Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

You Can't Be Missed If You Never Go Away

by killxsmile 3 reviews

TOUR?!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-27 - Updated: 2007-07-27 - 2259 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: Free games of laser tag go out to:
i_heart_cliches
fobgal1
ryanrossISsove
ssketchator
jewsicax


you guys rock.

Chapter 21: You Can't Be Missed If You Never Go Away

All we are is too fast for love.
-Cobra Starship

*

6 months later...

Emi's POV

I woke up to the sound of a crash, most probably originating from the kitchen. Groaning, I directed my gaze to the alarm clock on my nightstand. A glaring red 2:15 flashed through the darkness, burning my eyes.

"Emerson," I sighed. My dog was known for wandering into the pantry for late-night snacks. However, when I looked toward the foot of the bed, a tiny brown and black ball of fur was staring back at me, confused as I was. He scampered over the blankets and took a seat on my chest.

"If you're here, who's out there?" I asked, scratching his ear. Emerson responded by licking the side of my face. "C'mon, let's see which idiots are wandering around the apartment." I reluctantly left my bed to investigate the noise. My ball of fur followed as I wandered into the kitchen.

"Shh, you'll wake her up," someone whispered.
"Sorry, I'll try to be more careful...You know she's not going to like this, right?"
"Just shut up and help me."

Emerson barked as I turned the lights on.
"Don't you boys have anything better to do than sneak around my apartment at 2 in the morning?" Both of them looked like deer caught in the headlights. If I wasn't so sleep deprived, I would have found their expressions rather amusing.

I didn't give them keys, so Christina must've told them where I hid the spare. Either that or someone went Chuck Norris on my door without my knowing.

"Nice going. This was supposed to be a surprise."
"Hey, if it weren't for you pushing me, I wouldn't have bumped into the answering machine."

"Wake me up when you two girls sort it out..." I turned the lights off and collapsed back into bed. I don't mix well with mornings. Or idiots. Or mornings with idiots.

"Emi, get up!"
"Give me a few hours..." I said from underneath my pillow. "I just got back from a Boys Like Girls concert thirty minutes ago... really tired...need sleep."
"Ugh, don't give me that." Even from underneath my blanket I could tell that somebody turned the lights back on. Rockstars or not, these boys were pissing me off.
"Go awayyy."

All of a sudden, I felt the weight of a certain skinny boy on top of me. I groaned and wished for a pair of scissors, a bottle of mace, a light saber. Anything to get them to leave.

"Tyson..."
"Yes?" He pulled back the blankets so we were face to face.
"Please let me sleep."
"Can't. We've gotta get on the road."
"Well you don't need me to get on the road."
"Actually, we do."
"What the hell are you talking about?"
"We're kind of here to kidnap you."
"What?"
"Christina didn't want to come on tour with us--"
"She has good reason not to," I said, cutting him off. "It would be hot, sweaty and smelling like BO for 3 months."
"Let me finish. She didn't want to come on your with us, but agreed to on one condition." Tyson said. "Another girl had to come along."
"Nick's a girl. Problem solved," I curtly replied.

"Hey, I resent that," Nick added.

Tyson rolled his eyes then looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Nuh-uh. Not happening," I said, catching his drift. He wanted me to go on tour.
"Please Em?" Those baby blues were gorgeous, but I had built up an immunity toward them. My slipping into unconsciousness also helped.
"I can't, Ty. I have work...bills..." My eyelids were too heavy to keep open.

*
For the second time that day, I woke up to the sound of crashing.

"What the...?" I groaned, then buried my head in a pillow.

I felt Emerson's cold nose rubbing against my neck, and lifted my head. Instead of poster-covered walls, I saw messy bunks and felt the all too familiar feeling of going over a pothole.

Oh. Fucking. Hell.

"TYSON!" I screamed. He tumbled down from the bunk above me, then groaned as he hit the floor. He laid there for a few seconds before turning onto his back.
"Wake up the whole bus, why dontcha?"
"What the fuck am I doing on /this bus/?!"
"After you fell asleep on me yesterday, I had to carry your ass out of bed and onto that comfy bunk you're laying on..."
"Tyson, I can't be here. I have a job. I can't just up and leave whenever I want."
"Em, it's summer. Try to chill out a little, Berkley's gotten to your brain," he said, nonchalantly. "We took care of your rent, Shannon is covering your shifts at the store and Christina packed your stuff. A few weeks on tour with us won't kill you." I rolled my eyes.
"Did you ever stop and consider What I wanted to do with my vacation?" I sat up and rested my head against a window. Emerson scampered off the bunk and toward the front of the bus.
"Everybody knows how much you love the moshpit," he said, sitting across from me. Tyson definitely had a point. "Going to concerts, meeting a few bands, hanging out backstage...Most people would see it as a privilege," he said, matter-of-factly.
"I guess..."

All of a sudden, the bus came to a screeching halt, sending Tyson flying into me. He awkwardly hovered over me for a few seconds.

"Everybody okay?" Mike asked. "Woah, sorry!" he said, looking at our compromising position. He quickly closed the door and headed toward the front of the bus.

"Great, now Mike's gonna think there's something going on between us..."
"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Still hovering above me, he wiggled his eyebrows.
"In your dreams."
"You say that now, but you know you can't resist me," he joked before climbing off me.

*
We reached the first venue within an hour. While the guys and Christina headed to check out the stage, I went around and helped set up the merch booth. Jack, the merch boy, had grown to be like a little brother of mine on the last tour. He was a really sweet kid, and reminded me of Ben.

"Thanks for the help," Jack said. "No offense, but wouldn't you rather be hanging out with Tyson and the guys?"
"Meh, they're just boys who happen to play good music. The merch booth is where it's at." He laughed. We continued opening boxes and folding shirts, taking note of the overwhelming amount of "S" and "XS" tags on everything.

"There sure are a lot of kids coming to the show," he said.
"Yep, lots of kids...and girls who think they can fit into kid-sized shirts." We both laughed at this comment, then went on to share our concert stories.

"...So I was at this one Starting Line concert last summer. My friend Tom was on the barricade and got kicked in the face by a crowd surfer. He needed stitches, so he got to go backstage and meet everyone while me and his girlfriend were looking for him," he said. "I wish I got kicked in the face instead..." He sighed.

"Heh, if I got to meet the Starting Line, I would too." In my opinion, 'Best of Me' was a work of genius. "They're my favorite band."
"I would think that the Rejects would be your favorite. You are on tour with them."
"They're up there, but Kenny owns my soul."

At that moment, my cell phone went off. I sighed and pulled it out of my pocket. As expected, CHRISTINAAA flashed across the screen. "Sorry, I've gotta take this." He nodded.

"Sup?"
"Nothing. That's the problem. I'm bored out of my mind and your dog doesn't like me."
"Where are you?"
"In one of the dressing rooms backstage." I covered the speaker and turned to Jack.

"Mind if I take off? I need to save my dog from Christina."
"It's fine."

"'Kay, I'll be there in a few," I said, getting back on the phone.
"See you."
"Bye."
"Byeee." I tucked the phone back into my pocket.

"See you later, Emi."
"See ya."

When I went to the dressing room, all I found were Nick and Christina making out on the couch.

I guess she's not bored anymore...

Emerson's ears perked up when he saw me and he happily followed as I headed back to the merch booth. On my way there I saw Tyson standing around, looking as bored as I was.

"Jesus, Emi!" he said as I jumped onto his back. "What's up?"
"Just hanging out. Bored because there's not much to do around here."
"You could hang out with Christina."
"She's making babies with Nick."
"You could watch..."
"Psh, that would get boring fast," I joked, jumping down from his back.
"Well I guess you could chill with me. I'm going to check who else is here."
"Who are you going on tour with, anyways?" I asked. "I only saw AAR shirts while I was at the merch booth."
"Come with me and find out."

We walked toward the other buses and saw some guys standing around and talking.

"Em, I dare you to tackle him," he said, pointing to a guy who was facing away from us. With his hood up, he was the easiest target of the bunch. From the huge grin on Tyson's face, said guy probably wasn't a run of the mill roadie. Nonetheless, I ran up to the group and knocked him down onto a nearby patch of grass.

"Oh fuck," he groaned.

Tyson, as well as the others, were laughing hysterically. However, the guy underneath me didn't seem too pleased. I got up and brushed the dirt off my jeans, then offered a hand to my facedown victim.

"Damn, Charlie, she got you good," one of the guys said as I helped him up.
"You know what kid, you're alright. Even Dirty can't knock me over," he said. "What's your name?"

"Emi?" Someone said, taking the words out of my mouth. I looked to the group and saw four familiar faces. One in particular caught my eye.

"Pete?"

He hadn't changed much since the last time I saw him--hair was a little longer, but he was the same height and I assumed that he had same blinding white smile.

"You two know each other?" Tyson asked.
"Yeah..." I said, in a mild state of shock. Of all the gin joints in the all the world...

Sensing awkwardness between us, he quickly changed the subject.

"...Well we're going around to see who else is here. Anybody wanna tag along?"
"Sure, why not."

With Tyson leading the way, we headed toward a bus that was pulling into the parking lot. Patrick, Andy, Joe, Charlie and who I assumed was Dirty followed while Pete and I drifted toward the back. Tyson looked back at me as if to ask "What's the story?" I'd have some explaining to do when we got back onto the bus.

Tension grew as we walked. The only sounds between Pete and I were made by our shoes slapping the pavement.

"How've you been?" he asked, trying to break the awkwardness.
"Pretty good. School's out, so I'm just enjoying my summer. You?"
"The band's doing really well. Record went platinum. After this tour we'll be back in the studio."
"I knew you guys would make it big. With Patrick's pipes and your lyrics, it was inevitable." He smiled and continued walking.

It was weird, but a good kind of weird, that we could still talk like this.

"Thanks." He paused to kick a bottle out of our way. "...If you don't mind my asking, how'd you find yourself in the company of Tyson Ritter?"
"My best friend/roommate is dating Nick. As if he wasn't enough estrogen for her, she wanted another girl to tag along on tour. Long story short, I fell asleep in my apartment and woke up on a bus with the All-American Asshats." Pete let out a laugh as his phone started ringing. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a Sidekick. Upon reading the screen, be quickly pressed it to his ear.

"Lo? Yeah...Yeah, we're on our way right now...Mhmm...Okay...See you in a few...Bye..." He hung up and placed it back into his pocket.

"Sorry about that..."
"S'okay. I guess some things never change," I joked. Even back then he had a love affair with his cell.
"Hey," he playfully pushed me. "I picked up that habit from you."

We approached another bus and a figure started running toward us. Within seconds I could feel myself being lifted off the ground.

"Travi!"
"Em!"

We had met on the Tournado last year and ever since then we'd been the best of friends. I joked that he was my "brotha from another motha."

"It's been too long." I nodded since there wasn't any breath in my lungs. He set me down then greeted the guys.

I had a feeling that this tour was going to be an interesting one.

*

REVIEW, and i'll give you candy. LOTS of candy. =P

PS. Emerson's a teacup yorkie terrier. If you're wondering what he's supposed to look like, check out this link: http://pics.hoobly.com/full/PRS3S9AW1OL3E42ZPM.jpg
Sign up to rate and review this story