Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Alice

Alice

by meeniemoe 3 reviews

The last part of the Brendon/Alice three-quel...How much more of a twisted soap opera can you get now? :)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-08-17 - Updated: 2007-08-17 - 1610 words

0Unrated
A/N: So, it was my birthday the other day (yesterday...) and I decided, hey, since ficwad's back up now, I think I should give the readers a little party bag. (No-one's too old for party bags, right?!) So here's the last first chapter of the Alice/Brendon story you'll get from me. (Confused?...sorry. lol.) xoxo, nat


Chapter One:
I’m Watching You Work The Room

A very eloquently dressed woman slunk from the foyer to the main room. Everyone was chatting amongst themselves, most of them in groups of three or four. Her hair was up in a French Knot, and diamond spangled earrings hung from her earlobes. She smiled to herself—it was a very secret smile—as she picked up a wine glass presented to her by a passing waiter.

“Thank you.” She said cheerfully, in a very celebratory way.

Well, she certainly was celebrating. Alice walked around the room, admiring the many cast and crew members that seemed to show up (along with other celebrities she knew the names of). The white skirt that swished about her ankles nearly tripped her, but luckily, she managed to catch herself before she fell.

Behind her, she heard a voice—that of a female’s—speaking to her: “Miss Bolton?”

Alice turned around quickly to find out whose voice it was. She looked down—the woman was quite petite—and saw Christina Aguilera. Alice’s mouth opened and closed shut a few times before she managed to sputter, “Oh…wow…you’re Christina Aguilera.”

The petite woman smiled quaintly and shook Alice’s hand. “Yes, I’m Christina. I’m a major fan of your book, so I definitely cannot wait to see the screening for your movie!” She exclaimed excitedly. Alice was still shocked to see a celebrity…a celebrity who was a fan of her work!

“Oh…yeah…well, I think the screening should be happening pretty soon. I just got here late, see…traffic.” She pointed out a large set of French windows behind her, which displayed bumper-to-bumper traffic down below on the highway. Christina nodded understandingly, and said a few more things to Alice before she waved goodbye (her husband dragged her away, wanting to get more punch or something…).

“Bye!” Alice said to her new acquaintance before she turned away. There were so many people, she didn’t know how or when she was going to meet and greet them all. Almost after Christina approached her, she was nudged by Liz—who arrived just after Alice—and was forced to answer a few questions. (Thanks to the many reporters.)

She didn’t notice that all the while, a pair of dark chocolate eyes followed her—even when she flitted from reporter to reporter, and went from room to room. Said man was deep in thought about her, no doubt about that, until he felt a clap on his back.

“Brendon Urie! My man! My dude!” Brendon would know that voice anywhere. Awoken from his thoughts, Brendon turned around to see—yes—Pete Wentz. Brendon broke out into a very wide grin before he said warmly, “Hey man, it’s good to see you!”

Both men one-arm hugged one another and chatted for a small while. Pete told Brendon he was curious to see how this movie production would turn out, and Brendon replied with something like, “Yeah, well, what can I say? I was playing myself, after all.” To which Pete raised an eyebrow inquisitively, and Brendon tried to cover up with, “You didn’t hear that.”

After Pete shrugged and when Brendon spotted Alice lingering by the punch table, he realized just how great a person Alice was. She was really talkative that evening…and she usually was never that talkative. Passing celebrity after celebrity, talking to reporter after reporter…he just didn’t know how composed Alice could stay! She’s really something… Brendon thought as he watched her finish up a conversation with Zac Efron. Alice continued to work the room with elegance and amiability about her.

“Hello? Brendon?” Pete said in a sing-song voice, waving his hand in front of Brendon’s frowning face. Brendon broke out of thought with a, “Huh? What?”

Pete laughed, and turned around. Brendon watched Pete scan the room. Pete turned back around to ask Brendon, “So, is that her? Alice, I mean?” He pointed to the girl in a flowing Marilyn Monroe-esque dress (but longer, obviously) across the room. Brendon smiled, and puffed up his chest before saying, “Yup, that’s her. She’s a pretty cool girl.”

Pete scanned Brendon’s eyes. Something about them didn’t seem…

“You like her.” Pete deduced smartly. Brendon looked at Pete incredulously.

“Of course I like her. She’s my friend. One of my best friends.”

“No, Brendon. I know where this is going.”

“What do you mean?” Brendon asked, after he took a sip out of his champagne glass a waiter just handed him. Pete took a thoughtful sip out of his champagne glass as well before he managed to say, “Well, I mean…you really really like her. Possibly love her.”

This was when Brendon sighed to himself. “I…I know.”

“You know what, B?”

“That...I like her.”

“In that way?”

“Yes, in that way. And what is this? High school?” Brendon, after asking the question sarcastically, narrowed his eyes at Pete. Pete lifted his hands up, as if to retreat and say I surrender! said almost simultaneously, “Well, why don’t you introduce us? So I know when to schedule the wedding date?”

“Har har har.” Brendon said, also sarcastically. But he went up to the oh-so-now-fabulous-and-popular Alice and covered her eyes while he stood behind her.

Brendon changed his voice to resemble a very scary Michael Jackson interpretation of, “Guess who?”

Alice nearly jumped out of her skin as a ripple went down her back. She voiced (in a very frightened manner, Brendon noted), “Wh…Who?”

“C’mon, Ali.” Brendon now said, in his normal, laughing voice.

“Oh, Brendon.” She grinned and swatted away at the hands that covered her vision. Brendon laughed, and took a step back. Alice said abruptly (she couldn’t stop herself), “I never thought you were going to approach me!”

Brendon chuckled, and answered, “Well, how could I? You were so busy working the entire room…inside and out.”

Alice flushed a deep red, and mumbled something about Liz forcing her to talk to reporters and such. Brendon intervened her ramblings by saying, “Hey, Ali, I’d like you to meet someone. This is Pete Wentz,” as said Pete Wentz stepped out from behind him, “And he’s the guy who—“

“Signed you guys. The bassist from Fall Out Boy. A Gemini.” Alice said smoothly, grinned, and held out a hand to shake. Both Pete’s and Brendon’s jaw dropped to the ground.

“Whoa, seriously…no offense, that was kind of creepy. Even after all these years of having atrocious fangirls, I keep forgetting…well…Hi. I’m Pete…And I guess you know me…so…” Pete trailed off, still staring at Alice in a very scared kind of way. Alice laughed, and waved it off before she went on to say:

“Yeah, well, back in the day…like…what was it? Four years ago?…when I was a major fan of Panic!, I was not only fixated on them, I was fixated on everything and everyone connected to them. That’s about all I remember about you though…sorry.” Alice cracked a smile as she dropped Pete’s hand.

Pete pouted, and said, “Wait…so you don’t know who I’m dating, what our latest album’s rating was, nor what car I have?…I am so very disappointed in you!”

Alice giggled and blushed. Brendon cut in dryly, “Well I’m so glad you both are now very well acquainted…”

“You don’t even know Hemingway!” Pete wailed dramatically.

Brendon then threw Pete the ‘not now’ look. Pete clamped his mouth shut and mimed-zipped it shut with his fingers. This threw Alice into another fit of laughter. Before Brendon could actually say anything else though, a man with very flat hair and a black suit to match appeared (almost out of nowhere, Brendon thought).

This man—Derrick—cleared his throat, and shouted, “Okay! Quiet down…So I’d like to finally present, without further ado…the work of Ms. Alice Bolton over here…” He gestured over to where Alice was, beside Brendon and Pete. Alice blushed profusely, and clapped while everyone cheered. She thought she heard a, ‘Way to go! Woot woot!’ but she didn’t want to exaggerate. Or maybe she wasn’t exaggerating?

Before she knew it, she felt a hand at the small of her back. Brendon. Pushing her into the theatre, to watch her finished masterpiece. She really hoped everyone liked it. She wouldn’t know what to do if it weren’t a success…

Pete winked at her before they went in. Brendon growled. She had to fight her laughter, mostly because she knew Brendon would do something more than just punch if he caught her laughing. Sarah sat a row ahead of her, along with Spencer and Ryan. Jon couldn’t make it—apparently he had girlfriend troubles, and Spencer, Ryan, and Brendon ‘didn’t think it wise’ for Jon to be ‘out tonight’. Whatever that was supposed to mean, really…

And although Alice felt nervous about the showing, she was almost absolutely sure, with Brendon’s hand holding hers, that this was more than a friendship.

That this was only the beginning.

Well, almost.
Sign up to rate and review this story