Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Blue

by KouenTaisa 0 reviews

He always thought that he would die under the blue sky. Slight end of series spoilers.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Edward Elric - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-12-28 - Updated: 2005-12-28 - 414 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author: I don't know where this came from...just when I was listening to the song "Blue" from Cowboy Bebop.

Disclaimer: I don't own FMA or the song which this fic was written after...although I wish I did.

Blue
Oneshot


He always thought that he would die under the blue sky. Yet here he was, looking up with lifeless eyes at the top of the dome building. Blood trickled out of the corner of his mouth as a puddle of the crimson liquid formed around him. Amber eyes devoid of life continued to star up toward the sky without any reason.

Edward had always thought that he'd die as an old man. Now, he was standing in front of the Gate once again...a shadow of his former self. He stood there at the Gate...nothing more than a ghost. There was only silence here...a cold silence. If he had too, he could deal with this silence for the rest of his life. And then there was a voice as well as a body. The homunculi Envy stood in front of him with a vengeance in his eyes. His half-brother soon entered the Gate to find their father...and silently Edward cried for another soul lost.

Brother...

Lifeless amber eyes regained their fire as their owner groaned. Edward slowly sat up as he looked around, seeing only the dome and Rose, as well as her baby. It took only a few seconds for him to realize that he was without automail. When he asked where Alphonse was, Rose told him that she'd seen Alphonse use human transmutation to bring Edward back.

---

Soon he was standing alone in the middle of a huge transmutation circle. Smaller ones were drawn on his body as he stood there, remembering the last four years with his brother. Amber eyes closed as he clasped his hands together...and silently he prayed.

Give me back my little brother...

---

Munich...what a wonderful place to be. The sarcasm in the thought was underlied with hate and disgust. Edward Elric hated to be away from his home, his friends and most of all, his brother. A sigh escaped the blonde man as he looked out of the train window and up at the blue sky. Smiling, he reached his hand up towards the sky and grasped at it. Soon, he would be home...very soon. Nothing could stop him from getting to his brother.

"I've never seen a bluer sky..."
Sign up to rate and review this story