Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Wipe That Smile Off You're Face

I Want To Be There For You

by fob4ever 3 reviews

Spring Break is over. Where will that leave this huge love square?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2007-08-28 - Updated: 2007-08-29 - 2785 words

0Unrated
Jazie and Patrick were enjoying their lunch and ignoring the occasional camera flashs when a little girl came up to ask Patrick for an autograph.

He smiled sweetly and gladly signed the little piece of paper she was holding and when she left, Jazie just smiled at him.

He is truly an amazing guy.

They were half way through their lunch when Patrick put down his fork and cleared his throat. Jazie looked up from her plate to see where the noise came from. He met her eyes and smiled. Jazie smiled back and tipped her head to the side slightly.

“What?” She laughed nervously under his steady gaze.

“I wanted to ask you something.”

Jazie’s eyes widened suspiciously.

“Ask me…what…?”

“Well, we’ve known each other for a while now. And we’ve been spending a lot of time together.”

She nods slowly with a smirk. “Yah…”

Patrick continues. “Well I think that, lately for us, the line between a friendship and a serious relationship has been kind of blurry. I just wanted to kind of make it official. You know, clear the waters I guess.”

Jazie stares at him puzzled.

“Make what official…..what water?”

Oh my gosh…he’s braking up with me. I should have seen this coming. A nice lunch with just the two of us…And I’m sure that whole call with Dirty thing means he’s meeting up with Anna later. And now we’re having a talk. He seemed kind of nervous earlier. Why was I so oblivious!?

Patrick clears his throat again and looks down at his hands for a second, before re-connecting them with Jazie’s.

“We have something Jazie. I feel a real connection with you and I think you feel the same.”

Jazie just continues to stare at him. At this point, she has to remind herself to breath.

Patrick grins at her. Then he digs into his pocket and pulls out a little box. Jazie’s eyes widen.

What the hell. He’s not gonna propose, is he!?

Patrick chuckles nervously as he examines Jazie’s reaction.

“I’m not going to ask you to marry me or anything...”

Jazie blushes and giggles, embaressed that she even thoguht that. Patrick gulps nervously.

"But I am going to ask you to be my girlfriend. Officially. We’ve been dancing around the subject the whole time we’ve been here and I should have just asked you this a long time ago. I was going to ask you that day I caught you with Pete."

Jazie frowns and looks down at her lap, trying to forget that kiss and all the things she learned about Patrick along with it.

“I figured that we needed a little break after that and we obviously weren’t ready to get serious. But now I think we are. And I should have called you earlier while I was on tour. I should have come back to see you when we had a break. I’m sorry. Will you forgive me?” He holds out the box for Jazie to see.

She tried to remind herself that he’s fooling around with another girl, and he didn’t even give a good excuse for never trying to see her while he was on tour, but her heart pushed that away from her head and she buried it in the back of her mind. She wanted to be happy for one second. Just one second. She wanted to forget all of her problems and just enjoy the moment.

All she can do to keep her tears in was smile and nod slowly. Patrick takes the ring out and places it in Jazie’s hand.

“It’s a promise ring. I know it’s really junior high, but I didn’t know how else to show you I’m serious about this. I really like you Jazie.”

Jazie places the ring on her finger and smiles happily.

“Will you be my girlfriend Jazie?”

She nods again and starts giggling.

“Yah Patrick. I’ll be your girlfriend.” She stands up and walks over to his side of the table. She sits in the chair next to him and puts her hands over his on top of his lap. He smiles as she leans in to kiss him. Their lips connect and Jazie feels like everything is going perfectly.

This is how it should be.

And for a moment, she forgot about Pete confusing everything or Anna messing around with Patrick or spring break ending. It was just her and Patrick.

-------------------------------------

A few days later, Jazie and Sarah were packing up and getting ready to head over to the airport. There was only one day left in Spring Break and they were going to spend it at home. So they were heading home one day early, like the rest of the spring break-goers and the boys of Fall Out Boy.

Jazie smiled and hummed as she placed her clothes into suitcases and organized her luggage over and over again.

“We got everything Jazie. Just stop doing that.” Sarah said from the couch.

“OCD freak.” She muttered under her breath.

“I just want to be sure I got everything. I would rather not leave anything here. It’s not like we can just drive down here and pick it up.”

“It’s called the mail, Jazie. Just give it a rest. We’re leaving soon. Have you gone down and said goodbye to the boys?”

Jazie turns and nods. “Yah, but I think I’m going to go say goodbye one last time.” She picks up her purse and walks past Sarah to leave. She stops in front of the door and turns to smile at her. She opens the door and makes her way down to Andy and Joe’s room.

She knocks forcefully on the door and Andy answers.

“Hey Jaze. You ready to head out?” He asks as he takes her into a hug.

“Yah. Were leaving in a few minutes. I just wanted to say goodbye one last time. Now you guys are going to actually keep in touch this time, right?”

Andy nods and smiles. “Yah. I’m really sorry about that Jaze. We were all really busy.” Jazie laughs.

“No I get it. I was joking. But you really do need to call every once and a while. When you come back to Chicago, give me and Sarah a call.” She smiles. Andy nods and smiles sweetly.

“Oh wait, speaking of Sarah have you talked to her yet?”

Andy frowns slightly. “No…not yet.” He shrugs, trying to make it sound like not such a big deal.

Jazie sighs and pushes Andy in the direction of their room. He turns his head and smiles one last time at Jazie before making his way to see Sarah’s room. Jazie walks into Joe & Andy’s room and looks around.

“JOE!”…… no answer.

“JOE FRO were are you?!” She tip toes around the boys dirty clothes and take out boxes strewn across the hotel room floor.

“Hellooooooo.” She looks around each room and doesn’t find anyone. So she turns around and makes her way to Patrick and Pete’s room. Before she can even knock on the door, it flies open and luggage avalanches toward her.

“What the hell!?” Jazie shrieks and jumps back to flee from the heavy bags tumbling on her.

“Oh my gosh Jazie. Is that you?” She hears a muffled voice coming from behind the pile of suitcases. She giggles and gets up, putting the bags aside.

“Yah it’s me. Where’s Patrick? I came to say goodbye to you guys.”

Pete walks up and hugs Jazie tightly.

“I’m gonna really miss you guys Pete.” She whispers in his ear.

He nods. “I know. Me too.”

“Now I want all of you guys to call me when you get a chance, ok? And I’m going to tell you what I told Andy. Whenever you’re around Chicago, come stop by and say hello.” He smirks.

“Don’t worry. I will. We’ll keep in touch, ok? And the tours only till next month so we’ll all get a break to do our own thing for a while. I’ll be sure to make a trip to Chicago and see you, and my mom while I’m at it.”

Jazie sighs absent mindedly. “That’s good.” Her eyes travel past Pete and search the hotel room for Patrick.

Pete rolls his eyes. “He’s not in there.”

Her attention goes back onto Pete.

“Wha…what? Why not?”

“He and Joe are downstairs putting their luggage in the car. If I were you, I’d hurry. We’re leaving soon…and so are you I think.” She nods and starts to run off in the direction of the elevator.

“Jazie wait!” Pete yells down the hall. She whips around and jogs back to Pete.

“Yah what is it?” She pants.

“I’m really going to miss you Jaze.”

She smiles sweetly and hugs Pete. “I’m going to miss you too.”

Pete grabs her face in his hands and pulls her into a kiss. She pulls away immediately and glares at him furiously.

“Pete! What the hell are you doing!?” She wipes her mouth and looks around to make sure no one saw.

He looks at her confused. “What are you talking about? I thought…”

“No Pete. You didn’t think. I can’t have feelings for you! And you can’t have feelings for me either. Just bury them, ok? Patrick is my boyfriend. He's your best friend.” She pokes him in the chest with her finger.

“And you need to start acting like it.” She shakes her head in disbelief, then looks down at her watch.

“Shit. I have to go…..I’ll see you around Pete.” She says as she turns and runs down the hall.

Pete grunts in anger and kicks one of the suitcases on the floor.

-------------------------------------

When Jazie gets downstairs, she only sees Joe, loading up a van.

“Joseph!!!” She runs up and jumps on him.

“Buddy! I’m gonna miss you.” He pouts.

Jazie ruffles his curly hair and giggles.

“I know. I’m going to miss all of you guys. Have you talked to Sarah yet?”

Joe smiles and nods.

“Yah, we had a long talk today. We’re pretty much a couple. We’re a cute couple if I’ve ever seen one. We’re totally keeping in touch too. I’m gonna call her every day.” He puts a big cheesy smile on his face.

“Don’t make that promise. You don’t know what it does to girls when you don’t follow through.” She points a finger at him.

Joe nods. “I know.” They both smile and hug one last time.

“So where’s Patrick?” She asks as she looks around for him.

“I’m not sure where he is. He left last night. He said he had business w/ his production company. We told him what time we had to leave. He should be here soon.”

“Can you call him for me? M cell is up in our room.” She asks sweetly.

“Sure thing babe.” He whips out his cell phone and dials up Patrick’s number.

“Hey man! Where are you? We’re leaving for the air port soon……. Yah and Jazies been looking for you.”

There is a voice on the other end but Jazie couldn’t make out what he was saying.

“Alright dude. You better hurry up. We’re leaving in 10 minutes…..alright. Bye.”

He hangs up the phone and puts it back in his pocket.

“So he said he was doing work in the city and he’s on his way back right now. He said 5 minutes, tops.

Jazie just nods slowly and tries to hold the tears in.

“Oh…ok. Well, I better go finish packing. Bye Joe.”

She waves goodbye and runs back into the hotel. She makes her way up to her floor and stomps right past her room and toward Pete’s. She knocks on the door and the moment it opens, she shoves Pete as hard as she could.

“What the fuck Jazie!?”

Jazie pushed him against the couch and he flipped over the back and fell onto the floor.

“Why did you lie to me!? Do you think I’m an idiot?! Did you think once I got down there, I wouldn’t be expecting to see Patrick? Or did you know that he was on his way back and you were just hoping he would be down there by the time I got to the van?! Hmmm? What were you thinking?!” Jazie yells in his face.

Pete sits up and rubs his forehead. “I don’t know Jazie.”

“Why didn’t you just tell me the truth?” Jazie pleads.

“Because I didn’t want him to hurt you again Jaze. I thought maybe if you didn’t know he went into the city, you wouldn’t be thinking what I’m thinking right now.”

Jazie raises an eyebrow. “Oh, you’re a psychic now? Ok than. Tell me what I’m I thinking right now.”

“You’re thinking that he was meeting Anna. So am I jazie”

Jazie just stares at him. her lip quivers as she tries to hold in the tears that are threatening to break out. She sucks in a breath and runs out of the room, slamming it behind her.

She goes into her hotel room and grabs her bags forcefully.

“Let’s get out of this place.”

Sarah picks up her bags as well and they walk out of the hotel and toward their taxi. When Jazie and Sarah got to the trunk, another car comes into the parking lot. Jazie’s eyes follow it to the front of the hotel and watches as Patrick steps out of it. She drops her luggage and runs over to him.

“Patrick!” She squeals as he picks her up and twirls her around.

“I thought I was gonna miss you! Where have you been? You could have missed your plane.” Jazie says as Patrick embraces her in a huge cuddly hug.

“I just had to go into the city and meet a band. We were talking about their new record. You know, production stuff.” He says as he re-adjusts his hat.

Jazie just nods. “Oh...ok."

She looks at him quiestioningly, but just tries to brush it off.

We're supposed to be saying goodbye. I can't leave him like this; angry for something i have no proof of.

"Well, you’re here now and I get to say goodbye." She says into his shoulder.

“I’m gonna miss you so much Jazie.” Patrick whispers into her ear.

She giggles and snuggles into him. “I’m gonna to miss you more.”

Patrick chuckles and let’s go of Jazie only to pull her closer to him. He leans in and she kisses him with all the passion she could muster without taking her clothes off right there in the parking lot. She wanted to leave him with something to remember her by.

When she releases from his embrace, he sucks in a deep breath.

“Wow Jazie.” Patrick pants. She just smiles sweetly and hugs him again. She closes her eyes and than opens them again, looking over Patrick’s shoulder. Her eyes meet with Pete’s as he exits the hotel.

She glares at him and he just smiles nervously. Jazie looks at Pete before kissing Patrick again. She kept her eyes connected with Pete’s the whole time.

“I’ll call you, ok?” Patrick whispers. Jazie nods and leans in to rub her nose against his. He giggles and then sighs.

“I have to go.” He frown s.

Jazie sulks. “Me too.” She walks backward slowly away from Patrick and he refuses to let go of her hands. Jazie giggles and pulls her hands away from his. She gives a little wave to all the guys and walks toward the taxi.

She gets in the back seat with Sarah and sighs. She nudges Jazie and speaks quietly.

“I’m going to miss them too.”

Jazie doesn’t turn her head, because she didn’t want Sarah to see her crying. She wipes her tear away and sucks in a deep breath.

This won’t be so bad. He’ll call me. He wasn’t meeting with Anna. I can trust him. I don’t have feelings for Pete. It’s all settled than. I’m ok.

“Let’s go home.” Jazie whispers.
Sign up to rate and review this story