Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > On a Rainy Night...

Concerts, Stars, and Cool Breezy Nights

by Aubreyx3 3 reviews

Ryan constantly has Samantha on his mind, and it's affecting his performance on stage. Meanwhile Samantha is getting ready for the Panic! concert. Will she remember Ryan?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-08-27 - Updated: 2007-08-28 - 978 words

0Unrated
“Samantha, can you believe the concert is tonight?!?” Jess asked me, “Aggh I’m so excited!”

I loved seeing my sister...err stepsister…so happy. The concert was only hours away, and I was pretty excited about going. Jess let me barrow her Panic! CD, and I like them a lot. There music is so….I don’t even know how to explain it. Their sound is a lot different than most bands, and their lyrics have so much meaning. But there was also something else…I just felt like I could connect with the music so well, it’s even kind of weird. I don’t know how to describe it….
I laid on my bed, listening to But It’s Better If You Do, thinking about the concert. I wonder what it’s going to be like… Time passed quickly, and after dinner I found myself standing in front of my closet, figuring out what I should wear. After looking through my closet for quite some time, I decided to throw on a pair of jeans, my black converse sneakers, and a tank top.


Jess and I later arrived at the venue where Panic! would be playing. It was lit up and looked amazing, and there were crowds of people piling into it.

“Wow…” Jess said

“This is going to be so cool..”

We found a place to park and started walking to go inside. There were tons of people, and it took awhile for us to get in there. Jess and I found that we had better tickets than we thought….we were only the third row. The Hush Sound opened, and were really good. I had never heard of them, but I really liked their music. Finally, when Panic came on, the stage looked amazing. It was set up as a circus theme, and there was dancers and everything. All the band members were introduced, and Jess was screaming her head off when they announced Brendon Urie. Throughout the concert, I couldn’t help but notice the lead guitarist, Ryan Ross. His face looked so familiar, but behind all the makeup it was hard to tell. He performed well, but he just seemed…I don’t know…kind of distant, and upset. Jess didn’t seem to notice, but then again, she was basically drooling over Brendon the whole time.

___________________________________________________


“Ready guys?” Brendon said to all of us.

We were performing in 10 minutes. I felt so anxious and nervous. There’s no way I’m going to find her in this crowd….she’s probably not even here….

Tonight I’m not very up to performing. Samantha has been taking over my thoughts, and I feel so…empty. But I can’t let the crowd see that. Behind all the make up and music, I doubt anyone would be able to see how down I am. We soon were on stage and started playing. My eyes scanned the crowd for any trace of Samantha, but it was impossible. There were way to many people, and with all the lights from the stage, it made it difficult to see.

The show seemed to end quickly tonight, and it was kind of upsetting. I guess I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up at all about Samantha. When we finished with the show, we were informed there was a ticket call out for backstage passes. I didn’t really like the idea, star crazed fans coming backstage? Ehh I think I’ll pass…

I washed all the make up off of my face and decided to slip outside before the fans came in. Our manager might get mad, but I don’t really care right now. I opened the door and felt a crisp breeze against my body. The night was cool, and the streets in Vegas were faintly lit by the lights from the different places along the road. It felt good to be outside after being on that hot stage, the night was relaxing and calm. I
stood outside for awhile, just leaning against the side of the building when I heard someone walk out of the venue and sigh….


___________________________________________________


The concert was amazing. There were so many people. Everything was just so great, the lights, dancers, music, everything. I loved how they changed the songs around too. But I don’t know…it seemed like Ryan was kind of…upset during the show. But who was I to judge…

.Jess had been one of the winners to go backstage, so I get to wait for her….Who knows how long she’ll be back there. I waited inside the venue for awhile until most of the people had cleared out. I decided to go outside, I was starting to get hot. I found my way to the door, took one last look at the inside of the incredible venue, and walked out. As I stepped outside I let out a long sigh….and then heard a voice…

“So the concert was that bad, eh?”

I quickly turned around. “Are you talking to me?” I asked.

“Who else?” he said. His face was in the shadows, so I couldn’t see him and I have no idea who he is.

“And why would you think that I didn’t like the concert?”

“Well, slowly walking out of the venue sighing…just sounds like the concert wasn’t what you expected it to be…”

“No…the concert was amazing, it’s just that…” Should I tell him? It might sound kind of dumb… “Well, I don’t know…Ryan, the lead guitarist, didn’t seem very happy. He just looked upset or something, but maybe I’m wrong. Did you notice that at all?” Then he stepped out from the shadows and my heart just about stopped….

“Yeah…I definitely did….”

It was Ryan Ross
Sign up to rate and review this story