Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > You're a Sad Cartoon of a Broken Heart, Bleeding All Over the Place.

Prologue to The Bleeding Heart

by grandtheftautumn 3 reviews

NEW FIC by GRANDTHEFTAUTUMN ... REVIEW FOR UPDATES! Introducing TRISTA! This one's got her guard up after what she's been through. Will a small rock band from vegas change this? DRAMA! TRAGEDY! LOV...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2007-08-21 - Updated: 2007-08-27 - 799 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER:
Fanfic title is inspired by Heroes.
I do not own, nor have ever claimed to, Panic! at the Disco... I am not affiliated with them in anyway... etc etc and all the usual disclaimer stuff.

I only own my OC's ... including Trista.


**


Hey guys... here's my new piece. Hope you like it =] Enjoy! .. READ, RATE & review review review... FOR UPDATES!.... also feel free to review "down the road" ... might make me smile ;) and want to write more =p

Here's the setting:
Chicago, Illinois



Prologue


The bruises and contusions will remind me what you did when you wake.
(The Bleeding Heart)



***


I looked up at Hayden towering over me. Not surprised by the position I was in, for this was not the first time. I could feel the bruise forming in my upper arm, but I can never leave. For you see, he's not only my boyfriend, but he is my life. My world.

I put on a brave face as I waited for his abuse to end. Ican't blame him, it's my own fault. I know the consequences of pissing him off when he's high.

Ugh.. it stings like hell.

Twenty minutes later he stormed out of our apartment. Ithrew some clothes and my personal belongings into a bag and left the apartment not wanting to be there when he returned. Unfortunately, I always found myself coming back.

He's the only family I have left. My father died when I was fifteen. That was a rough year. Mum had the hardest time dealing with it. She went nights at a time where she didn't sleep, which then led to crying herself to sleep, and eventually was replaced with a bottle of gin. My brother and Ieventually convinced her to see a doctor, which unfortunately backfired on us. The best the doctor could do is prescribed her sleeping pills and anti-depressants. Long story short, she got hooked, exchanging one addiction for another. She fought with my brother on a daily basis until she kicked him out. He moved in with my aunt in Chicago. Frankie wanted to take me with him but I couldn't leave mum alone. I stayed with her, trying to keep us afloat for the next two years... until one day I found her.

She... she was just lying there. She had overdosed on those goddamn pills. I called an ambulance but I was too late. She never woke up again. I had failed.

My memories carried me to my favourite little coffee shop ablock away. It was my escape from reality, a safe place where I'd try build some courage to finally leave.

I began subconsciously fiddling with the locket that hung round my neck. Mum and dad got it for me for my 10th birthday. It realised I hadn't talked to Frankie in over a year now. The last conversation we had was after mum's funeral. I was begging him to take me on tour with him but he thought it was best if I go to college, after all I had gotten ascholarship and I couldn't defer it. And then tragedy struck close to home again during the first week of semester, taking aim at my best friend. Convinced Iwas cursed, killing off everyone I loved, I decided to cut off all contact with my brother.

My heart is on my sleeve. Wear it like a bruise or black eye.

"My badge, my witness..." I sang along quietly.

"Your phone's ringing. Umm are you going to answer that miss?"

I jumped in fright from the other voice. "Oh right. Umm.. no I don't need to answer it. I know what they're going to say," I replied as Istared at the caller ID.

Hayden... calling to apologise, ask where I am... then beg for forgiveness ending with empty promises.

"Are you okay?" asked the stranger.

"Yeah. I'm good," I said brushing away some tears with my sleeve. I looked up at him, praying he wasn't some deranged psycho who just broke out of a mental institution and was about to kill me, but then again Imight be better of with him than Hayden. I did a double-take when I realised he was really cute, really really cute.

"Do you like Chai lattes...? I got a spare," he said, his cheeks showing a small tinge of pink.

"Umm... okay sure. Thanks I could really use one right now," I said. I took his kind offer and gestured him to join me.

"So what's your name pretty lady?" he asked.

"Lady?" I laughed, raising one eyebrow. He just nodded encouragingly.

"Me? My name... my name is Trista," I stuttered shamelessly.

"Well, nice to meet you, Trista. I'm Brendon. Brendon Urie," he smiled back.

*

Chapter One will be up soon. REVIEW! so i post it sooner =p
Sign up to rate and review this story