Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Taste of Insanity

Chapter 12

by kristinia 0 reviews

Kizuma's funeral and the girl's emotions. A visitor comes along with a surprise.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Ino,Kakashi,Sakura,Sasuke,Shikamaru,Tenten - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-25 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 1358 words

0Unrated
Tsunade watched with saddened eyes as Jiraiya carefully lifted the limp, deadly white body of Kizuma's up into his arms. "Well... let's get ready for the funeral in a couple of days. Go on, Jiraiya, you know where to take her." Tsunade said, her voice commanding but her tone saddened by the sight of a lost, faithful ninja.

Jiraiya nodded before disappearing and Kakashi was kneeling beside a sobbing, almost hysterical Sakura and asked," Sakura, what did they do to you?" Sakura looked up at her sensei's concerned lone eye and answered softly yet loud enough for everyone to hear," They kidnapped us in a Uchiha gardnen.."

At Tsunade's nod she continued on, her voice shaky," They wanted us to betray Konoha... cut all ties to Konoha. They wanted us to betray our families, our friends, our teammates, our lover as they put it... and our home. After fighting my team and then mainly Sasuke-kun, I decided I wouldn't betray my home, my family, my friends, my teammates, my comrades... I would rather die than to betray them."

Tsunade closed her eyes as the last sentence Sakura said echoed in her mind. She would rather die than betray Konoha and those dear to her. Naruto bit back a sob as he said," Sakura-chan..!" Sakura smiled wearily as she closed her eyes and said softly," I was staying with the one I had killed before Naruto..."

Naruto and Kakashi tensed, they knew all too well who she was talking about. "Who are you talking about?" Sasuke asked, confused though he hid it at Tsunade's uncomfortable look. "Sasori of the Sand. Him and his partner... had 'killed' Gaara. Me and with Chiyo-baba's life, brought him back." Sakura answered softly.

"That was the time when we were trying to get you back. A few days later me, Naruto, Sai, Yamato had ran into you.." Sakura continued on and a brief flash of guilt went through Sasuke's eyes as he remembered what had happened and what he had done and said to them. "I.." Sasuke trailed off as Sakura said," We have already forgiven you, Sasuke-kun."

Tsunade sighed as she bent beside Sakura and easily picked her up in her arms and Sakura's eyes snapped open as she stuttered out," S-Shishou!!" "You are my student, my pupil. I will look after you, Sakura. You can trust me." Tsunade said swiftly as she walked towards her office and ordered over her shoulder," Tenten, Ino, come."

They followed the Godaime Hokage quickly stunned at the snap in her voice.

-----

Tsunade placed Sakura down on a medical table and ordered," Shirt, off. You know the protocal, Sakura." Sakura turned deep red and only glanced at all of the males in the room. She then sighed at the hard look in her teacher's eyes before she pulled her shirt off and the boys immediately looked away except the sensei's who looked forlorn.

Tsunade looked at the place where the chidori hit her and sighed as she said," I knew it.." "Is something wrong with Sakura-chan, Granny Tsunade?" Naruto asked, clearly worried for his teammate, yet best friend. Tsunade blinked before laughing and she answered," Ah, it's nothing big, Naruto. Nothing to worry about."

"What's wrong with Sakura?" Sasuke asked, his tone demanding and Tsunade blinked, she didn't know he cared for her. "Well.. nothing serious. It's just that I couldn't heal her all the way out there." Tsunade answered as she put a hand over her student's chest and it started to glow green, and Sakura sighed.

Once Tsunade was done she pulled her hand away and looked over before nodding her head in approval and said," Better, you are breathing normal again." So that's how she knew she didn't heal her all the way. Team Seven looked down ashamed that they didn't notice somthing wrong with their teammate.

Tsunade then turned towards Ino and Tenten and asked, slowly," Were you two hurt in anyway? No need to be shy, I ask Sakura the same thing after she is kidnapped." At that Sakura turned red at everyone's questioning looks and the two shook their heads in negative confused as to what Tsunade meant by everytime Sakura was kidnapped.

Tsunade sent a amused look towards Sakura who was shifting nervously in her seat, with everyone's questioning looks on her. "Sakura, you have a lot to explain, and i'll stay, to make sure they don't get out of hand. Besides part of it, is my fault." Tsunade said as she leaned against a wall and Sakura gulped.

"Err... well... sometimes I was sent on missions... and my mission... was to be kidnapped by... certain people, it was different.. for each mission.. and I offered myself to do these things so no, it isn't Tsunade-shishou's fault!" Sakura said, glaring at Naruto before he could say something to make Tsunade mad.

"Sakura-chan... why would you endanger yourself like this?" Naruto asked his voice full of pain, he never knew that when Sakura would disappear for weeks on end, she was on a mission and 'kidnapped'. No one seemed to know since everyone seemed pretty disturbed and worried about Sakura offering herself to be 'kidnapped'.

Sakura closed her eyes and explained softly," I wouldn't let the other girls do any of those missions.. back then I had no one really.. so I didn't care if I died on the mission or not. The only one I knew for sure that would miss me was Tsunade-shishou and Kakashi-sensei. Naruto you were gone.. Sasuke-kun was with that Orochimaru snake bastard."

"I threw all caution to the wind and I let.. things happen. I know I shouldn't have, but it was a possibility I had to take and so I did. I will never again, be weak or useless like I was when I was a genin at the very beginning. I will be strong for my home, my friends, my teammates, my comrades and my sensei's."

"I will admit some of the things I had to do on those missions, disgusted me... and i'm disgusted with myself. After everything that happened on those missions, I had vowed to never get married. The only person I told this to, was Tsunade-shishou." Sakura finished as she clentched her fists tears falling down her cheeks.

Tsunade looked down as she crossed her arms across her chest and stated," Don't ask what happened. That is strictly between me and Sakura unless she wants to tell you. Don't even ask, or you'll be dealing with me. If she wants to tell you, let her tell instead of asking her. Believe me i'll know if you ask."

-----

Tsunade watched as people went up to the open coffin and paid their respects to the dead person inside. Suddenly her eyes were locked onto someone with light blue hair and she asked softly, tensely," Do you see her, Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, Kurenai?" "Hai." Came one reply while the others stayed quiet, watching.

-----

Kryn walked up to the coffin, while biting her bottom lip gently. She stopped by the coffin and looked down at the peaceful looking Kizuma. "I.. gomen nasai, Kizuma." Kryn whispered softly as she caressed the cold cheek of Kizuma's. Tears filled her eyes and gently fell down onto Kizuma's hands.

"I killed you... and I deserve death for it.. but it won't come right now.." Kryn whispered before turning to see every ninja closing in on her. She smiled before saying," I won't be captured.. Itachi-kun and Kisame-san are coming after me to bring me back. I was only given a little time to come say goodbye."

Suddenly Itachi and Kisame were each on one side of Kryn. "Are you done here?" Itachi asked, his face expressionless, and his eyes devoid of all emotion and life. "Hai." Kryn answered and even when Itachi wrapped his arms around her, one tear fell down and she whispered," Gomen nasai, Kizuma..."

The three disappeared before anyone could jump forward to stop them. "The only one she cared for was the one she killed just so she could stay with Itachi." Sakura stated as tears fell from her cheeks.
Sign up to rate and review this story