Categories > Books > Animorphs > The Progression

CHAPTER 15

by Quillian 0 reviews

The return of Erek the Chee...

Category: Animorphs - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Illim 871 - Published: 2005-12-28 - Updated: 2005-12-28 - 655 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: See Ch. 1.

A/N: /URGH!/ I lost ALL my fanfiction files, including the original one for this chapter! I had to get all the files back, or some cases, type them up again! Anyway, I managed to find some time to write up this short chapter!



CHAPTER 15

Illim 871

Erek, a member of the android race calling themselves the Chee, approached me from the crowd. On the surface, he appeared to be a normal young adult human male, giving a friendly greeting to peaceful Yeerks. On the surface, there was much more than met the eye, as the human saying goes.

"Let's talk later," he whispered to me.

"Agreed," I responded back in an equal whisper to match his own.

From there, Arklan, Eslin and I retired back to our ship and took off from Earth's atmosphere. We stayed close in the company of the Leeran ships, especially close to the /Wavecrest/. Arklan and Eslin went back to their own respective quarters while I used the ship's communications to contact Erek.

It had been several hours since we briefly encountered each other. He would be back at his home by now.

Using the code he supplied me with (something which humans might consider to be like a telephone number), I contacted him - and waited...

"Illim?"

I looked up and heard his voice on the other end of the z-space transponder. "Yes, Erek, this is Illim 871, otherwise known as Paxxor Five. How may I help you?"

A snort of amusement from Erek. "Har har. So... how have things been going for you since you left?"

"Quite well, actually. Once again, I can't thank you and the other Chee enough for 'giving' us plans and schematics for these rovessels."

"We really didn't 'give' them to you, Illim. You just got the idea from us Chee, developed it some more... and we just helped you flesh it out, so to speak."

"True. Still, not much to do when you're done rebuilding the house after the Yeerks attack and are staying with your Chee friends because they have free Kandrona rays."

"It's also a good thing we found those few stray Bug fighters to help you get away, once all the extra security started to ease up."

"Also true. So... apart from all this catching-up, what else is there to talk about?"

"Well... not much, really. Although I would like to finally meet this 'legendary' Arklan 256, even if it is over some z-space transponder."

I laughed lightly. "That can easily be arranged. Please wait for a moment." I "put him on hold" and went to go get Arklan.

Barely a minute later, Arklan and Erek were so engrossed in their conversation that I doubt either would have noticed if something exploded on either end. I spent that time merely gazing out the viewport, watching the Seerow slowly orbit that beautiful planet.

After several minutes which felt more like several hours, I retired back to my own quarters. Let them talk, I told myself, You can speak with Erek again another time.

Back in my private quarters, I used my own computer to tune in to some radio stations, looking for something good to listen to. After finding something by Bach on a classical music station, I just relaxed myself, strangely feeling much better than I had for weeks.



TBC...

A/N: OK, this is just a short chapter to explain how Illim and some of the other Peace Movement members survived the bombing of the Yeerk pool and subsequent defeat. (By the way, I would like to thank Gryphinwyrm7 for pointing that out in his review for ch. 12.)

I don't know what to do for the next chapter, but I will figure it out! -Quillian



/EXTRA!/

Want to see these chapters in true format, including seeing those brackets used to denote thought-speech instead of some confusing parantheses? Go to my "TalesOfWizardsAndAliens" Yahoo group, and see the files for yourself!


Sign up to rate and review this story