Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Times Square Can't Shine As Bright As You

Can you find direction now?

by lil_chica007 0 reviews

rehab

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-08-12 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 945 words - Complete

0Unrated
This chapter's kind of short and pretty much just, like, a summary of the 2 months that Haley's in rehab. Because I don't know what goes on in rehab, and frankly I hope I never do. This title is from Direction by Midtown, and the last chapter was Paramore, All We Know.



Haley pulled up to the front to the rehab hospital in the back of her parents car. Sitting there, with her mom and dad in the front chatting, made her feel like she was a little kid again and William should be sitting next to her, pulling her hair. The building looked more like an old boarding school than a hospital. She got out of the car and pulled her hood up over her head, following her parents into the building.
‽It doesnt look bad, does it honey?” Her mom said, looking around the lobby.
‽Ive only heard good things about it.” Her dad added.
‽I guess.” Haley sighed.

Two hours later, after all her belongings had been thoroughly searched, Haley and her parents were led to her room. The little apple-shaped nurse, whose hair was as round as her bottom, that was giving them a tour of the hospital turned to look at Haley. ‽Miss Beckett, your agents have been in contact with us, and given your situation weve decided to give you some special treatment.” She turned to Haleys parents. ‽Her treatment will be standard of course, but youll be given the option to take your meals in your room rather than the cafeteria, and you wont be required to participate in group sessions. Since your anonymity is somewhat compromised.”
‽Ok.” Haley nodded.
‽Weve also carefully selected your roommate. For both your comfort and security.”
‽Thats very considerate, isnt it sweetheart?” her dad asked, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.
‽Sure.” Haley said.
‽Here we are.” The nurse said, turning into a room. It looked more like a dorm room than a hospital. There was a skinny girl lying on one of the beds listening to an iPod and reading a textbook. ‽This is Monica. Shell be your roommate. She just checked in two days ago.” Monica pulled the ear bud out of one ear and waved at them.

After a very long goodbye, with her mom on the verge of tears, Haleys parents finally left. She fell back on her bed as the door shut and sighed loudly. ‽My parents were the same way when they dropped me off. Youd think they were sending me to do 20 to life.” Monica sat up, taking her iPod off.
‽When did you get here?” Haley looked over at her.
‽Two days ago. Painkillers.”
‽What?” Haley asked, confused.
‽What are you in for? Im here for painkillers.”
Oh. Um…Adderall, cocaine, alcohol and I tried to off myself.” She held up her hands, showing off her bandages.
‽Impressive. They told me youre a VIP.”
‽You could say that.”
‽Yeah, youre the supermodel. My dads one of the biggest land developers in Chicago. Normally a room this size would have 4 people in it. Were special.” Monica giggled. She jumped up off her bed. ‽Come on. Ill show you where to find the good snacks.”

2 months later

Haley had spent a full month in the rehab facility. She and Monica had become pretty good friends. Towards the end of her stay, a couple reporters found out where she was, and had started calling. Monica answered the phone when they called, pretending to be Haley. Somehow, she had managed to convince them that it was a spa and not a hospital. The two of them had ended up being released the same day. Haleys mom had come to visit her almost every day, and her dad came on his days off work. Mrs. Wentz had even come about once a week. ‽Just so you have a fresh face” as she had said. When the tour stopped in Chicago, Haley was still recovering, so the doctors wouldnt let her go to the show, but everyone came to visit and spent most of the afternoon with her. Her parents had left on their trip 3 days before Haley had checked out of the hospital, so Mrs. Wentz drove her home and cooked her dinner that first night. She stopped by every afternoon on her way home from work, and on Sundays she brought Haley to their house to have dinner with the family. Haley talked to all of the guys online on a regular basis and made sure to update her MySpace blog every day, the one day she forgot because she didnt have anything to say, Sisky and The Butcher got very panicked.

While Haley was in the hospital, she decided to take a hiatus from modeling. She had already earned enough money through the course of her career that she would never have to work again if she didnt want to. She had turned down several jobs in the past couple months, claiming that she was tired and needed a break. She had made the decision to reinvent herself. She was going to do what she wanted, when she wanted, because she wanted. She wouldnt let agents or managers or photographers tell her how to look or act. She was going to be herself for the first time since she left home. Her first act of rebellion was to dye her black hair back to the natural color. She now had shiny red hair that made her look about 5 years younger. No one had even recognized her when she posted a picture of it on her MySpace. She also bought a dog. And an extensive collection of dog sweaters.
Sign up to rate and review this story