Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > No One Loves A Shadow

Chapter 9

by Deli_Senpai 0 reviews

Cyrus destroys the brutes, but at a cost. His Evil Form comes out and Mira comes out to play. It's a battle of the demons. Who will win? and Why do they even care?

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Miles ,Shadow - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-08-23 - Updated: 2007-08-23 - 2190 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9
Cyrus uses the chaos emerald and starts kicking the Brutes around. None of the brutes can stand up to his super sonic speed and they can't get at all close to the rings or the emerald in Cy's hand. Then finally the Brutes give up.

"We can't beat him. You! Use the bazooka and kill them both. We'll find the rings later!" The Brutes that are able to move run out and one of them gets the bazooka. Suddenly Cyrus starts shaking uncontrollably.

A dark aura surrounds him and Cy starts to scream. I wake up and moan from the sound of his screams and I look at Cyrus.

"What the? Ohh Shit!! It’s the side effect of the orb! What to do?" Then I see the Brute outside aiming for the house. "Shit! First I'll have to get you out of here or you'll be consumed!"

I get up and run towards Cyrus. I crash into him and wrap my arms around his body. I say to him under his screams of pain.

"Go ahead, try to fight me off! You're just making it harder for yourself. It's a good thing that I'm immune to the effects of the orb or else no one would be able to help you. Chaos Control!" The Brutes being too close to the house die from the after shock of the explosion.

We teleport above the house and I have to question how they even found this island. No one knows about it, except the villagers who used to live here but they died.

So who could have told the Brutes about this island? Could it have been him? I can't worry about that now but when the time comes I'll question it. But for now I have to focus on Cyrus.

The screaming has stopped and I can tell that the transformation is complete. Cyrus has now turned into his evil form. I curse and tie Cyrus up so he doesn't get away.

"I have to stop this, now! Even if it does take my energy away from me!"

I focus my energy towards Cyrus and get into a trance as I levitate through the air. I don’t want to kill him but it's the only way to bring Cyrus back, through a death experience.

Once the soul experiences death the more it yearns to live. If I succeed I'll get Cyrus back. Cyrus lets out one more cry and the evil Cyrus speaks.

"Hahaha. Do you really think that's smart? If you use all of your power to kill me; you know you will kill this hedgehog too."

He looks at me as I snap out of the trance. I know what he's doing, he’s trying to stop me from getting Cyrus back and he has succeeded.

Dark Cyrus laughs again and smacks me across the face with his tied hands. I skid across the sky floor. I lay there for a while, a little stunned but I get up and lean on one of m arms.

I use the other to wipe the blood off my cheek and to my misfortune I look at it. My eyes go bloody red and then everything else changes. Mira gives off an evil snicker and the she laughs evilly.

"Kukukukukuku...Finally I'm released. No more putting on that innocent, I'm not like that anymore, act; she gave you!" Dark Cyrus starts to laugh as well.

"hahaAHhahahahahaha!! So the truth comes out." He breaks the ropes on his arms and legs. Dark Cyrus speaks again. "I'm quite surprised that your host is so strong." He snickers looking down at Mira. She gets up and replies.

"Yes, she is quite strong but I think I'll have to thank you for releasing me. Seeing you, or should I say Cyrus, go evil simply overcame her and lowered her defenses. This allowed you to draw blood and I could come out." Mira breaths in and then she lets it out. "I love the smell of fresh air again!"

'No interference now; Miya you know what will happen if you do.' Mira says to me in our head and then Dark Cyrus speaks.

"Let's see who is more evil then."

Dark Cyrus gets ready to fight. Mira laughs again.

"Kukukukukukukukukukuku!!" Then her face gets serious and she looks at him evilly. "You're in for a beating!!"
Mira gets in a fighting pose and Dark Cyrus starts to talk again.

"We'll see about that!" He puts his hand up and stops right at shoulder length with a flexed palm.

"Let me show you how much anger this hedgehog has; Chaos Bloodlust!!" A light comes towards Mira and she laughs. Mira slaps it away with her hand and it disappears behind her.

“Ha! That's child's play. I'll show you real anger!" Mira powers up and her eyes become completely red. The dark aura surrounding her grows bigger and bigger. She speaks to Dark Cyrus again. "That foolish hedgehog was stupid to try and save this girl. You know, she is wanted all over the world; sexually wanted actually; and she is also wanted dead! Why? Heh, well we did something's that pissed some people off. It's the reason why she tries to seclude me!" The aura blows Dark Cyrus back and he can't help but laugh.

"hahahaAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Did you really think I was done?" He screams. Dark Cyrus points behind Mira and speaks again.

"You see, this hedgehog was neglected his whole life by his friends, family, and even himself. Chaos Bloodlust is able to take away anyone's energy. Its opponent is helpless against it. Now, portal, take her energy!!" this time Mira laughs.

"Hahahahahahaha!! Darkness Blade!" Mira's black blade cuts through the portal and it's gone for good. "How pathetic!"

Mira puts her hand towards Dark Cyrus , using her magic she shows an image of me appears as she opens her palm.

"You see this girl. She's part hedgehog part fox. Nowadays it's considered a taboo to mix like this. Your little friend was not the only one who was neglected. She was neglected by everyone in the world; no matter who she meet they would hate her, after a while. And you know what? The ones, who hurt her the most, are dead!" Mira smirks and then Dark Cyrus speaks.

"She is a hedgefox, interesting, very rare." As ponders this something happens. Dark Cyrus holds his head and asks.

"What the hell?" then Cyrus's voice comes out of Dark Cy's mouth.

'Get out of my body!' A shinning light comes and it causes Mira to hide here yes from it. Mira finally realizes what is going on.

"Ah, Kukukuku, it seems someone wants to come back. Looks like you have no control over the body anymore." She snickers at Dark Cyrus. Dark Cyrus talks to Cyrus again.

"No! Damn you Cyrus!"

'This body is not yours!' Their body turns and they rise up higher into the air.

Mira is forced to cover her eyes fully from the light. As she does this, I see my chance to come back. She screams.

"Aaaahhhh! What the hell?" I talk to her in our head.

'Cyrus is coming back now!'

"And that means?" She asks me.

'You have to leave, please, if, if Cyrus sees you like this, I, I don't think he'll, please Mira, just switch with me. Please!' I beg her and for once Mira succumbs to my pleas. As we change, Cyrus is in the air above us and says.

"It's done."
---------
I look up and then I notice. Mira used almost all of her powers. This is bad for me because without her conscience half of my energy is taken away so she can come back.

As I float towards Cyrus my eyelids become heavy and then I find myself falling faint. As I lose my consciousness, I let out.

"Damn it. I should have never." Then I fall asleep. That's when I lose my consciousness of being in the air and I fall. As I start to fall Cyrus turns normal.

"Whew that was close." Cyrus lets out. Then he loses his balance and falls with an 'oof!'. As I came dangerously closer to the ground, Cyrus was also falling as well.

As my body gets ready for an impact--it never comes. Instead of a blowing impact, a familiar voice comes. I recognize it's Shadow. I guess he didn't leave me after all.

"That was close. I can't let you die, if that happened..." He cut himself off. "Damn another falling."

Shadow catches Cyrus and puts Cyrus on his back. Knowing that Shadow came to save us, especially after the 'incident', let me fully relax.


"Lets get you two somewhere to sleep, like my place, cause it looks like your's trashed." Cyrus replies to Shadow before he dozes off.

"What took ya Shadow?"

"Cyrus? That you? Man, you look like me when I was falling off the ark."

"Ha ha, very funny." Cyrus says weakly.

Then Cyrus passes out. Shadow holds me in his arms and connects Cyrus's hands to mine and then Shadow runs into a Chaos Control.

Finally at his house, I wake up. It's just like I remember it. Dark, mysterious, lonely. It's always felt this way, even when others where over.

It was just the atmosphere he kept himself surrounded in, never letting at least a little light into his life. But there it was, the couch Cy was sleeping on, the one I'm on, the kitchen, the stairs, the 4 bedrooms.

He kept everything like it used to be nothing different, just that the arm chair was moved by the stairs, I guess for more room. I look around and see shadow coming from the kitchen.

He walks over and with a finger he pushes back my bangs behind me and we lock eyes. I watch as he gazes at my eyes and I flinch when he lifts his hand again. He gives a weak laugh and smiles. Then he kneels down to my level.

"What the....never mind...what's up?"

"You, for a while, but, try to stay still. I'll watch over you two."

I watch as his hand goes over my eyes and I close them. Thinking he won't try anything funny. Shadow gets up and walks over to Cyrus. Cyrus is awake, barely.

"So I guess you didn't need my help this time huh Cy?" Shadow teases him.

"Keep, it, up Shadow." He answers back with a smile, his eyes closed. Then he opens them and they both laugh. I put my arms behind my head and open one eye.

"Hey. You keep fighting I'm a have to come over there and you two wouldn’t want that!" I close my eye and they both reply.

"Yes ma'am!" They laugh quieter.

After a while Cyrus finally falls asleep and I can’t but help ask Shadow this now since he's here.

"Hey Shadow? Can I ask you something?"

"Sure what is it?" He says sitting on the table. He folds his legs and then rests his head on his hands. I take a deep breath and then let it out.

"On ark, you know how there were two escape pods?"

"Yea, what about it?" I turn and look up at him surprised but then I go back to my position and continue.

"Well...why didn't Maria take the second one...was it...was it because of me?"

It's silent. This time I don't bother to look at him. I know it's painful for him, but it's painful for me too.

To know that Maria died for my life, it tears me apart inside. She could have lived if it wasn't for me. He'd be happier that way. As the silence continues Cyrus falls onto the floor still asleep.

"...bagels..." He mumbles. Shadow gets up and walks over to put Cyrus back on the couch. Then he turns to me.

"Hey Miya. You still awake?"

"Yea, what's up?"

"I think Maria wanted you and me to live...that's why she put you in the second pod and not herself."

"Oh! She didn't have to do that! I would have been better off dead then where I ended up after the explosion! Fucking bastards! Experimenting on me! Trying to find out things they should have left alone."

Shadow walked over to me and I turn to look at him. He looks back and I flinch as his hand goes up. It reaches over to my left and Shadow strokes my hair. He kneels down and my head follows. We're face to face and he says.

"Your life is worth living." Surprised by what Shadow says, I blush. I grab his hand and put it to his side. I look at Shadow sadly and I reach my hand towards his face, caressing his cheek. He leans into my hand.

"I'm sorry." Slowly I take my hand away from his face as I watch his questionable eyes looking for an answer. I turn my back towards him and hope he goes away.
Sign up to rate and review this story