Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

part 4

by x_Charlie_x 3 reviews

part 3. don't hit me if the rating is wrong.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-08-22 - Updated: 2007-08-22 - 1561 words - Complete

0Unrated
PART 4
Frank’s POV – ‘But I Am Cleaning Up So Well’
I don’t stick around to watch Emily usher Amy away to lesson. Dean and some of the other guys are looking at me a bit weird so I shrug and snap at them “Come on lets go to lesson.” They trail after me nudging each other and sniggering while I think over what Emily had said and contemplate finding Gerard at work and spending the rest of the day with him rather than with the ret*rds here.
I knew that some of the girls here regarded me with caution because of the way some of my past relationships had gone. I just hadn’t realised how many of the girls disliked me. I’d assumed it was just the friends of the girls I’d hurt but Emily hadn’t been friends with either of the girls that I was an ass to.
I wish people wouldn’t judge me on what U did. I know it was stupid and selfish and down right horrible but… I didn’t want Amy to think I was still that person. Who was Emily to judge me? She’d never even spoken to me! And who was she to boss Amy around either? They only spoke in Health and Social care and Amy regularly btched about her to Tom at her house after school. In fact she btched about her nearly every Tuesday after she’d just sat through a double lesson of Health with her.
“Hey Frank, looks like you won’t be getting any off them two then.” Jeers Dean, followed by a chorus of sniggers from the other idiots around him. I stop and lean on the side of the music block. I didn’t actually have music today but my RS class was nearby and we weren’t allowed down by them classrooms until the teacher got us.
“Maybe I don’t want to get any.” I say rolling my eyes at their single-mindedness.
“Yeah right. Coming from the boy who slept with his girlfriend’s sister.”
“Oh fck off!” I shout. I wasn’t proud of what I’d done but for some reason the boys thought I should be. The school whres AKA Jenna, Louise and Mandy walk over, waggling their hips and giggling in a way that was obviously meant to be attractive. It more brought to mind a pack of hyenas. They were so fake. I shake my head as I remember the time when I had found them attractive.
“Hey Frankie.” Giggle, giggle. The shortest one, Jenna, wraps her arm around my neck, it feels like a snake. “So you wanna like hook up tonight?” She asks, blowing a bubblegum bubble in my face.
“Not really.” I say without any hint of emotion in my voice.
“Oh come on hunny. You know you want me really.” She says a bit more suggestively and a bit more forcefully.
“Nah, that must be my twin brother.”
“You have a twin?” She asks in amazement. It would be cool if she was being sarcastic, I’m quite big on sarcastic humour, but she wasn’t being sarcastic at all.
“No Jenna, he was turning you down.” Mandy steps in. “You don’t know what you’re missing.” She says to me before sauntering off with the other too.
The guys are stood gawping at me. “What?” I ask exasperatedly.
“You just turned down Jenna!” Dan cries. “Man if she’d said that to me I’d have had her there and then.”
“Yeah right, sure you would. Right after you asked for a map.” I reply. James, one of the nicer of them lot, laughs quietly but not as much as he would have done if I’d made some crude comment about sex. Dan goes to hit me, not in a friendly way either, but I move out of the way and he obviously can’t be bothered to follow me.
“We’re not all man wh*res like you Iero.” He snarls at me.
“Oh whatever! Jeeze I’ve had enough of this. I’m off. I had a Dr’s appointment James alright?” I say before walking off and out of the gates without waiting for him to answer me. If the teachers saw me they couldn’t be bothered to follow me and with the amount I’m ill the teachers would probably believe that I was at the doctors. I would have to think of some more excuses though soon.
I automatically head to the small building on the outskirts of the town centre that houses the offices where Gerard works. I get to the desk and ask for Gerard but before the receptionist can ring through to his office upstairs Gerard himself appears at the bottom of the stairs.
“Frank! What are you doing here?” he asks with a raised eyebrow.
“Looking for you.” I reply evasively. “Thanks.” I say to the tired looking receptionist before heading to a café for Gerard’s lunch break.
I get changed into normal clothes that I just happened to have in my school bag. I guess I had known before I even got to school that this was going to be a bad day. After getting changed in the toilets that were probably cleaner than the rest of the café put together I walk back over to where Gerard is sat eating a sandwich. He’d got me a coffee too. Excellent.
“So.” Gerard says as I sit down opposite him at the small table. “What happened?”
“Eh?” I ask, playing dumb and blowing lightly on the coffee to try and make it reach a drinkable temperature.
“You walked out, again… I’m guessing it wasn’t just to see me?”
“You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself. Maybe I just enjoy your company.” At his raised eye browed disbelief I carry on. “I just…” I stop again, trying to stop myself getting too worked up. “Everyone keeps going on and on about what I did, who I used to be. It’s just so annoying. Amy’s ‘friend’ was warning her away from me. The guys keep going on and on about it. Dan called me a man wh*re!” Despite my efforts at keeping calm my voice had been getting higher and higher and louder and louder. It was lucky the café was nearly empty.
“You mean you’re not?” Gerard says with a shocked look on his face that turns into a smirk.
“I’m being serious. I’m fed up of people judging me on that. Ok so I was a dck who cheated on someone with their sister but I was younger and fcked up. I’ve grown up now, I’m different.” I put my head in my hands briefly then grab my coffee and gulp some down, wincing slightly as it burns my throat and mouth.
“Careful it’s hot.” Gerard smiles.
“Thanks for the warning.” I reply sarcastically.
“I still don’t see why this is getting to you so bad. You’ve put up with them guys for years so why get annoyed now?”
“I don’t know. I just, I’ve changed, I really have but other people won’t accept that. Why can’t they just let me get on with being who I want to be?” I sigh. I go to take another sip of coffee but change my mind as it’s still absolutely steaming. “And that Emily bird warning Amy away from me!” I add with exasperation. “I mean what right does she have to do that?! She didn’t even know me then let alone now.”
“Ohh… So that’s what this is about.”
“What?” I ask him.
“Amy.”
“Oh sod off Gerard. It’s just annoying. She spends half her life crying because some w*nker has just broken her heart. I don’t want her to think I’m one of those guys.”
“Ok ok.” Gerard says, raising his hands as if surrendering. “Still you don’t walk home many girls who have just been dumped. In the rain too!” he says with a small mischievous smile.
“My God! Why bring that up now? It was months ago.”
“To annoy you.” He states simply. “Drink up I have to go back to work.”
“Oh right.” I say, probably looking sorry for myself. I didn’t really feel like going home and spending the next few hours alone with my guitar, but Gerard invited me back to work with him yet like he normally does.
“Pick your chin up you’re coming with me. I need you to help me with a design anyway. Outside opinions are always useful.”
“Oh Ok.” I say, cheering up. Slightly bothered that now I probably wouldn’t get to go to Amy’s early to speak to her but not majorly worried.
I didn’t even understand why I was so protective over her. I guess it was just because I’d know her so long and also had experience of what ars*holes guys could be. It’s not nice having to sit back and watch someone you used to be close to have their hearts broken again and again and again.
Sign up to rate and review this story