Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't Look Back, Never Look Back

Don't Look Back, Never Look Back

by Aellie 1 review

Kyle Orman meets Gerard Way for the first time since highschool.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way, Other - Published: 2007-07-27 - Updated: 2007-07-27 - 1139 words

0Unrated
Rain.

Is there anything more beautiful?

Many people see darkness in rain.

Destruction.

I see renewal. I see rebirth. I see light.

It's so sad that many people can't strike out the darkness.

I can.

And I want to help him.

I will help him.

And he will help me.



Kyle Orman walked out into the drizzle, hoping that the storm would start up soon. Barefoot, she padded her way into the street. The pavement was cool beneath her feet, chilling her slightly. She began to make her way down the roads she knew so well.

I wonder if I'll get hurt. Oh well, it's only blood. She thought to herself.

Being soaked to the skin and on a street she didn't know, she thought about the concert on the weekend. Her favorite band. My Chemical Romance. Memories surrounded her, making her cringe. She had gone to highschool with Gerard and Mikey. It was upsetting because Gerard had always seemed depressed and downtrodden. Kyle thought several times of going up to him, just striking up a conversation, maybe helping him smile or something. She hated seeing people upset. But it never seemed to help, since she was shy and her friends didn't like him. Somehow, hiding behind her friends was just the way she was. A follower. She didn't want to be, but it was highschool. You were either the followed or the follower. And lack of support made her run back to her friends. They had threatened to leave her, not be seen with her if she was seen with him. Highschool was a sad time.

A sudden hard pinch on the sole of her foot let her know of an invading peice of glass.

"I am not smart." She thought aloud.

"No, you're not." A voice rang out from the home off to her right. She knew the face very well. Black hair shadowing the beautiful hazel eyes. Gerard Way. How ironic it was that she was thinking of him and there he was. His voice was refreshing against the steady droplets hitting pavement. "Need some help?" He asked. How sweet. A rockstar helping the crazy girl without shoes.

"No, I'm fine. I just live on Willow." She reassured him.

"Willow is almost a mile away. That cut will get infected." He seemed interested in helping her, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to bother him. He might remember her.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry." Seeing the skeptical look on his face, she added, "If you must, could you get me a bandaid?" He smiled and nodded. Kyle limped up to the steps, sitting down to examine the laceration. A bandaid wouldn't cover it. The swinging of a screen door behind her and footsteps let her know that he had come back, but she was too slow to put her foot down. He had seen it.

"That might need stitches. Are you sure you don't need any help?" He asked, worried more so than the last time.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sure the bandaid will help some until I get home." She opened the package and placed the bandage over the middle of the cut, but with her feet being wet, the bandage didn't stick.

"Let me drive you home. I'm not letting you leave until you do." Gerard stood, pulling a set of keys from his pocket and walking to an old car parked on the street. Sighing, Kyle stood as well, limping as she followed. He held the passenger door open for her.

"You're too nice." She commented.

"I like to think so." He started up the car after they both pulled seatbelts on, and Kyle gave him directions to her house. The car ride was unpleasently silent. Because of her nature, Kyle began to giggle.

"What's so funny?" Gerard asked.

"Awkward silences make me laugh. I dunno why."

"I got stuck with the cute pyscho. This helps me out alot." Gerard laughed. He looked over at her. "Don't I know you from somewhere?" He asked.

"I might have gone to highschool with you." Kyle told him quietly.

"You were part of that group. Not the cheerleaders, the other ones. But you look different." He commented, nodding towards her Misfits teeshirt and ripped jeans, compared to the perfectly pink polo and short skirts.

"Yeah. I didn't like what I wore when I hung out with them."

"Why didn't you dress how you wanted to?"

"I was afraid."

"Of what?" This wasn't going to be easy.

"I was stupid and a follower back in highschool. You didn't know what it was like to be secure and have that security threatened every time you wanted to do something out of the ordinary."

"No, I don't. But then again, that's how I got here today. Not being afraid to do things."

"Well, I outgrew the habit when they tried to force me to listen to rap. That's where I drew the line and switched schools."

"So that's why you weren't there senior year."

"Yup. Ask any of my friends from my senior class, they can tell you that the change I made was durastic. I began to play guitar, hang out with the drama dorks and the art geeks. I was liked by everyone. And now that I'm through with college and out on my own, no one cares. I only have my roommate, Nicole." Kyle pointed out the quadraplex that she lived in. Stopping in front of the building, Gerard sighed.

"Never mean't to blend in, never allowed to stand out. That's how I always saw you."

"You actually knew who I was?"

"Yup. I always wanted to talk to you, you were just always surrounded by your friends... who didn't like me by the way." Kyle lowered her eyes. He had known who she was in highschool. He had wanted to talk to her.

"Well, I gotta go." Stepping out of the car onto the curb, she could feel the pain shoot up her leg.

"You coming to the concert this weekend?" He asked before she shut the door.

"No money, can't afford it."

"I'll tell you what, you show up at the backstage door, tell the guard who you are, and I'll make them let you come in. We have alot of catching up to do."

"Catching up with someone you hardly know? That seems a little strange."

"Well, maybe I can get to know you better." He smiled. "Now, get inside and bandage up your foot, I want you to be able to walk when you show up Saturday." Kyle had to smile at his enthusiasm.

"Sure thing Mr. Way."

"Call me Gerard."

"Sure thing... Gerard." Her grin widened. Shutting the door, she turned and limped toward the quad, pulled out her keys, and let herself inside. She watched Gerard pull away, waving.
Sign up to rate and review this story