Categories > Original > Romance

Will this year be any different?

by Aura 0 reviews

Lucy is 17 and in high school, she meets a new guy named Jon. Will he be like all the other guys or is he different. Not ever good at summaries just read please.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-08-24 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 601 words

0Unrated
Dear Myspace friends,

My name is Lucy and this is my story. Am 17 and I live at home with my family, well my mother as my father is not around, which explains why am such an emotional mess. I go to high school where I have a few close friends, two to be exact, they are the only people who understand me or at least they are the only ones who try. Pretty much am a loner and I don’t mind. Am too shy to talk to guys as they only ever seem to want to know my friends who admittedly are hot unlike me, am plain the type of person that gets lost in a crowd not stand out. I dream of one day being successful in my chosen career, I really need to figure out what that is…

It was the start of another school year, and everything is going to be just the same as every year that has passed, right?! I mean it’s not like anything great will happen.


“Lucy, Lucy are you ready yet, you don’t want to be late and I have to get going to work.” I paused as I heard my mum calling me.

“Yes mum I just have to turn off the computer, am blogging on Myspace.” I called back.

“What is so interesting about Myspace? Just hurry up.” I quickly re-read what I have written and then added the finishing touch.

Well I have been called by my mum I must get going. I’ll keep you up to date with how things are going, you never know this year I may figure something’s out, make more friends, maybe even fall in love. I doubt it.

Buh-Bye
Lucy


I turned off the computer and grabbed my jacket and bag, I ran down the hall not that it was long as we only lived in a two bedroom apartment. At least my dad did one thing right when he left my mum and me at least he left us a place to live. I stopped quickly as I nearly bumped right into my mum, I looked at her “You look awesome.” and she did she was wearing the new brown suit that I made her buy the other day and her long brown hair was neatly put up. She smiled and patted me on the head.

“Your sweet. Now lets go.” she said the last part sternly. I went out and got in the car first, I turned the radio on and ‘Straight Lines’ by Silverchair was playing I turned it up I love this song. I looked out the window as we drove down the street on the way to my school, I noticed kids headed that way, there were some young ones that I assume this is their first day at high school. There was one guy who caught my eye he was in jeans and a Iron Median T-Shirt with spiky brown hair, it was as if everything went in slow motion as we passed him. My heart skipped a beat, I gave myself a mental slap I had a crush on a guy and the school bell hadn’t even rung yet. I was right it was going to be like any other year, I like a guy who ends up either being a jerk, gay or likes my friend or as a girlfriend. Even as I was thinking this I couldn’t help looking in the rear-view mirror to see if I could still see him down the street but I couldn’t
Sign up to rate and review this story