Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Flipped: A different Inuyasha story

Episode 13: The Celestial Legend

by animecrazedgirl 0 reviews

Here we go! In a ways, I guess you could call this Part 3 of our chapters with Miroku! Here Miroku attacks Kagome! What will happen?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Inuyasha,Kagome,Kirara,Miroku,Sango - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-08-17 - Updated: 2007-08-17 - 3138 words - Complete

0Unrated
Japanese Volcabulary:

hanyou: half demon

baka: idiot or stupid

Nii-san: older brother

taijiya: slayer

----------------------

Episode 13: The Celestial Legend

Miroku made his way through the forest, quickly, in the direction he had come from.

'That evil demon,' he thought in his mind,' How dare she return to the village? How dare she!'

Bits and pieces of memory flooded his mind. Kanna smiling up at him. Kanna hugging him as he returned. Kanna smiling happily when told she could keep the shard. Kanna showing him the forget-me-nots. Kanna's unseeing eyes staring down at the blue blossoms. Kanna asking for his promise. Kanna crying out his name. Kanna running towards him. Kanna being slashed across the back. Holding a limp Kanna in his arms with the smirking demon behind him....

Miroku shook the painful memories from his mind as more anger and determination flooded into him.

'I will kill her by my own hands,' he thought, angrily, as he sped up to a run,' I will avenge my sister.'

"You will die, Kagome," he hissed, eyes narrowed to slits, as he pushed his way through the trees, ready to take his revenge.

----------------------

Kagome, Inuyasha, Sango, and Kirara now sat in one of the huts that had been caused the least damage, finishing up their meal, which was, after Kagome's continuous pestering, sandwiches.

'She is clearly obssessed,' Inuyasha thought, watching as Kagome finished up her 4th sandwich and was reaching out for a 5th.

Inuyasha quickly pulled them out of her reach. "You can't have anymore, Kagome. I'm already low on them as it is!"

Kagome pulled back her hand and crossed her arms, leaning against the side of the hut, like a child who had been denied a sweet.

Inuyasha sighed and shook his head.

Korogi suddenly spoke up. "Mistress Kagome?"

"Yeah?" she asked, in a pouty tone.

"I've just remembered something about this village and why I wished to come here," she said.

"What is it?" asked Inuyasha.

"It's about the Celestial Jewel...," Korogi got out before, Kagome sat up suddenly.

"What about it?" she asked, quickly, forgetting that she was supposed to be sulking.

Korogi pulled herself up from where she had gone flying into the ground and hopped onto Inuyasha's shoulder where it was safer.

"I just remembered that I had wanted to come here because I had heard that the Celestial jewel had been created near here," she said, rubbing her head, as she glanced a Kagome warily.

Kagome hopped up. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go check it out!"

As everyone else got up, Kagome pushed aside the bamboo mat, going outside. Everyone followed her as she walked a few steps until she suddenly stopped.

They stood there for a while until she said," Uh, Korogi? Could you tell us where we're supposed to be going?"

"Um...well..." said Korogi," I assumed by the way you were walking that you knew where you were going."

Kagome turned and stared at Korogi. "I just found out that the Celestial Jewel was made near this village. How do you expect me to know?"

"Well..." Korogi chuckled nervously," because I don't know either."

Kagome stared at her and blinked. In a flash, Korogi was off Korogi's shoulder and between Kagome's fingers, with an angry look on Kagome's face.

"Then, why the hell did you mention it?!" she growled.

Korogi chuckled nervously before changing into pleading mode. "Please don't squish me, Mistress Kagome! I haven't fully healed yet from last time!"

Kagome started to add a little pressure. "Well you should have thought about that before-"

Kagome suddenly cut off as she ducked, barely missing being caught by a scythe swinging over her head.

Everybody turned to watch as the scythe flew back in the rattle of a chain, returning to its weilder.

A boy of about 18 or 19 stood in a violet and black demon slayer's outfit holding a scythe in each hand. His black hair was pulled into a small ponytail at the base of his neck, with a mask covering his mouth and nose and his violet eyes were narrowed, turned angrily towards Kagome.

"What the hell do you think you're trying to do?" Kagome said, standing up.

"You," he hissed," How dare come here. How dare you return here after what you did."

"What are you-?" Kagome was cut off as she suddenly leapt into the air one of his scythes before landing, glaring confused at the boy.

"Miroku..." Korogi said.

"What?" said Kagome, glancing at the cricket demon on her shoulder," You know this guy? Who the hell is he?"

"His name is Miroku," said Korogi," He is Shippo's master and a slayer of this village. You must not harm him."

"Well, that makes things a little harder," she said, turning to the slayer.

Miroku ran towards her throwing a scythe. "You will die! I will have my revenge!"

"Revenge?" Kagome questioned, as she dodged it again," Korogi, what's he talking about?"

"I don't know, Mistress Kagome," she replied," I'm just as confused as you are!"

Kagome grunted as she was foced to dodge one scythe and then a second one in the air which just barely missed her, slicing off a lock of her hair.

"Hey!" Kagome cried, landing," Watch it! I don't need a haircut!"

Miroku just tried to attack her again.

"What's the matter, demon?" he said, as Kagome dodged yet again," Why don't you cut me down like you did my people?"

"Look," said Kagome, sparks flying as she managed to deflect one of her scythes with his claws," I don't have a clue what you're talking about!"

"I'll kill you!" he cried, her comment falling on deaf ears as he ran towards her.

"Looks like he needs to be subdued," Sango said, reaching towards her glove.

Miroku spotted her movement out of the corner of his eye and narrowed them.

'She must be the female monk that Kodokumo told me about just as I was leaving,' he thought.

Miroku suddenly pulled out a silk ball that was somewhat larger from the first one he had been given and threw it to the ground.

"What the-?" said Sango, when she suddenly felt pain surge through her.

She cried out, collapsing to the ground.

"Sango!" Inuyasha cried out, rushing over to her.

Through her pain, she was just able to crack open her eyes to see what swarmed on the ground.

"Spiders?..." she managed out, as Inuyasha kneeled beside her.

"Sango?" said Inuyasha, brows furrowed," Are you okay?"

"Pain..." she said, clutching her right arm.

"But shouldn't that mean..." he said.

"The spiders..." she said, teeth clenched," I sense... small amounts... of Naraku's... jyaki... in each of them."

"So that means we need to get rid of the spiders!" he said, jumping up.

"I can handle it!" Kirara said, shooting flames from her hands, efficiently destroying a good amount of them.

"I didn't know you could do that," said Inuyasha, suprised," That's pretty neat!"

Kirara blushed, smiling, as she continued to burn up the spiders.

Kagome meanwhile had heard Sango's words.

"Naraku?" she said.

She turned to Miroku. "So you're with Naraku, are you?"

"I know of no Naraku," he said," I was helped by a Kodokumo but that does not matter! What matters is your death!"

Kagome blocked the scythe again, dodging the other. "Spider child? What the- Did you even see this Kodokumo?"

"Well..." Miroku halted," No."

"You've got to be kidding me," she said," You trusted someone you don't even know looks like?!"

"Silence, demon!" he cried," Die!"

Kagome leapt over the scythes as they came at her but Miroku pulled a small ball from his sash throwing it to the ground as she prepared to land in front of him.

"Wha-", she said, covering her nose and mouth as she landed in the dark cloud. 'Poison powder?'

Miroku smirked. "For a dog eared hanyou such as yourself it is simple to overcome your senses."

"Damn," said Kagome, narrowing her eyes. 'I can't last long in this.'

She tried to leap out of the powder but felt a ball and chain wrap around her foot pulling her to the ground.

"I won't let you get away that easi-" he was cut off, as Kagome sliced his mask on the way down, leaving him vulnerable to the powder's effects.

'No!' he thought, quickly covering his mouth,' My mask!'

He suddenly felt a hand grab the back of his uniform, pulling him and then pushing him out of the cloud. Miroku fell to the ground, bracing himself with his arms before turning his head. His eyes widened, brows furrowed as Kagome leapt out of the cloud, landing beside him.

"You just..." he started," Did you really try to save me or is this another trick?"

Kagome growled. "Baka! Haven't you realized by now that i'm not trying to trick you or hurt you in any way?"

"But..." he said," You destroyed my village and killed my people. Why would you spare me?"

"Spare you?" she said," I don't know what you're-"

Kagome was cut off by a sword going through her leg, causing her to growl angrily as she pulled it out

"Now you listen to me," she said, angrily," I don't know what the hell you've been blabbing about me destroying your village and what not but I didn't do it! I just got here! I've never even been near here before! The only person who has been is-"

Kagome suddenly froze in realization before growling angrily.

"Of course," she said," Naraku. He did this. It's the only possible way."

"I'm tired of your lies," Miroku growled," I don't know of any Naraku. I only know that I saw you slaughter my people!"

She glared at him, agitatedly. "Well, for your information, Naraku is a SHAPE-SHIFTING demon. Don't you think there's a slight chance he might have tricked you?!"

Miroku stared at her frozen, as he processed this new information. "But... I saw... and Kodokumo..."

Kagome sighed, frustrated. "AGAIN, with this Kodokumo. Did you ever think their name might not BE Kodokumo?"

"Well, she did mention..." he said.

"I bet you this Kodokumo is even Na-," Kagome froze," Wait a second. Did you say she?"

Suddenly, Inuyasha said," Hey! He has a jewel shard! It's in his back!"

"Jewel shard?" said Miroku," You mean the one Kodokumo gave me?"

Kagome glanced at him exasperatingly. "You took a jewel shard from a complete stranger?"

She shook her head and muttered under her breath. "Baka."

Miroku didn't hear her as he was immersed in memories.

"Nii-san! You're back!"

"Nii-san? Can I have it? Please?"

"Do you promise never to forget me if something should happen to me?"

"Nii-san!"

"Nii-san..."

"Am I dying?"

"Will you keep your promise, Nii-san?"

"Nii-san... Is it okay?"

He closed his eyes, as sadness consumed him.

"Forgive me....Kanna," he said softly, before he collapsed to the ground.

Inuyasha was kneeling beside him, the jewel shard held between his fingers. "I got it."

"You didn't kill him, did you?" said Kirara.

"Nah," said Kagome," He just collapsed from exhaustion."

She grabbed Miroku's arm and put it across her shoulder to carry him back. "Come on. Let's take him inside. He's drenched in his own blood."

Inuyasha eyes widened as he noticed the blood dripping from the taijiya's body.

"Do you think he'll be alright?" asked Sango, coming up behind Kirara.

Kagome nodded. "I don't smell death on him. Luckily, he didn't lose enough blood to kill him."

"Well,"said Sango,"he's going to at least need to be patched up. Come on. We should take him in now."

Kagome nodded as they returned to the hut.

------------------

Far away, in a shaded room mahogahny eyes narrowed at the mirror before them.

"It seems the taijiya has failed me," Kodokumo observed.

"Hm," they said, eyes narrowing," Prehaps I shall find other uses for him."

They smirked. "After all, unknown to him I hold something of value to him. Just you wait, I will find use of him."

-------------------

Sango sighed, the day sun shining above, staring at the fire where they were cooking a meal of fish that Kagome had caught in a river near the village. They had run out of sandwiches much to Kagome's dissapointment. Said hanyou was laying on her side nearby, eating her portion of the fish.

"Hey, Sango?" Kagome asked.

"Yes?" she replied.

"When do you think that taijiya, Miroku, is going to wake up?" she asked.

"Mm," said Sango," I'm not sure but i've been kind of wondering too. It's already been nine days."

Sango looked thoughtful. "But then again, we can't forget that around the fourth day that his wound got infected. He was very feverish for a while. Don't forget he also lost all that blood, too."

"I haven't," said Kagome," My kimono was practically soaked in it after I laid him in the hut. It took forever to wash it out."

"Hm," said Sango, seeming to not hear her.

Kagome glared at her, before finishing off her fish.

---------------------

Inuyasha was walking towards the hut, they had left Miroku in when he spied something purple near the graves. He turned his head to see Miroku in a purple robe, kneeling in front of them.

Miroku stared at the graves, with the blue flowers on them.

'Forget-me-nots,' he thought,' The same ones Kanna showed me...'

He saddened until he suddenly heard a yipping bark. He turned his head to the side to see something small, furry, and orange, with green eyes, looking up at him.

"Shippo," he grinned," I didn't know you returned."

Shippo gave another yipping bark and leapt up into his master's lap, rubbing his head against his hand. Miroku chuckled as he petted the little fox's head as he emitted a content growling purr.

"So you finally woke up."

Miroku turned his head to see Inuyasha staring at him.

"We all were starting to worry about you," he continued.

"How long was I asleep?" he asked.

"About nine days," Inuyasha replied.

Miroku nodded, turning back to the graves. Inuyasha walked up beside him, looking down at the graves, closing his eyes, wincing as he remembered the dead bodies and lifeless eyes.

'It's my fault,' he thought,' My fault Miroku lost his village.'

Inuyasha sighed as he opened his eyes again.

"Why?"

Inuyasha blinked, turning to look down at Miroku. "What?"

"You and your companions... you buried them," he said," Why?"

"Well..." said Inuyasha," It just seemed like the right thing to do."

Miroku was silent as he stared at the graves.

"It's hard, isn't it?" said Inuyasha, softly," To lose the people you care about."

"You sound as if you speak from experience," said Miroku.

"Yeah," said Inuyasha," I lost my Dad about ten years ago but I shouldn't be bothering you with that. I mean... you lost everyone."

"Yes," said Miroku," but truly, I guess you could say, that no matter how many you lose, that doesn't make it hurt any less, does it?"

Inuyasha stared, suprised. "Well, I guess."

Miroku glanced up at Inuyasha, spying the shards around his neck. "What are those?"

Inuyasha blinked, picking up the jar of shards. "These? They're the shards of the Celestial Jewel."

"Shards of the-" said Miroku when his eyes widened," I know that jewel."

"You do?" said Inuyasha.

"Yes," he said," It was created near here."

"That's what Korogi told us but she didn't know where," Inuyasha replied.

After a silence, Miroku stood up and said," Do you wish to know where it was created?"

"Well..." said Inuyasha," Yeah."

Miroku nodded, walking towards the hut. "I will take you and your companions there and tell you of how it was created."

Inuyasha stared, suprised. "You will?"

Miroku turned back around and nodded. "You buried my people when I did not. This is how I would like to thank you."

Then he added," Plus, despite the fact that I nearly tried to kill one of your companions, you have all been kind to me. For that, I am also grateful."

Inuyasha stared at the slayer and nodded. "Thank you."

"No," Miroku shook his head, before smiling at him," I thank you."

Inuyasha looked at Miroku before smiling back.

----------------------

"So where are we going exactly?" asked Kirara, from behind Miroku who was leading the way.

He continued to make his way through the underbrush as he said," To the birth place of the Celestial Jewel. There I will tell you the story of how it was created."

"How much longer until we get there?" asked Sango.

"It shouldn't be too much longer," he replied," In fact, we are almost there."

They continued to walk in silence, until Miroku finally came to a halt just before a clearing.

"We've arrived," he said.

The group stopped to study the clearing. It seemed just like a normal clearing with a tiny waterfall splashing softly into a small stream that flowed quietly across the opposite side of the clearing of them.

Kirara tried to step foreward but Miroku stopped her. "That's a not a good idea."

"Hmph," said Kagome, not hearing his warning, and before Miroku could stop her, she stepped into the clearing.

"I don't see what's so spe-" she started.

She was suddenly cut off as she felt waves of heartbreak and sorrow flow over her, strong enough to make her collapse to her knees. Every sad memory she ever had seem to merge togeather into a pool of sadness that settled inside of her, making her heart almost ache. She felt her bottom lip tremble as tears pooled in her eyes, a hopeless sob filling her throat.

She suddenly felt a hand grab the back of her kimono and pull her out of the clearing. Kagome sat there as the sadness ebbed away, leaving her feeling just as she had before she had entered the clearing. She put a hand to her cheek, suprised to feel that they were wet.

"What the-," she said, turning quickly to the slayer," What just happened?"

Miroku sighed. "You have just discovered why it's not a good idea to enter the clearing, just as I told Kirara."

Kagome looked to see that everybody was staring at her in wide-eyed suprise.

"What?" she growled, wiping her eyes as she stood up.

"I didn't know you could cry," said Kirara.

Kagome growled. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"So, what happened to Kagome?" asked Sango," Why did that happen when she entered the clearing?"

"I should probably explain the story first," said Miroku.

"Alright," Sango nodded.

Miroku took a deep breath before plunging into the tale of the Celestial Jewel and how it was created.
Sign up to rate and review this story