Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Secrets don't make friends.

Do you wonder?

by lclutebark 7 reviews

Not really much of Pete in here... but it's what happened through the years...before...well i can't tell what, but next chapter it's about to explain everything.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-07-22 - Updated: 2007-07-23 - 2950 words

0Unrated
I can't wait for next chapter to tell you guys what is about to happen... lol
I really loved the reviews! Thanks and please let me know what you really think of this work! Thanks again! You guys are awesome!!




The years after Trevor was born, were very hard for me. Actually I had a brief post partum depression but I was glad that I found motivation to love my son, I was also glad to have my aunt helping everyway she could. I was hard for me to go out with Trevor and see people staring a t me, like I was a criminal or something for being so young. I felt like crap knowing that I didn't even had money to support my own child and my parents had to do it for me, sending money every month, my dad was totally disappointed in me when he found out but when he came visit he instantly fell in love with the baby.
In 2000 I decided to grow up in a financial aspect but my parents said they could help me and take care of things until I could, so I started college, I had to chose a career that wouldn't force me to be away from my kid, even tho I knew I could be everything I wanted I decided to settle as a teacher. So that's what I did and I don't regret it.
My mom kept me updated on how the Wentz were doing, I had heard about Pete's attempt on becoming a rock star and I agreed whole heartedly that he could pull it off, even though he was in college and everything I just couldn't picture Pete in a 9 to 5 job. That year Christmas had been great, mom and dad had come together to spend it with us and they even brought a letter from Mrs. Wentz and a little present for Trevor, sure she said openly how disappointed she was with me but that she still loved me as if I was her own child, that had depressed me but there was nothing I could do to please her, since I just wasn't about to drop the bomb that her son was a father.
The year of 2001 was actually full of ups and downs, my mom and dad started to fight again, so my mom had decided to come live with us for sometimes, my dad still sent money and well things were tighter but not so bad, still I felt bothered by not being working yet, so secretly I started to look for a job, so I just could feel like I was at least trying.
Surprisingly I got a job, the funnier part that it was a part time job in a bookstore, it was good cause it wasn't so hectic and stressful, the first three weeks I was clandestinely working, I hadn't told mom or my aunt Suzette, so they always thought I was in college doing extra work so I could graduate earlier, as I had told them. But I couldn't keep that from them, and they were even excited that at least we could have a little more money to buy new clothes for my baby that was growing cuter everyday. Actually I was glad that Trevor was also a very healthy baby, so less money on medication.
At one point my mom went back to Wilmette, to live with my dad but it wasn't for long when she came back with all her stuff saying that it wouldn't work anymore and that it was final. Actually even having my own child I was completely devastated knowing their love that had created me, had vanished and well they were now leading different lives. Mom seemed to be far from upset, though saying they were on good terms and that they just couldn't just be a couple anymore. I could only accept that if she was okay with that, right?

In college things were doing good, actually it was tough but still I managed to do everything at once, studying, working and then going back to watch my baby grow. It was hard work but everything seemed to be over when I'd get home, drop my stuff by the door and have my little toddler greeting me with his little grin, that even though reminded me so much of Pete, still made me smile, knowing I was doing what was right f or Trevor and for Pete.
The year of 2002 was better, mom went back to work, aunt Suzette was in a better health and well I was also in a better mood, I was even going out in dates. I met Christopher at the bookstore, he was a costumer that always hung out in there ,the first year we were just friends, talking about just anything or everything, he would always bring me coffee, he even knew my favorite flavor but until then I never noticed him as more than a friend, I was even surprised when he asked me out on a date, but accepted anyways, we had started dating and well he always knew of Trevor and they even had fun together, he was good with kids and my mom and aunt Suzette really liked him, so we were doing great and I felt like I was starting to leave behind the shadows of Peter Wentz. By the end of the year, Christopher had proposed to me and I had accepted, to my dismay I was in love with him, but two months later I heard something on the radio about a band called Fall out boy and well...one of the integrants was Pete, I must admit that my heart skipped a bit, but after that I never heard of them again.
Until 2003, when I was hearing about them everywhere since Christopher loved alternative rock bands and it was all it played in the car, our wedding day was set to May, the 30th a Saturday. I was so stressed by February that I just couldn't wait to get everything over with, College was killing me, working was the only place when I could really relax because at home, whenever I stepped in my mom and my aunt wouldn't stop babbling about the wedding and about everything involving it. Sometimes I'd get Trevor go to my room and just pretend I was sleeping so they wouldn't piss me off, but I was read to throw things at them.
Christopher on the other hand was showing me everyday what a wonderful was to love and to be loved in return, I couldn't wait to be his wife and become Mrs. Jasper. Christopher was also 6 years older than me so he already had his life more stabilized than mine, he lived in a huge house in a great area in the city, he wanted us to move with him, but I'd still have to leave Trevor with Aunt Suzette, he wanted me to quit my job, until I could get a job as a teacher or a intern so I didn't have to be all over the place all day. My little boy had a very strong personality and now that he was 3 years old, he demanded lots of attention, so I couldn't be happier to be able to spend more time with my son. As I said before Christopher was so good with him, taking him to parks, putting him to sleep when he was with us on the weekends and the better part was that Trevor liked him as well, respected him and showed affection. My only dilemma was If I'd ever wanted Christopher to know who 'Peter' really was, especially now that they were playing on the radio more and more, okay... it was on independent radio stations but still...I was sure they'd be huge and well... I was right.
My wedding day was one of the happiest day of my life, my son had come in with the wedding bands and I had cried like crazy, my dad had carried me towards the altar and given me away to my husband, and well everything was perfect. My happiness was just broken when my dad had told me that he had commented to the Wentz about my wedding and well, I guess they were completely upset with me, but maybe it was the right thing to do...I was starting over, and well I had just given a father to my kid, Pete was safe now.
Finally in 2004 I had graduated and I was glad that I had found a job right after I finished college, it was exactly where I wanted and well, the salary was awesome! Let's just say that my kid was in kindergarten and I had a little more time to myself since giving birth. Moving in to another side of the city was weird because I had some friends in the neighborhood and now I was a stranger, but I decided to occupy my time organizing the house and well just being a house wife until it was time to go get Trevor in School when Christopher couldn't do it. By the way I had learned 4 months after our wedding that I was pregnant but unfortunately I lost the baby three months into the gestation, the cause is unknown, but Christopher was a very positive guy and was not let down by that, he was always supporting me with encouraging words, to be truthful I never imagined myself sleeping with another man, as a little girl I never thought I'd feel comfortable enough to do it with one guy, imagine doing it with two, but that's not really the case, after I lost the baby I would always have flashbacks of the nights I spent with Pete and that would make me uncomfortable to 'sleep' with my husband, but he never forced me in to anything being sympathetic to my situation, but making me feel bad with myself in the same way.
January, 2005. That's the year I wish I could wipe away from my memory, actually I wish I didn't have to go through so much pain in my life. I was working when I got a call from the hospital, saying my husband had been in a car crash, and unfortunately he didn't make it. How can you just digest such information, specially when I didn't know if he was still with Trevor, I didn't know how to act, I was blinded by the pain, and I had just passed out. After the funeral, I felt like dead inside, I had lost the man I was sure would grow old with me and someone who had selfishly taught me so much about life, and he had died that way, a young driver had lost the control of the car while driving on the snowy road and had hit Christopher right on the side, he didn't even had time to try to reverse the vehicle and his life had been taken away.
He had left us the house, his other car, money but that wouldn't fulfill the empty spot on the dinner table or the empty spot by my side on the bed, I was broken inside and the only thing bringing me happiness was Trevor, that being such an smart kid, noticed that his 'dad' was missing and well I had to bring on the story that dad was in heaven with little angels and blah blah. I wish that my kid didn't have to suffer so much pain, but I caught him numerous times crying over Christopher's absence and sometimes when he was being difficult with me he'd call Christopher's name and that would tear me apart. On the break we'd go to Wilmette to visit my dad and well, to take a breath of fresh air.
In Wilmette things seemed to be the same, I took Trevor to places I used to go and well he had a good time hanging out with his grandfather. One afternoon I was coming home with a sleeping baby on my shoulder after an active day out. As I closed the car doors, I noticed someone observing from the corner of my eyes, I immediately knew it was Mrs. Wentz. I just couldn't help but feel nervous that she'd notice how much Trevor reminded of Pete.
She approached me, her hands in her face.
"Oh my jesus! Is this him?" she asked, surprised, I just nodded, smiling shyly.
"Yeah, Trevor Scott, he is 5 now." I said more confidently.
"Too bad he is sleeping I'd love to see his angel face" she looked at me now, her face full of emotions.
"We are leaving tomorrow..." I said, not really telling her we had been there for a whole week and that I had a special way to get out of the house without her noticing.
"Aww, how long have you been here?" oh oh
"Well, for a few days... dad had so much planned that I never really had the time to come over, actually I didn't even know if I'd be welcome in your home." I said looking down.
"OMG! I'd never ever not welcome you in my house, Katie! It's almost like your own house" she said hugging me as she could.
"I'm really sorry for everything, Lola. I really never meant to just disappear but that's how it happened, anyways... I heard Pete's band is getting huge!! Tell him I wish him all success in the world." I said as I made my way inside the house after we parted.

We went back home and everything seemed to be doing good, actually it was and I was glad I could finally again have a little time to get the house going as before, I won't lie and say that at night I didn't leave the adjacent bathroom lights on like Christopher liked because I did, I still watched his favorite channels, I still listened to his favorite radio stations and that's how I first heard 'sugar we are going down' the radio said it was a huge summer hit and well, it was indeed really good and damn catchy.
I had spent the whole day thinking of Pete, I even goggled his ass when I got to work, and I admit I was shocked when I saw what he looked like around that time, I wondered if he had just stopped growing or something, there was like tons of pictures of him online, it was almost scary, I saw the pictures of his band mates all of them looked really young, maybe he felt like he had to look young as well, but it was a good look, he wasn't bad looking at all, he was definitely more put together than when we hooked up. His eyes still captured my attention whenever I looked at them, and that scared me, how my heart beating rate increased by looking at him, I wished I hadn't.
One afternoon I was watching tv with Trevor, that had been sent home earlier due to some fever, but I had already controlled it a we lay there together.
I was switching channels when I saw Pete's face so I immediately stopped, he was on Mtv with his band mates, the head line said they would be premiering a video or something, but I could only take notice of what he was saying, he sounded more put together too and that was good, but his clothes reminded me of one of those kids from the school I worked, the ones that or either liked to be left alone or walked in large groups.
The video was dance, dance and Trevor was even nodding his head to the song, even though the final dance had him giggling all the way, he even clapped along with the audience of the show that seemed to love them, I was still shocked about Pete kissing the girl. It was so weird. But anyways he was still acting right?
"Do you like the video, Trev.?" I asked when he calmed down again.
"Yeah, mommy it's fun. I really liked that dance too." he smiled at me, the same smile I had just seen on tv.
"Yeah it was pretty cool, uh baby?" I nodded.
"You know that guy playing, the one dancing, he was really cool mom, can I get my hair like that for school tomorrow?" oh my!
So Trevor had worn his hair in that style the day after, actually he had thrown a fit when I had said that he wouldn't, I had cried when he had grinned in satisfaction, it looked so much like Pete that now I felt like I was robbing him from not meeting his son. But too bad it was too late now.
The year of 2006 started out a little better, January had been painful but I had survived, actually having Trevor around was amazing, he was such a sensitive kid.
I have to say that by then I was watching MTV almost regularly to keep up with whatever Pete was doing, I even felt a little stalker-ish but whatever, Trevor seemed to really like Fall Out Boy, even though the lyrics were not appropriated for him, I didn't mind when he watched the videos with me.
Everything was cam until June, when I started noticing a car following me from a far distance, but like three times a week, and even close to my house, it happened for two weeks and then they were gone, but I was still suspicious and wondered what exactly it wa s all about...
Sign up to rate and review this story