Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > No Matter What They Say, Don't Believe A Word

Chapter 9-The Kiss

by xxACoalminexx 3 reviews

Well, the title is a little self-explanatory, isn't it? Kristina gets a kiss. But the question is from who? Alicia? Her mom? Pete? Her dad? Max? Read on to find out...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-07-24 - Updated: 2007-07-24 - 801 words - Complete

0Unrated
After school, I played soccer. I have to say it was the worst game I ever played. Pete and I didn't even talk to each other for the whole time. Not even one insult came out of either of our mouths. I just glared and he just looked confused.

"Kristina, stop. I don't want to play soccer right now and I can tell you don't either,"

I stopped the ball with my foot and turned to face him.

"I always feel like playing soccer," I lied and stared at him coldly.

"No you don't, not right now..."

I crossed my arms and stayed silent.

"What's going on with you today? First you get your head stuck in a locker, then you get all mad when we're walking to class, then--wait!" a cheeky grin started to form on his face, "I know what this is about!"

I still didn't reply.

"You're jealous because I said your friend is hot!" he guessed.

I dropped my jaw. Am I that obvious?

Pete laughed, "Well..." he stepped closer to me and slipped an arm, then the other around my waist. I didn't try to stop him because it felt really good, "...it is true that your friend is hot but..." he didn't continue.

"But what?" I asked curiously.

"But you're just awesome in some way, I can't describe it. I really like that about you. So don't be jealous, okay?"

He held my face in his hands and pulled me into a kiss. I felt myself turn very red. My face was probably the same color as my hair right now. This was my first kiss... And I got it from a guy whom I believed hated me. Well, in any case it felt amazing. Once he let me go, I giggled like a silly little girl and then ran. That was such a stupid thing to do. But I couldn't just stop and turn around so I ran all the way to my house. While ringing the doorbell, I was still a little dazed. My mom answered, and she looked very angry. I was too late in realizing the mistake I just made. I'm wearing cleats, I'm all sweaty and I'm not supposed to be back from 'work' for another hour.

"Kristina Loraine Marianna Fink!" Oh no...she used my whole name. She never does that unless I'm in a humungous amount of trouble, "Where have you been?!"

"Um...uh...I...uh...w-work!" I stuttered.

She narrowed her eyes. Mothers know when their daughters lie, especially if the daughter is as bad a liar as I am, "Then why are you back so early?"

"I...uh..." I thought quickly, "I got let out early."

"Really?" I could tell she knew something.

But I played along, "Yeah,"

"And where is it that you work?"

"D-Dick's Sporting Goods," I stammered.

"Hm...you know what's a little strange, Kristina?" she asked softly.

"What?"

"I went there a little earlier to see how you were doing and to my utter surprise, you weren't there!"

"Um...maybe I'd left already?" I said, not looking into her eyes.

"Yes, that's what I thought. But just to make sure, I asked the manager. And do you know what he said to me?" she paused, probably for dramatic effect.

I stopped breathing for a moment. This is it...I'm dead in 3, 2, 1...

"He said you don't work there!" she glared at me angrily, "I cannot believe that you would lie to me! And I know what you were doing while I thought you were at work. You were playing soccer! It is such a waste of time, you're not going to get anywhere with it. I thought I made that clear. Well, I guess not, so you're just gonna have to learn the hard way. Take off your cleats!" she ordered.

"Wh-why?" I asked in a small voice.

"NOW!" she barked.

I kicked them off my feet.

"Go to your room, young lady, and bring down all of your soccer things. They're all going in the incinerator! And if you don't bring them down, I'll have to take them by force."

I gasped, "You can't do that!"

"Yes I can! And I will! GO!" she yelled.

I ran upstairs in tears. How can she just do that? How can I let her? I'm such an idiot. Why didn't I at least think about what would happen if she decided to visit? I cursed at my stupidness. I knew when my mom wasn't kidding about something. I'm never going to even touch another soccer ball again.



Okay, I'm taking this oppurtunity to thank everyone who reads my stories and extra thanks to those who review! I love reading your comments, they really make my day. I hope you enjoyed...I'll probably update tommorow
Sign up to rate and review this story