Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 8

by x_Charlie_x 0 reviews

Part 8. yadda yadda ratings...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-08-28 - Updated: 2007-08-28 - 1729 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 8
Amy’s POV- ‘We drove as far as we could go just to get away.’
I hate Tuesdays. It happens to be the day that I have all my worst lessons, with no friends in my first class so that by 2nd period I’m already bored and want to go home. First lesson is PSHE in the language block, i.e. over the complete different side of the school to my tutor base so I have to get from one end of the school to the other before class starts. Impossible.
I wave goodbye to Tom who had walked up wit home before going to his class around the back of the block and I walk into my own classroom, late as usual, to a fate even worse than I’d anticipated. A sub. Ok I sound like a complete swot but let me explain; when our normal teacher is in we have to sit in a set seating plan and even though this means that I’m sat between two complete idiots (AKA Frank’s friends) it masks that fact that I have no friends in that class. When we have a sub the seating plan goes out the window and I have to sit by myself which means I’m the butt of everyone’s jokes and if I’m really unlucky the teacher takes pity on me and talks to me. This makes things even worse because I look like a dork for talking to a teacher and I don’t particularly want to talk to them either. I’d rather be left alone with my Mp3 player.
I manage to get a table at the back to myself (good because it was harder for them to throw things at me) and pull out my Mp3. This teacher was really old and actually believed the ‘hearing aid’ excuse so even if I did get caught, which I never did, I’d be ok. I set it to random and pull out my books and pens. I finish a science homework sheet that was due in 3rd period and make a half hearted attempt at work before giving up. Why would you want to advertise Gosport anyway? “Come here! We have the highest teen pregnancy rate in the UK! You breathe here and get impregnated!” Ha. I don’t think so.
I write a note to Amanda, (never call her Mandy) and then sit doodling and listening to music for about 45 minutes. This lesson was so pointless. I could be doing something useful right now like Health coursework, or killing Dean.
After what seems like a year the lesson ends and I throw everything into my bag before heading for English. English wasn’t so bad but I was never in the mood for it after having such a mind numbing lesson. Playing the Emo Game on my laptop for 3 hours was less mind numbing than PSHE.
Anyway I get to English late because it’s ages away from where I have PSHE. Get shouted at by the teacher like I do every week and by the time I reach my seat I could willingly throw myself off the roof.
Frank walks in, followed by Dean, and slams his stuff down on the table. I can tell something is wrong, well I suppose half the class can, but I don’t really know if it’s my place to say something or not. I pass Amanda her note and after sitting worrying about him for half the lesson decide to write Frank a note too to find out what’s up, if only to clear my head so I can do my work at a half acceptable level.
When it reaches him he looks genuinely surprised that I’m writing notes to him and immediately starts scribbling out a reply.
It eventually gets back to me and I read;

‘I guess so. The guys are just annoying me. Dean’s being a total nob about breaking up with you and all the other guys care about is who ‘got some’ last night.
They were being a bit of a nob to Tom n PSHE. I did try and stop them but… you know how they get. Sorry. –Frank’

Aw that’s sweet. I think to myself. A guy with emotions! And it was nice that he’d tried to stick up for Tom too, although I’m not sure why he had to sign his name after… I write back a reply.

‘That’s Okay. School’s doing my head in today. Some days I feel like I just want to run out the gates and never look back.’

I pass the note over and turn back to my poetry anthology. I keep expecting my chair to be kicked so that Amanda could hand me Frank’s note (she was the middle man) but it doesn’t happen and I’m left feeling strangely disappointed that he hasn’t written back. I push the feeling down and try and concentrate on ‘The Falling Leaves’ AKA the worst poem known to man, or a really good pss take of war poetry but I think it’s just sht.
I walk out of English 10 minutes later and stop outside the classroom to wait for Amanda. Frank walks out of the classroom and I briefly take in his black hair and lip ring that I was familiar with from a distance before realising that he was walking right towards me. “Come with me.” he says with a smile before grabbing my arm and half dragging me down the stairs through the swarms of kids all trying to get out of the building as fast as possible.
“Where are we going?” I ask, completely bewildered, as we battle our way out the doors and I glance behind me in the hope that Amanda would have seen Frank drag me off and wouldn’t think I just went off without her. I was starting to wonder what exactly Frank was doing. We talk occasionally at my house when he’s hanging out with Bob and the guys but we never acknowledged our stunted friendship while at school. Our relationship out of school was like a whole different life, it felt weird to have it pulled into this one.
“We are going over there.” He says pointing to the gates.
“Huh? Why are we going to the gates?” I ask, and then it dawns on me. “Seriously? Won’t we get caught?” I ask, we’re getting closer to the gates now and I can feel my stomach working itself into a tight ball of knots.
“Nah. The trick is to make it look like you’re meant to be doing it.” He explains, as if he were explaining a mathematical equation. He’s let go of my arm now and we walk straight out of the gates, trying to look like we had a valid reason for walking out of them. He was right, the teachers didn’t even blink. Well apart from Owl Lady but she doesn’t stop blinking, no-one questions us.
Once we turn the corner I burst out laughing. He smiles at me and fishes in his pockets for all the jewellery he’d been made to remove by his tutor. He was made to take it out every morning but both he and his tutor were too stubborn to back down so Frank carried on wearing it, every morning like clockwork, and his tutor carried on making him take it all off the minute he walked through the door. Progressively through the day more and more of it would reappear so that by home time he was back to how he had been that morning.
“So where are we going?” I ask him. Hoping he’d thought that threw beforehand because I didn’t enjoy the idea of having to walk around all afternoon in my school uniform and carrying a bag full of school stuff.
“I usually go see Gerard…” He trails off. I could see he wasn’t too keen on the idea of going there today for whatever reason. “We could go to the cinema?” He suggests after a pause that confirms that he hadn’t thought it through beforehand at all. I nod in agreement. I’d just realised that I now had to spend nearly a whole day with a boy I hardly knew. Maybe it would be a chance to get to know him again… Man I best not make a fool out of myself.

Frank’s POV- ‘I never could have seen this coming.’
I can’t actually believe I just did that. What would Bob say eh? I’m glad I cheered her up though. She looked lie she was ready to throw herself from a cliff or something earlier. She’s all happy and smiling and bouncy again now. Just the way I like her.
We’re at hers at the moment. She’s getting changed before we see the film. I’d bought some spare clothes with me again so I just changed into them in her bathroom.
I got a little worried when I realised that we couldn’t really see Gerard. The cinema’s a good idea though. I impress myself sometimes at my ability to come up with great plans on the spot like that. And no one will stop us because to be blunt no one here cares enough to stop us.
No the cinema was a good idea. Much better than hanging out with Gerard. I think things would have gotten a bit funny considering the bet and all if it was just me, him and Amy. Hopefully Amy won’t find out about it anytime soon. I mean it would sort of serve me right but I agreed to Gerard’s bet to se who could get with her first because I already liked her anyway. So it’s not like I’m totally using her or leading her on at all. I’m more using the bet as motivation. And Gerard, well he’s on the rebound and he needs some fun. I doubt he’d ever actually act on it though.
It’s just some harmless fun. I like her anyway. It’s just motivation.
Sign up to rate and review this story