Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Boys Like You are Overrated

Let's Get This Party Started

by diehard 3 reviews

Alcohol, Jenna and Patrick do not mix.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-24 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 1164 words - Complete

0Unrated


//boys like you are overrated [patrick stump]\\let's get this party started



I drove home and let myself into the apartment that I shared with my best friend, Jessica. "Jess?" I called questioningly.

"Hey." She answered coming out from the kitchen.

"Hey. Uh, how do you feel about going out tonight?"

"Fine by me. Why are you asking? You usually just drag me out the door."

I smiled. "Well, I met some people at work today and they invited me. I asked if I could bring you." Jess knew perfectly well that the only way I could meet someone for the first time at work is if they were famous. She also knew how I felt about that particular subject. She cocked an eyebrow."What gives?"

"You know me too well. The thing is, fall out boy came in today and they actually weren't too bad. I kinda sorta made friends with them."Jess just contemplated me for a few seconds before heading into her bedroom."I'll go get ready." She called over her shoulder. I just shook my head. Jess knew when to interrogate me and when to leave well enough alone. That's why Ilove her.

I decided I should call Patrick and ask him where we were going so I got out my phone and scrolled to the P's. He answered on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Patrick. It's Jenna. Where are we meeting tonight?" He gave me the name of a bar not too far from where I live. "Is 7:30 good?"

"Sure." I replied. "I got to go get ready so see you then."

"Can't wait." He said. I blushed in spite of myself... Woah. Where did that come from? Not good.

After hanging up with Patrick, I went to my room to get dressed. I threw on a fitted brown shirt along with a blue pullover that brought out my eyes. I coupled this with tight jeans and my brown and blue converse. I joined Jess in the bathroom to put on makeup. She always had to do my eyeliner for me because for reasons unknown, I cannot put on eyeliner to save my life. She quickly applied mine and her own and walked out to grab her bag. I checked myself in the mirror one last time and followed her.

The drive to the bar was quiet until Jess spoke up. "So, who are you trying to impress?" The surprise must have shown on my face because asecond later she added, "come on. I've known you since 8th grade. Iknow when you're trying to look good for someone." Well I'm glad youdo because I didn't know I was trying to impress someone... I thought back to how I blushed when Patrick said he "couldn't wait" to see me. Oh. Wait... what? I just met that kid. I sighed and decided to answer Jess with ashrug. She shook her head and smiled. "Well, I'll know by the end of the night." Curse your stupid 6th sense.





We entered the bar and I stopped short. It was crawling with people. We were never going to find them. Just as I was getting up the courage to plunge into the shifting crowd, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I thought it was Jess so I grabbed their hand and shouted "1, 2, 3!" I lunged forward but the person hanging onto my hand held me back. I turned around and found myself looking at none other than Patrick Stump. "Oh hi. I was just going to look for you. I guess I don't have to now 'cause you're here." I said lamely. Miracle#1-I found them! He smiled and dropped my hand. I blushed as I realized that I had basically been holding his hand for the past minute or so.

"Come on." He said. "We're in the back lounge so no one can see us." I spotted Jess standing on her tiptoes looking around so I grabbed her and followed Patrick.

It was a little quieter and a lot cooler in the room that he led us to. I saw Pete, Joe and Andy sitting around along with two other people that looked vaguely familiar. Irealized I had seen them in pictures with the band. I introduced Jess to the rest of the band and Patrick introduced us to the other guys. Charlie and Dirty. Gee. I thought they would have a whole entourage. As if reading my mind, Joe said, "Everyone else wanted to sleep at the hotel so it's just us 6." Oh.



A few drinks later, the guys managed to convince themselves that we wouldn't get mobbed if we ventured out onto the dance floor. I had avague feeling that they were wrong but that was muffled by the amount of alcohol I had consumed. It wasn't a lot, really, but it was enough to blur some of the world's edges and make me not really care what happened to me. We went out the small door that had separated us from the rest of the bar and joined the pounding, gyrating crowd.

It turned out that the boys were actually right. The dance floor was so dark and the people were so immersed in dancing that they didn't recognize that fall out boy was dancing right alongside them. Miracle #2.

I felt like I was about to pass out from the heat. I had discarded my pullover in the lounge before we came to dance so there was nothing else I could take off unless I wanted people to start thrusting dollar bills at me. Which, you know, would be nice but not at that expense.

I shouted that I was taking a break to no one in particular and went to the bar, where I proceeded to take my small buzz to the next level. I decided somewhere in the recesses of my drunken mind that it would be nice to go back to the lounge to rest a bit before heading back out to the dance floor.

When I arrived in the back room, I saw Patrick sitting there. I groaned to myself and inwardly decided that fate or whatever kept making me and Patrick show up in the same places at the same times was seriously fucked up. While I was at it, I also cursed whatever was making my heart skip a beat at the sight of him. At the time, I blamed beer.

"Hey." I muttered, going over to him. He lifted up a hand and gave a cute wave. I plopped down beside him and tried to make the best of this situation. "So... It's pretty crazy out there." I said half-heartedly. It came out slightly slurred. Oh boy. I am lame, lame, lame. I tried to focus on his face but it was slightly fuzzy and Igiggled in spite of myself. Damn you Jenna. /He smiled at my laugh and all of a sudden, I felt very soft, very gentle lips on mine. /Miracle #3.



Sign up to rate and review this story