Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Harry Potter: All Spark

by sandalhatman 20 reviews

Unspeakable Lily Potter does some consulting work for the American Ministry of Magic. Little does she know the strange Cube she encounters will forever change her unborn child's life.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Harry - Published: 2007-07-22 - Updated: 2007-07-22 - 2509 words - Complete

5Original
Harry Potter: All Spark

Disclaimer: I own nothing of either Harry Potter or Transformers. Don't sue, please. I'm poor.

Lily Potter was tired. An Unspeakable at the Department of Mysteries, she had just been called in on a consult for the Colonies. Apparently, the muggles found something that is giving off a strange energy signature. The United States Magical Government wants to know if it a lost relic of wizarding history or something they shouldn't bother with.

Being unable to determine for themselves, they brought in a consult. An extremely tired and hungry consult. A very pregnant consult, who currently happened to be retching up breakfast.

"I know baby," she murmured to her stomach. "Mummy doesn't like portkeys either. Oh, not another kick. Settle down, settle down."

"Mrs. Potter? Are you ok?"

Lily looked up into the eyes of another witch. Apparently this was the person she was doing the consulting for.

"Yeah. The baby just doesn't like portkeys. Neither to I, and when you combine the two of us, well, there is the result. Let me just vanish this up," she said, reaching for her wand.

"Yes, well, my name is Margaret Gates. I'm in charge of the project her. Let me fill you in on the details. From what we can tell, this is a secret muggle facility. They are also in the progress of studying the ... Cube."

"Cube?"

"Yes, we don't know what it is. All we know is it's cube-shaped and is giving off massive energy readings."

"Hmmmm, well I suppose it could be any number of things. Can you take me to it?"

"Of course, let me just disillusion you first."

The duo made there way through a labyrinth or corridors, bypassing muggles as they went. Finally they entered a large room. There it was, the Cube. It was a massive structure, easily the size of several houses, and just echoing of power.

"Wow ..."

"We were all pretty amazed the first time we saw it too. It just ... oozes power."

"I know, I can feel it. Well, can we get any closer? I need to be within a few feet to run some of the higher level diagnostic charms."

"Yeah, just watch out for some of the muggle equipment."

"Roger." Making her way over to the Cube, she took out her wand and began casting charms. She was confused. The Cube was reeking of power, but it wasn't magical. It was something else. Oh well, didn't matter, she had done her job. Motioning over to guide, she indicated to her to approach.

"Well, as you can see from the results of this charm, whatever energy it's leaking isn't magical. You shouldn't have to worry about anything."

"All right, thank you for coming out here by the way. We couldn't have done it without you."

"No problem, it was ..." Lily was interrupted as the Cube began to resonate. A spark of energy lanced out towards her, infusing her with its power. All Spark passed through her mind, before she slipped into unconsciousness.

The Healers could never find anything wrong with Lily Potter, or her unborn child. The blast from the Cube appeared to travel through her body without any repercussions. But none of them knew that, within her womb, the forming magic of her child had integrated that power of the All Spark's energy.



Harry Potter was not a happy child. He had just escaped from another session of 'Harry Hunting,' and was now wandering home, dreading Aunt Petunia's reaction to whatever lies Dudley made up about him today.
I just want a friend/, he thought. /Just one friend.//Someone who I can talk to and play with.

Oh joy, home already. He walked past the garbage cans that Uncle Vernon would undoubtedly make him put out later that night, and saw that Dudley had already broken is new remote control toy car. Picking it up for no reason, he looked at it sadly.

Dudley takes such horrible care of his toys.

Looking at it again, Harry suddenly felt an incredible warmth run through his body and out of his arms, into toy he was holding. He felt a sudden flaring of knowledge in his mind as he mentally felt the toy's presence. It was as if it was an extension of his body, and he knew it was alive.

Dropping it, he looked on in awe as the toy car transformed. Wheels retracted and arms reached out, the car taking on a humanoid body as it looked up at its creator.

"All-Spark," it said, dropping to his knees.

"Wow," Harry said, in child-like innocence. "Are you alive?"

"Your will has brought me into being, All-Spark."

"Why do you call me All-Spark? My name is Harry."

"That is what you are. You gave me life; you are the All-Spark."

"Hmmm. Will you be my friend?"

The toy racecar just looked at him questioningly.

"I mean, I've never had a friend. I just thought it would be nice if you ... anyways, we have to go inside. It would be really bad if Aunt Petunia caught us out here. Or even worse if Uncle Vernon came home early. I need to hide you."

Before any protest could be made, Harry picked up his creation and rushed inside. Sneaking passed his Aunt, who was spying on Mrs. Number 5, he quickly rushed into his cupboard.

"All-Spark, why did you create me?"

"I don't know. I don't even know how I could have made you. I mean, strange things happen around me sometimes, but I don't understand anything."

"You are the All-Spark, you created me. I feel the power within you. What is my purpose?"

"I don't know. I found you in the garbage can; Dudley threw you out. I was looking at you, thinking how much I wanted a friend, and how horribly Dudley treated his toys, and then I felt this warmth. It went through my arms, and then you were alive. I don't understand it."

"So, I have no purpose? I am a mistake?"

"Well, you can do whatever you want! I suppose you could be Dudley's toy again, or if you want, I would really like a friend."

"I do not wish to return to being the plaything of anything. I will be this ... friend."

Harry smiled, and started to tell his new friend about life at Number 4 Privet Drive. He was extremely surprised at the robot's response to his living conditions. How a toy car formed missile launchers and miniature machine guns he didn't know, but he had to pounce on the creature to prevent it from killing his family.

"No," he told it. "You can't kill them."

"Why?"

"That would be what they would do, and I want to be better than them."

"I understand, All-Spark, but I do not like it."

"Neither do I, but I won't drop to their level. What do I call you anyways, do you have a name?"

"I am not aware of any assigned designation."

"That means no, right? Well, it says here on one of your stickers 'Havoline.' Do you want that do be your name?"

"That is, adequate, All-Spark."



Wow, magic exists/ and I am// a wizard.// And I'm famous; I'm// the Boy-Who-Lived./Harry didn't know how he viewed that title, but he figured it couldn't be any worse than being called All-Spark by all his robotic friends.
In the years since the creation of Havoline, natural curiosity had taken its course and Harry decided to see if he could make any more friends. And Harry quickly learned just how far his power extended. He tried turning rocks or plants into friends, but it never worked. Finally, he deduced that the power only worked with machines, after experimenting on several other things he found discarded in the garbage.

Havoline was now accompanied by Castrol and Kendall. They were also formed from another of Dudley's discarded toys, a pair of walkie-talkies this time. The small whale quickly threw them into the wall in anger when he found their range was only several dozen feet, and he could not talk to his friend several houses away. Nevertheless, they were extremely useful to Harry, and Havoline was happy to have brothers.

Presently, however, Rubeus Hagrid had just returned Harry from his shopping trip at Diagon Alley. Learning the truth about his heritage, he was amazed to see how much money his parents had left for him, and quickly went on a shopping spree.

Hagrid, it seemed, almost didn't want Harry to buy any school supplies, though. He discouraged him from getting anything more than the basic supplies, and tried to get him to limit the amount of books he bought at the magical bookstore of Flourish and Blots

Luckily I'm stubborn/, thought Harry. /Besides, what is it his business what I do and don't buy. I needed t//hose books. And that bottomless, featherweight, and self-shrinking //trunk is priceless. How else am I supposed to bring all my robots to school with me?

Hopefully these books will tell me why I can bring machines to life. I didn't want to ask //Hagrid/ about// it//, and I don't really want to ask anybody else// either// for that matter. Uncle Vernon did always say I'm a freak. Maybe I am, but this will by one oddity I'm not complaining about./

But still, a wizard, me? I almost can't believe it. I probably wouldn'//t if all my friends weren't living machines I somehow gave life to

Harry, finally in his cupboard, expanded his truck and decided to read some books. Looking inside, he sighed. The bottomless trunk was full. //I hope //Havoline/ and the others help me read these, otherwise it will take forever./



The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...
Rushing out of Dumbledore's office, Harry quickly traveled to the flooded girl's bathroom on the second floor. Paying no attention to Myrtle this time, he hissed at sink, and watched as the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets opened.

Jumping down the hole, his descent was slowed as he neared the bottom by the numerous charms he had cast years ago. Ever since he had discovered the entrance and slew the Basilisk inside, he had used the Chamber as a base of sorts, an area where his robotic friends could live in peace.

Strangely enough, although no muggle technology was supposed to work at Hogwarts, his friends always had. Harry never gave it much thought, however, and was just happy they were there, although he thought it had something to do with the fact they were alive.

Now, he needed their help. He didn't know what to do with this new twist of Dumbledore's. Every year it seemed the man had something planned for him. The Philosophers Stone, a possessed teacher, a Death Eater teacher, forcing him to compete in a tournament he didn't enter, and now this prophecy.

Last year, Castrol and Kendall had been lifesavers in helping Harry look up spells for the Triwizard Tournament. Without them, he would never have found that fire shield spell and the confundus charm he used to defeat the dragon, or the bubblehead charm he used to breathe underwater in the Second Task. He was hoping they could help him again.

"I need help," Harry said, reaching the main area of the Chamber of Secrets.

"Was your mission not successful, All-Spark?"

"No, I got my godfather killed. But I don't want to think about that right now. Right now, I need advice. You see, we never knew why Voldemort targeted me and my parents. The Headmaster refused to tell me, until tonight. Apparently there is a prophecy that says me and Voldemort will fight, and only one of us will survive. I don't want to die."

"Neither do we want you to die, All-Spark. You created us, and without you, no more can be made."

"Do you have any ideas on what I can do? I've already decided to shove my pride down my throat and force feed myself Occlumency until I manage to learn it, so something like this doesn't happen again, but do you have any other ideas? Voldemort is years more experienced than I am, and I don't know how I will ever catch up, especially if he is going to be constantly making attempts on my life."

"We will help you, All-Spark."

"I know. That's why I'm here. But I have no idea what to do."

"No, we will help you," Havoline said, revealing his weapons as miniature missiles and gun barrels came into view. Castrol and Kendall nodded their assent, and also displayed their armaments.

Harry now understood. They intended to fight along with him. "Thank you, friends, but I don't want to involve you in war. Besides, there are only three of you."

"Then make more. You are the All-Spark."

Harry blinked. //Why //didn't I/ think of that/, he thought.
Two weeks later, Harry was traveling home on the Hogwarts Express, his robotic friends safely hidden in his trunk. As the train rolled into the station, Harry disembarked to see the sour face of his Uncle Vernon.
I just love summers. //So much.

That night though, was extremely rewarding. Creeping out of his room sometime after midnight, when the rest of the family was sound asleep, Harry proceeded to silently open the front door and creep out onto the lawn.

He smiled when he saw Uncle Vernon's new car sitting in the driveway. Walking towards it, and reaching out to it with a familiar power, he slowly poured life into it.

Backing away, his work complete, he smiled as the car shuddered and transformed. It was the largest thing he had ever brought to life, towering even over the house. The giant began to bow before him, as all his other creations had.

Oh yes/, he smirked, /most definitely a 'power the Dark Lord knows not/.
'/



AN: Hehe, this bunny popped into my mind last night, and I stayed up all night writing it. Basically, the All-Spark left echoes of its own power in Harry's developing magical core, and he integrated that into himself. So while Harry can bring machines to life, they aren't entirely independent. They are tied to his magical core, which is why they go around calling him All-Spark and following his commands. The timeline is way before the movie. Harry Potter happens in the 90s, before the turn of the century, so there are no Auto bots yet. I can't wait till the transformers movie comes out on DVD. Actually, I'm buying Blue-Ray, just for it. And an HDTV, yeah.
Sign up to rate and review this story