Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Go On, Go On

by St-St-Stuttered 2 reviews

There was always a reason Brendon always bothered Ryan while he was on the phone with his girlfriend. He just didn't know it at the time.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-07-30 - Updated: 2007-08-11 - 1200 words

3Funny
Go On, Go On
St-St-Stuttered

-
"Hey!"

There was a pause on the other line before the response echoed to me. "Hey."

"I'm sorry I haven't called, you know, we've been... playing late all week and I couldn't really--"

"RRRRRYYYYYYYAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN RRRRRRRROOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" Brendon called from the other room, bouncing in while tying his shoes. I swear, if that boy isn't on crack, it's not healthy for him to be so hyper.

"Bren," I hissed as I covered the mouthpiece. "I'm on the phone!"

"OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Brendon nodded as he stamped his foot into his left Converse, acting like he understood or something when I knew he never did... And probably never would, the way he refused every single girl I tried to get him to like. "Lilyyyy~" he smirked at me in a sing-song voice. I lowered my eyes and turned my back to him from my seat on the couch.

"Is that Brendon?" Lily's voice asked in my ear, sounding kind of agitated.

"Umm... yes... but... he just left," I lied. He had sat down at my portable keyboard placed next to the hotel bed and was now playing some crappy version of some random Beauty and the Beast song. "Hold on," I sighed, tossing my cellphone down and standing up. I crossed the room and grabbed Brendon by the collar of his shirt, shutting my keyboard off all fuss-ily.

"Brendon!" I yelled. "GO. AWAY."

"Whyyyy~" Brendon asked in that same annoying voice I had already heard too many times today. Meaning once.

"Because I'm on the phone!" I yelled, hitting his hand away from the 'on' switch he was reaching for again. "Can't you practice that later?"

"Nope," was his simple response.

I let out an angry groan, pulling on his shirt collar until I had stood him up. "Go! I'll be done in a minute!"

"You're not the boss of me~" he stuck his tongue out at me, pulling out of my deathgrip.

I rolled my eyes and sat back down on the couch, sending a final fire of eye daggers at him before I picked up the phone again. "Sorry, Lil, I..."

"Ryan, he does this every time you call!" Lily exclaimed, and I could imagine her crossing her arms and pouting at me even though she was a million miles away in Las Vegas.

"I know, but he left and so--"

"TESTOSTERONE BOYS AND HAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR--"

"BRENDON!" I hissed. He had turned the piano on again, and couldn't hear me shouting his name over his screaming.

"--RRRRLEQUIN GIRLS! WILL YOU DANCE TO THIS BEAT AND HOLD A LOVER CLOSE~!"

I'd had enough. I continued holding the phone to my ear and apologizing over and over again over Brendon's... noise. I brushed right passed him and sat down on the floor in the hotel bathroom, slamming the door shut, locking it, and sitting against it.

A sigh escaped my lips as I returned to the conversation I was trying to have with my 'girlfriend.' "Okay... so, is there anything you want to talk about?" I asked breathlessly.

"Ryan! I haven't seen you in weeks! I've been worried, and wondering what you've--"

The rest of the sentence was interrupted by a pounding from the other side of the door, hitting against my head. "Ahh--What the hell!?" I yelled at the door.

"RYRO~ I HAVE TO TAKE A PISS," Brendon yelled at me from the other side as Lily said "Know what, Ryan, why don't you just call me back--"

"STAY ON THE LINE!" I yelled at the phone, standing up and flinging the door open. I pushed passed Brendon, nearly flinging him through the wall, and resumed my seat on the couch. "I'm really sorry--" I said to Lily for the millionth time--well, /ever/.

"Ryan, I miss you!" she whined, and my heart dropped.

"I miss you too..." I whispered after a moment of silence, right when Brendon sat himself down on the other side of the couch. "I thought you had to take a piss?" I hissed at him quietly, but Lily had heard me.

"What are you talking about?" she demanded as Brendon looked over at me, giggling.

"I changed my mind," he smiled, picking up one of my old scrap notebooks I had been looking through earlier and thumbing through it. I rolled my eyes and grabbed it out of his hands, throwing it onto the floor.

"It's nothing, Lil, I wasn't talking to you," I said through my teeth, wanting to slap Brendon across the face and kick him out of the room.

"Of course not," she said under her breath. "Look, I have to go--"

"Do you have to?" I whined, glaring at Brendon who was imitating me. He was mouthing my words, pretending like his hand was a phone, complete with a pouting face that looked nothing like me.

"Yeah. I do. Talk to you later," Lily snapped at me, and I doubted she had anywhere to go this late at night.

"...Okay. See ya. I love you," I told her, and watched Brendon twitch.

"Yeah. Love you too," she sighed, and hung up before I could even say goodbye.

I closed my cellphone with a sigh and tossed it onto the table before I turned and faced Brendon, cross-legged on the couch. He was still imitating me, and so he did the same. "Brendon."

"Brendon."

"Why can't you ever leave me alone for like, two minutes?"

"Why can't you ever leave me alone for like, two minutes?"

I sighed and slapped my head, running my hand down my face. Brendon did the same, but he seemed to have slapped himself harder than I had, judging by his quick wince. I felt the corners of my mouth twitch into an almost-smile at his stupidity before my evil eyes locked with Brendon's again.

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard," I said like I was telling him his pet hamster had just died.

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard," he responded in the same serious way.

"PeterPiperpickedapeckofpickledpeppers," I spewed, nearly spitting on him but not really caring.

"PeterPiperpickedapeckofpickledpeppers," was the response. I took a second to wipe my face off, since he had purposely spit on me. So did he.

"Come on, Bren, stop," I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, Bren, stop."

GAHHHHH! my brain yelled, but I bit my tongue. "I hate you."

Brendon shut up... /finally/, and I grabbed his shoulders, my nose barely touching his. "Brendon. Answer me. Why do you always act like such an ass when I'm on the phone?"

And before I knew it, he had that mischevious smile on his face and he had closed the already small gap between our mouths. And it wasn't a nasty wet kiss like I would expect from him, but it was... different. It was quiet. And soft. And completely un-like Brendon. I ended up with my eyes closed and wondering why I wasn't weirded out by my best friend kissing me before his hands found my shoulders and he pushed me away from him.

"You figure it out," he told me, patting my shoulders and standing up before he left my hotel room.


July 28th, 2007
Sign up to rate and review this story