Categories > Celebrities > Def Leppard > Caught in a Dream

Chapter 8

by robinzan 0 reviews

Joe Elliott has nightmares. Will they come true? A mystery from Joe's POV. XO w/ Jon Bon Jovi

Category: Def Leppard - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Horror, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-12-20 - Updated: 2005-12-20 - 941 words

0Unrated
I heard the radio turn on. I opened my eyes, looked at the clock, and hit the off button. I turned over and looked at Sav. He was sound asleep. I laughed to myself. I climbed out of bed quietly, and went to use the bathroom. When I came out, Sav was up.

"Mornin'," I said.

"Good morning," he replied, pulling me close to him.

"Not now Sav," I told him.

"Damn it," he replied.

"Come on. Let's get some breakfast and go looking for that castle," I said.

"Good idea," he replied, "Let me get dressed first."

"Duh!"

As Sav was getting dressed, I was gathering some stuff that we might need, like flashlights, stuff like that. I was dressed in black jeans, and a black turtle neck because it was a little chilly. I noticed my big cross on the dresser, and I decided to put it around my neck. It was a present from my Mum, and I have always worn it.

"Ready," Sav said, putting his arms around my waist.

"Why can't you find yourself a woman?" I asked him, jokingly.

"Because I want you," he replied.

I just looked at him. He sounded serious. "Let's go," I said and went for the door.

We stopped at a local restaurant for breakfast. After we finished eating, we climbed into the car to begin our "hunt". A couple of hours later, we were convinced that we were lost.

"Sav, if you'll only use the map," I said.

"Ok. I give up," he replied. I pulled out the map, and took a look at it.

"I can't read this," I said, turning the map every which way.

"Should be able to. It's in English," he said.

"Yeah, but it looks Greek to me," I replied, laughing, "Maybe we should stop off for directions."

"No way!" Sav said, "I don't do that."

"Your stubborn Rick," I told him.

"I know."

"Hey, this is it," I said, looking out the window.

It was an amazing sight. We pulled up to the castle, and climbed out of the car. This place was huge.

"Wow. You weren't kidding Joe," Sav told me.

I nodded. I was still to amazed. We made it to the front door and it took the both of us to pull it open, making a loud creek as we did so. We both walked slowly inside. I pulled out a flashlight from the backpack that I had, and turned it on. Sav had his on, and he was scanning the room.

I instantly felt the coldness, and shivered.

***

The main hall was dark. There were some ripped curtains on some of the windows. You could even hear water dripping from the ceiling.

"This is awesome. Wish I had a place like this," Sav noted.

"Thank god I don't," I replied.

We walked along until we got into the living room. Or what looked like a living room. Looking around, Sav noticed a picture on the wall. "Joe, you know who this is?"

I walked over to where he was standing, and looked at the picture. "No I don't," I replied.

"He sure does look like you," Sav said. He was right, but I didn't know who he was.

We walked around some more, before we heard a loud bang. We both spun around in the direction of the sound. We looked at each other, and then proceeded slowly toward the noise. I pushed open the door, and took a peak inside. I didn't see anything, so I went in. "Come on in Sav," I yelled out to him.

He walked in slowly behind me. "See anything?" he asked.

"Nope," I replied.

"Then what in the bloody hell did we hear?" he wanted to know.

"I have no clue," I replied. That's when I felt something brush past me.

"Sav, careful where your walking," I said, thinking, it was him.

"I'm not moving," he replied.

"What?" I asked, "That wasn't you?"

"Nope," he said. That's when one of the old chandlers crashed to the floor.

"Let's get out of here," I said. Sav nodded his consent, and we turned to leave.

We made it into to the main hall. "Joe, do you feel like we're being watched?" Sav asked me.

"Not really, why?" I replied.

"Because I have the feeling that we are," he said, his voice shaky.

I looked around us, and didn't see anything, until I noticed a set of eyes, from one of the hallways. "Sav look!" I pointed to what I saw, "What do you think?"

"It could be my Mummy," he replied. He paused for a minute and then burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

"I just realised what I said," he stated.

"Ughhhhh," I replied, "I'd like to get to the bottom of this." And with that, I proceeded to where the eyes were.

"Careful Joe," Sav told me. I continued on to where the eyes were. I got within five feet of it, before the eyes disappeared. "What the...?" I said to myself.

That's when I saw it run by me. It didn't look quite human, but it didn't look like an animal either. I screamed and booked it back to Sav.

"What happened?" he asked. I just grabbed his arm and ran for the door. "Where are we going?"

We made it outside, and I stopped to catch my breath. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I saw something in there," I finally told him.

"What?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I said, "Let's go to the library. Maybe we can find something there." And that's where we headed.
Sign up to rate and review this story