Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Taste of Insanity

Chapter 9

by kristinia 0 reviews

First mission is a group mission, to Konoha. Leaving for Konoha.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Horror,Romance - Characters: Ino,Itachi,Sakura,Tenten - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-23 - Updated: 2007-08-23 - 1150 words

0Unrated
Kisame knocked on Itachi's door and when he heard a soft yet cold," Come in." He walked in and noticed that Kryn was up this time, looking out their window and Itachi was looking at him with his Sharingan eyes. "First mission with our.. partners." Kisame said gaining Kryn's attention.

"Where? Who?" Itachi asked, straight to the point like always, Kisame mused before he answered," Group mission and.. to Konoha." Kryn's eyes widened slightly as Itachi took it in calmly before he said," Ah. When?" "When Leader-sama, gets ahold of us again." Kisame answered before leaving knowing he wasn't needed.

Kryn closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around her drawn up legs and put her head in her arms. Itachi turned to look at her but didn't say anything as she muttered," Konoha... cut off all ties... to Konoha... to my home... to... I can't say my.. birth place... since it was... there.."

Itachi walked over to her and sat down beside her. "..." Itachi didn't say anything and it was enough for Kryn, who leaned her head against his shoulder, her eyes closed. "You'll be with me, right, Itachi-kun?" Kryn asked softly as if afraid to be met with disappointment and Itachi answered," I will."

Kryn smiled and whispered," That will make it easier to.." She cut off and Itachi thought," To break all ties with Konoha. I know you have it in you to do it.. but can you really?"

-----

Sasori whispered something to Deidara who paused and hesitated as he faced Sakura and Ino, their faces eager yet cautious. At his pause, they were filled with dread, they knew they weren't going to like, what they were about to be told. Deidara didn't know how to tell them at all, he was stumped on what to do.

"Leader-sama, has given us a group mission." Deidara began and Ino exclaimed," We'll be with Tenten and Kryn!!" Sakura was looking grave though as she said softly," Be quiet and let him finish, Ino." Ino settled down confused at her friends reaction. "What's going on? Is something wrong?" Ino asked worried.

"The mission... we are to go to Konoha and you new four will be cutting all ties you have with Konoha. Family, friends, teammates, lover.. all of it." Sasori answered seeing that Deidara was having troubles. Ino and Sakura paled drastically, they had been told before that they were going to cut all ties with Konoha but they didn't know it would be so soon.

Tears filled Ino's eyes and she wanted to scream and rave and blame Deidara for all of this, even though she knew it wasn't his fault. Sakura sat there calmly before she asked softly and unemotionally," When do we leave for Konoha?" "When Leader-sama calls to us again." Sasori answered simple and short.

Sakura nodded her head and turned to Ino, pulling her to her shoulder and Ino sobbed on Sakura's shoulder. Deidara looked away guilty, he knew Ino would be leaving behind everything, basically would be giving up her life, and she didn't even know why any of this was happening, none of them did, not even Uchiha Mamori Kryn.

-----

Tenten, when she found out about the mission, promptly started attacking Kakuzu, since Hidan was in the shower and she could hear his laughter. Tenten sat down, burnt out and tears filled her eyes before she put her head in her hands, sobs shaking her body. The day had finally came, the day she was forced to cut all ties away from Konoha.

-----

They were in the what could be call a livingroom and Tenten automatically went to Sakura and Ino. Ino bust into tears as Tenten's arms went around her and Sakura's arms went around both of them. Suddenly the three were looking at Kryn who was staring at the ceiling calmly, as if she was ready to cut all ties with Konoha.

A burning anger flashed through Ino as she pulled away from her two friends and walked over to Kyrn who looked down to meet her eyes. "Why are you unfazed?!! We have to betray Konoha! Our home! Our family!! Why are you standing there unfazed as if that fact didn't even bother you?!" Ino asked, angry and hurt.

Kryn closed her eyes and answered softly," I have no other choice but to accept what I am being forced to do... just like you three. You can scream, fight all you like but it won't change anything in the end." Ino's eyes flashed angrily and dangerously and suddenly Kryn put a hand up to her stinging cheek.

Ino had her hand in the air tears falling down her cheeks as she asked," Are you that heartless? Do you not care about betraying your home, where you grew up? Do you not care about betraying Konoha? Are you that happy to finally join the one you have always loved, even if you have to betray Konoha?!"

Kryn placed her hand on her stinging and she knew it would be red, cheek before glancing at Ino's tear stained face before she answered softly," I'm not heartless... i've just accepted the facts the way they grew up. Konoha hated me, so why should I care if I betray it? My family.. is gone but two people, I am with the one I love, yes, even if I have to betray Konoha."

Ino, Sakura and Tenten's eyes widened and before Ino could slap or hurt Kryn in any other way, Deidara's arms were around her waist and he pulled her to his chest. He whispered into her ear, worriedly," Don't Ino! If you hurt Kryn in any way, anymore, then Itachi will kill you! You would not even live to beg for forgiveness! You need to stop!!"

"She's... she's betraying Konoha! She's throwing everything away so freely!" Ino yelled, trying to get free so that she could harm Kryn in any way possible. Itachi was suddenly in front of Kryn his hand on her shoulder and the other brushing against the red mark on her cheek, gently almost like a caress.

"... Does it hurt?" Itachi asked softly and Kryn smiled slightly as she answered," I've had worse, Itachi-kun, so no... this doesn't hurt at all." Itachi didn't seem to move at all even though Kryn flinched slightly and Itachi turned towards Ino with his typical expressionless look.

"Don't touch Kryn again or you'll lose your limb, Ino-san." Itachi said softly and politely, which only made the other Akatsuki member's pale, except Sasori. Ino seemed to get the underlining message because she paled and Deidara seemed to brighten as he said," Let's go! Mission time!!" Itachi, Kryn and Kisame went out first, and everyone else followed.

Deidara said towards the other girls," Be extremely careful of what you do and say around Itachi-danna, especially if it has anything to deal with Kryn."
Sign up to rate and review this story