Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Almost

Epilogue

by Silvana 7 reviews

In Which It Ends.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-08-27 - Updated: 2007-08-27 - 955 words - Complete

1Moving
Epilogue

Extract reprinted with the kind permission of New York Post.
22nd November 2007

LIGHTS, CAMERA, NEW MAN?

Last night when talented artist Leah Watkins turned up for the opening of her latest exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art, no one expected her to have a male escort. The painter has been single since last year when she publicly split from her fiancé Marco Franco, a Hollywood actor.
However, when Watkins stepped from her limo, looking stunning in a floor length black silk dress by Valentino, she was not alone. Also exiting the transport was Gerard Way, lead singer of My Chemical Romance, a successful rock band from the nearby New Jersey. Way played it safe, and wore black, from black doc martins to a black shirt. Watkins stopped to talk to our reporter and when asked about Way, laughed and simply replied, ‘He’s an old friend. A very old friend.’
It’s easy to think back to when we heard similar words before, uttered by Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, and look at them now.

Article reprinted with the kind permission of The Hot List.
3rd March 2008

ART AND ANARCHY
Leah Watkins talks about her past, present and future.

I’m sitting in a trendy café in central New York waiting for the elusive Leah Watkins. Watkins is a talented painter who currently has pictures touring the world. In The last three years she has become renown for her pictures of all things mythical.
When she finally turns up, fifteen minutes late, she’s wearing a simple red top, dark jeans, and an apologetic smile. She shakes my hand, sits down and apologizes from being late; she was painting. Indeed, there is a streak of pale green on her right arm.

Hey Leah. You’ve currently got paintings going round the world on your first world tour. What’s it like?
Amazing. This has always been my dream and to have it happen so soon is just incredible.
Soon? You’ve been working since you left school, which was nine years ago.
Yeah, but I wanted to work first. Save so eventually I could chuck it all in and just paint, even if no one liked it.
So has this happening is just a bonus?
Yeah. A very cool bonus, but a bonus all the same.
We know you went to several high schools. What was that like?
I hated it. I guess that’s why I was such a terror in high school. It was anarchy all the way.
So what about art school? Was it still anarchy or did you settle down?
I calmed down. Way down. I didn’t want to be that girl anymore. At art school I felt really peaceful because I wasn’t hiding behind a façade of meanness.

At this point I start to get out a cigarette but I’m met with an icy stare.

Do you not approve of smoking?
No. That’s why I love the U.K. It’s illegal to smoke in a public place over there.
But what about Gerard Way? He smokes doesn’t he?
Yeah, I guess.
Guess? You don’t know?

She shrugs in reply. I take a deep breath before asking the question that everybody wants to know the answer to.

Are you and Gerard an item?

She laughs and grins as I realise she was waiting for it.

No. No, we’re not.
But you look so good together.

I hand her some pictures of her and Way from last November and watch as she scans them.

Yeah we do.

She’s not giving anything away so I change tack.

You say he’s an old friend. How far do you two go back?
A long time. We were-

She stops; obviously about to give something away.

Yes?
We were friends a long time ago.

I smile, realising she’s not going to say anything more on the subject of Way and turn the conversation to her ex-fiancé.

Marco Franco? Any comments about him?

She purses her lips.

Not that could be printed.
Was everything said at the restaurant in September 2006?

I’m referring to Cafeteria on Seventh Avenue, when Watkins broke off her engagement with Franco, resulting in an ugly scene involving three over turned tables.

Yes. Consisted of me giving him the engagement ring back and telling him why.
And those reasons were?
His life.

She smiles at me and I start to laugh. Our time is almost up and with time for one last question.

Misfits or My Chemical Romance?

Bear in mind that while she’s a fan of both, she is friends and maybe more with the lead vocalist in My Chemical Romance.

Who’s better? Misfits. No contest.

And then she’s gone leaving me with answers that could have come off her website, a memory of smile and a certainty that there’s more to her relationship with Gerard Way than she’s letting on.

Extract reprinted with the kind permission of Sugar.
7th December 2008

CELEBRITY COUPLES
While Zac Effron and Vanessa Hudgens have announced their break up, other celebrities are just starting out in relationships. Keira Knightly has been spotted getting close to Edward Speleers, Gerard Way and Leah Watkins have been snapped kissing and Emma Watson and Tom Felton were seen holding hands on set of the latest Harry Potter film.

Details reprinted with the kind permission of the H. Samuels and Gerard Way.
1st October 2010

Number of items: 1
Item: Platinum Diamond Ring (Engagment)
Price: £399.00

Announcement reprinted with the kind permission of the New York Times.
2nd September 2010

Mr and Mrs W are pleased to announce that on Halloween, K agreed to marry Peter Pan.
Sign up to rate and review this story