Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Now I Only Waste It Dreaming Of You

Headaches and Bad Luck (?)

by sweets 0 reviews

Teddy always thought she had the worst luck, but is she right this time?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-26 - Updated: 2007-07-27 - 1328 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4 - Headaches and Bad Luck

Two days after "the incident", as Candy had come to refer to it, Teddy was working her night job as a hostess at Nina's, an expensive Italian restaurant. She'd be lying if she said she hadn't been pretty down the past 48 hours, but she was trying very hard to forget the whole experience.

Of course, that was a little hard to do at the record shop where Candy insisted on bringing it up ever fifteen minutes. But at the restaurant no one knew anything about Pete Wentz or Teddy's so called whoredom and that was the way she was happy to keep it.

She turned towards one of the girls that had just appeared from the back. "I'm due for my break Helena, cover for me for 10 minutes?"

The tall, red-haired girl nodded and took over Teddy's station by the door as Teddy attempted to make her way to the back and out the back door where she promptly sat down on an overturned milk carton and placed her head in her hands.

What had she been thinking? Thinking that she knew Patrick because they had spent half an hour and a few smiles together one afternoon. Anyone who could be best friends with a scumbag like Pete was not someone that she could ever be a friend with. How had she misjudged him, all of them, so badly? She usually prided herself on her keen perception and natural intuition about people. But this time she'd gotten it wrong. She should have known better. Things like becoming friends with rock stars did not happen to people like her.

Teddy let herself wallow in these thoughts for a few more moments before gathering herself together and planting the smile back on her face. It wouldn't do to dwell on a man she'd never even really known.

She slipped back into the kitchen and started back out the hallway towards the restaurant when someone came flying around the corner and she found herself landing on the floor on her bottom and staring at a messy, black haired man for the second time in three days.

Why? Why did she have the worst luck humanly possible?

******

Pete Wentz groaned a bit and raised himself off the floor, sitting confused eyes on her before seeming to realize what had happened. "I'm so sorry. I'm a real klutz. I was just looking for the bathroom-"

Teddy stared at him with cold eyes and interrupted before he could go on further, "Excuse me, I have to get back to work."

She attempted to make her way around him but he stood in her path and stared at her intently. "I know you, don't I? You look familiar ... and no woman stares at me like that unless I've personally wronged her."

He smiled, but Teddy just stared back with a look of disgust on her face. This man was so arrogant. And apparently he insulted so many women on a nightly basis he couldn't even remember her name. She knew she needed to get out of there before she ended up letting him have it and getting herself fired. She made a move to get around him again but this time he grabbed her arm. "Hey, wait--"

"Don't touch me!" Teddy yanked her arm out of his grasp and gave him a furious look.

Pete wore an almost hurt expression. "I'm sorry, I just...please, who are you?"

Teddy shook her head in disgust, "Just another idiotic gold digging whore." She made another move to get around him and this time he let her pass but she froze at his next words.

"Teddy? You're Teddy aren't you? My God, I've been looking for you everywhere."

Teddy turned around and stared at him in shock. "What?"

Pete took a step closer to her and frowned. "I'm told I said some pretty awful things to you but honestly I don't remember. I was completely and totally out of it."

Teddy stared at him. "You were high?" She actually thought that might explain a few things.

Pete shook his head. "No, not like you think. I'm sort of a therapist's wet dream. Pill to get me up in the morning, One to go to bed at night. One when I'm too sad. One when I'm too happy. Anyway, the other night I acted like a real idiot and I mixed a bunch of pills that had no business going together. The result was that I turned into a completely out of my mind fucking jackass. Patrick even made our manager drag me out of an interview because I was acting so strangely."

Teddy thought back to that night and remembered what he had said about being sent to the dressing room for 'being a bad boy'. Could it be possible he was telling the truth?

"So you don't remember any of the things you said to me?"

Pete shook his head, "No, but Marie pretty much filled me in. I am so, so sorry. I didn't mean any of those things, I didn't even know what I was saying, I swear to you. I know that doesn't make it alright, but it is the truth."

She searched his eyes again for any sign of the rude boy she had met the other night or that he was making all of it up. All she could find was remorse and shame.

After a moment, she nodded her head, coming to a decision. "No hard feelings Pete. Everyone makes mistakes I suppose, even rock stars."

She saw the look of relief flood his features and watched as a genuine smile lit up his face.

"Thank you. You have no idea how bad I've felt about this. And I didn't think Patrick would ever forgive me."

Teddy wrinkled her nose, "For what?"

Pete looked at her curiously. "While, for insulting you of course. I haven't seen him that angry in years. He still hasn't talked to me since yesterday morning."

"Oh." Teddy felt a small smile creeping up. "Really?"

Pete smiled, "Of course. When he went back to the record store yesterday to apologize and you weren't there Joe thought he was going to--"

"What?! What do you mean he went back to the record store? No one told me."

"Really? While Joe said there was some blonde girl there that refused to give him your phone number and pretty much told him off."

Teddy bit her lip in aggravation. "I am going to kill Candy."

Pete was staring at her, looking confused. "candy?"

Teddy shook her head, "Never mind. Look can you just tell Patrick I'm sorry, okay? I just...I never....just that I'm sorry."

Pete smiled at her again. "Tell him yourself. He's in the next room. It's pretty amazing that you work here. I was sure I'd never get the chance to apologize to you," he stuck out a hand.

"Hi, I'm Pete."

She smiled as she shook his hand. "I'm Teddy, nice to meet you, Pete. Usually." She couldn't help but tease him a bit and he gave her a wry smile.

"Teddy, tell me what I can do to make it up to you. Anything, just name it." He looked so sincere that it almost made Teddy want to laugh but she managed to keep it a small giggle.

"While there is one thing..." she trailed off dramatically, "do you think you could request a special person to wait on you tonight so said person may get to hang out in the VIP room instead of standing at the door all night long?"

Pete stared at her oddly for a moment before letting out a loud laugh. "You're not like other girls are you Teddy? Tickets, clothes, anything you could have asked for and you want to wait on me."

Teddy blushed and laughed along with him. "No, I suppose I'm not very much like most other girls at all."
Sign up to rate and review this story