Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Lantrisi

A Clan Arises

by JohnDeath 3 reviews

The Second War is about to begin, with Voldemort gaining power, and the Ministry denying his return. Ron&Hermione are looked as the ones to destroy HIM, but no one saw the return of the Savior they...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-08-31 - Updated: 2007-08-31 - 2387 words

4Original
Hey everyone, I know it's been a while since I updated this story, but I had a major block on this one, so I decided to give you a filler of sorts. The story will pick up significantly from here, and will almost completely separate from cannon. Fortunately, I managed to organize the plot for the next few chapters, so there should be much less delay for chapter 18. Also, I finally revealed the pairing for this fic, which will not change.

Chapter 17: A Clan Arises



It has been amonth since Harry revealed the truth about the Lantrisi to the magical community, and response was quite varied, but everyone agreed on one thing. They were afraid of their rapidly increasing numbers.

However, their power was undisputed, and most didn't want to provoke them into violence. In the meantime, more and more people joined them, not all magical. The muggle relatives and close friends of the new Lantrisi were cautiously informed of this and quickly taken into the fold. As the truth became known, Hermione too left Hogwarts, and joined Harry as his second.

"Sir, the minister is here as requested." One of the new fledglings walked into Harry's room in their complex.

"Thank you, Martin. Send him in." Harry didn't even look up from his terminal.

"You sent for me, my Lord?" The minister for magic asked in a voice barely hiding his anger and resentment.

"Yes. In the last month, we had a good response to recruitment, but the numbers begin to stagnate. I believe it's time to expand into the muggle world." Harry spoke calmly.

"You can't be serious. Revealing either of our existence would cause a mass panic. Revealing both would be anarchy." Scrimgeour replied in shock.

"Let me worry about that. I want the queen and the prime minister here tomorrow at noon. Understood?" Harry gave him a cold look.

The minister nodded in defeat, and left the office.

'Where are you hiding, Riddle?' Harry looked at the map on his desk, devoid of black dots. In the last month, he and his friends hunted down all remaining Death Eaters, and made sure they were either dead or markless. However, their master has apparently disappeared from the face of the Earth, and no one knew where to find him. The wizarding world were obviously happy for the end of the war, but Harry would never rest until he gave Riddle what he deserved, a slow and painful death.

'Harry, we're receiving a subspace message.' Hermione contacted him.

Harry quickly left the office and headed for the communications center. 'Who is it from?' So far, they haven't found any advanced races in the area, but it was possible.

'It's on aLantrisian channel. It's coming from Lantus.' Hermione replied.

'I'll be there within the minute.' Harry rushed and managed to reach his destination in record time.

Once he opened the transmission, he was met with the stern face of his sire, which split into a grin the moment he saw him. Harry never got used to his smile. When he did, it made him even scarier. A smile on his face was simply sinister, and made people nervous. "Greetings, my Lord. How fares the war?" Harry asked respectfully.

"So far so good, my boy. We managed to pierce the minefields on several points, and have concentrated our forces there. Right now, we are at a stalemate, but we have lost only fighter drones so far. I don't think it will last long, both sides are far too strong at the moment. But, I am contacting you for a different reason. We have made a most surprising discovery that I feel you'll want to know." Here, the vampire's grin widened even more.

"What is it, my Lord?" Harry asked curiously.

"With the new discoveries we made after you left, we were able to investigate the connection between our two universes much more closely. The results were shocking, to say the least. It seems that your arrival here caused massive damage in the barriers of the two worlds, and to repair that, it seems our worlds have merged in a small part." Lanus explained.

"So, does that mean..." Harry's hope rose.

"Yes, my boy. Since there is no way to repair this, it would seem your world and ours are one now. Therefore, I am revoking my orders banning you from returning here. A ship will arrive soon to build a portal device we just finished in orbit here, and Iwill send you all the support you need. Oh, and you'll be getting a guest with the ship. The Order is on standby at the moment, and she is free as I will take personal command of the fleet. Until we meet again, Kosh Dar-Tuor." Lanus nodded lightly, and closed the transmission.

"Spread the word. We'll be getting support from the home world, not to mention a very important guest." Harry said to his clansmen.

"My Lord, where should I place her Ladyship?" His third asked.

"With me." Harry grinned and left in eager anticipation for his beloved.

He didn't have to wait long. In just fifteen minutes, he was on the floor, getting his tonsils cleaned and polished.

No words were spoken between them, but then again, no words were needed. Their eyes told each other everything they needed to know.

"Hey kid, no hard feelings about that knife, right?" Sophia greeted Hermione.

"I should not have been so disrespectful, my Lady." Hermione bowed her head lightly, accepting she was simply better than her, not just as a Lantrisi, but as a person as well.

"Save the formal crap for my father. You're a highborn, love, you can call me Sophia." She smiled and leaned to whisper lightly in her ear. "By the way, I don't mind sharing." With a wink, she and Harry walked away in silence, but having arather lively mental dialogue.

As this went on, the minister of magic had a rather difficult discussion with the prime minister.

"I hope you have good news this time. From what I know, there have been no more strange occurrences, so I guess the war on your end is over?" The prime minister asked.

"Things have become rather complicated as of late. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has lost the war, yes." Scrimgeour replied.

"I sense a but here." The prime minister asked.

"But, we have been unable to find him. He simply vanished from sight. We have men looking for him, but we've had little luck. This is not why I have come, though. The reason we won was the support we got from Harry Potter and his kind." Scrimgeour made no attempt to hide his dislike.

"You don't seem to like this Harry Potter." The prime minister turned curious.

"It's more fear than dislike. He and his kind are dangerous. In the last two months, he and four others of his kind killed at least three hundred wizards in England and West Europe with terrifying ease. And the worst thing is, their numbers are increasing as we speak." Scrimgeour replied.

"My god. What sort of people are these?" The prime minister asked.

"Vampires, unlike any I have ever seen. Yes, you heard me right. They are vampires. The good part is they have ways to create the blood they need. The bad part is, they have annexed this world." Scrimgeour reached the bad part of the news.

"What?" The prime minister could only stare in shock.

"Potter is apparently a clan lord of this race, and has made this planet his own. In fact, he has sent me here to inform you that you and the queen are to meet him tomorrow at noon at his base." Scrimgeour said, his hatred for Potter rising rapidly.

"And he expects us to simply do as he says?" The prime minister asked incredulously.

"Yes, he does. The fact is, prime minister, you have no choice but to obey. He and his men are too strong, not only that, but they can all do magic as well. Plus, he also has a ship in orbit. If you remember that meteor shower a few months back?"Scrimgeour asked and the prime minister's eyes widened comically.

"That was him?"A short nod was all the response he needed.

"I see. I will speak with the queen at once. Can you tell me how we should behave around him?"The prime minister asked wearily.

"I talked to his second, she's a young girl that was turned for about a year or so, and she told me. You should address him as a Lord at all times, and never speak to him as you are equal or superior, as you are neither." Scrimgeour replied.

"How arrogant."The prime minister hissed.

"It is true, none the less. A word of advice, prime minister. Be cautious, he will not hesitate to kill you if you provoke him." Scrimgeour said, and left via floo.

The prime minister shook his head, and called his driver. He had to speak with the queen, and he had a feeling he wouldn't like it.

The next day, both the prime minister and the queen were taken via portkey to the Lantrisi base.

"Ah, right on time. Please, follow me, his Lordship is eager to meet you." A young man greeted them and led them trough the metal structure.

Finally, they arrived in a huge hall decorated with banners portraying an eye split with alightning bolt. At the opposite end on a simple throne sat a young man with messy black hair and piercing green eyes. On a smaller throne to his left sat an incredibly beautiful woman who looked at the arrivals with sharp, predatory eyes, making them feel like mice under the gaze of a hawk.

To the right stood a young woman with auburn hair, her head bowed lightly. She spoke as the queen and prime minister approached the throne.

"My Lord Storm-Eye, presenting the Queen and Prime Minister of Great Britain."

The man looked at his guests expectantly, and they both bowed lightly.

"So good of you to come. You are no doubt, wondering why I called you here?" Harry spoke calmly.

"We did ask ourselves that question, yes." The queen replied.

"Simple. I wish to reveal our presence to the general populace." Harry smirked at their shocked faces.

"What? But that would cause mass panic throughout the country. It's madness." The prime minister shouted.

"Let me worry about that. I recently received several support ships from the home world carrying many supplies, as well as more men. We can easily handle any riots. With non-lethal force, of course." Harry told them with his usual calm voice that seemed to annoy nearly all humans.

"And what will you do once you go public?" The queen asked.

"Expand recruitment with the Muggle population for starters, begin building advanced power plants, medical centers, schools, etc. We'll start here on the Isles, and eventually expand our influence to Europe and the world." Harry replied.

"You really think you can simply take over the world?" The queen asked hotly.

"I don't think, I know I can. I can just as easily convert the planet, but I decided to take things slow, and give humanity a chance to get used to us. Don't think for asecond you can get rid of us. Your armed forces won't stand a chance against us, and as for your nuclear arsenal, well, our ships can easily neutralize them. I would prefer it if you don't force my hand into violence." Harry continued.

"The people will not simply submit to this." The queen spoke angrily.

"I don't expect them to. Many will join us willingly. Those that don't are of no concern to me. As long as they don't cause trouble, they can do what they want." Harry's voice began to lose its calmness.

"I see. It seems we don't have much choice in the matter, do we?" The prime minister stated.

"You finally begin to understand. I think there is nothing else to discuss. You are dismissed." Harry raised his hand, and four armed guards approached the two humans.

"I expect the announcement to be made by the end of the day." Harry told them before the guards escorted them away.

"You handled that well, love. I don't understand why aren't you using the injectors?" Sophia asked Harry.

"I can't force them, love, it just feels wrong." Harry sighed.

"You're far too kind, love. That's why I love you so much." She giggled lightly.

"We have a lot of work to do now. Start gathering riot control equipment, and have the men train with them. Have the engineers prepare plans to modernize Britain, and begin replicating the necessary supplies. Put the assimilation chambers on full standby, and make sure we have a steady supply of nanites." Harry turned to Hermione.

"At once, my Lord." She bowed deeply, and went to carry out his orders.

Far away, in ashadowy room, a sinister plot was brewing.

"You have failed, Lord Voldemort." A shadowy figure said with a raspy voice.

"It was not my fault, Lord Groont. Everything was going as planned, even with the delay the prophecy inficted on me. Potter's return, however, destroyed those plans. Using only magic, my forces were no match for his forces. The technology he has is superior to anything we have. Also, his kind has proven to have incredible biological advantages. Considering this, it is of little surprise I lost."Voldemort hissed.

"No one blames you, Lord Voldemort." A third figure with a hissing voice joined them. "Your progress was clear to this council, and there was little question that success was imminent. However, your defeat raises some concern. This new race could prove a treat to us. From your reports, it is clear they are quite advanced, and should they fully absorb Earth, they could quickly become one of the strongest forces in the known galaxy." Several talks erupted when the figure finished.

"What do you suggest we do, Lord Shaarsh?" A fourth figure asked.

"We must observe Earth closer. Post spies and sentries on the planet and in the system. Should they prove a treat, we will eliminate them." Lord Shaarsh replied, and as one, twelve different voices cheered.
Sign up to rate and review this story