Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Without a Sound

Beating Hearts, Baby

by MyChemicalDependency 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-02 - Updated: 2007-09-03 - 1597 words

0Unrated
"Fuck it, I can't do it," he said, shaking his head despondently.

"Come on, Frankie, how hard can it be?" Mikey sighed. It was a little bitch of him, but we HAD been standing in the hospital parking lot for at least ten minutes.

"Frankie, it won't be so bad," I said reassuringly. "And I'll be holding your hand the whole time, remember?" I added, grabbing his hand in mine. He looked at my hand for a minute, and then up at me.

"Okay," he breathed. "Let's go."

Mikey looked like he was gonna laugh, and Gerard looked equal parts puzzled and offended, but I didn't care. Hell, if I had to fuck Frankie to get him to go into that hospital, I would have. (Figuratively speaking.) As I walked ahead of them, I practically had to pull Frankie behind me. But at least he wasn't yelling.

We went up to the reception desk, Frankie still clutching my hand nervously with his right hand, and his nose with the other. The nurse looked up at us.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

'No, we're fine, that's why Frankie here has his face covered with blood,' I thought irritably. "Yeah, um, my friend fell over, and...we think he broke his nose," I said, trying to be polite.

"All right. If you'll just take a seat over there, one of our doctors will be with you as soon as possible," she said, gesturing towards the inevitable row of plastic chairs and coffee table covered with magazines.

"Thanks," I sighed. We all walked over to the chairs and sat down.

"Hey, this is actually pretty funny," Gerard said, laughter in his voice. Frankie glared harshly at him--Mikey too, for that matter. "No, I didn't mean, like...fuck, never mind."

I smiled at him to let him know that I wasn't mad at him for making a joke, however stupid the said joke might've been. I closed my eyes, and leaned my head against his shoulder. I could feel Frankie and Mikey staring at me, but I really could not give a fuck right then. I was tired, and I didn't want to lean on Frankie, because he was kind of covered with blood. So my only other option was Gerard--and he's the one I would most want to sleep on, anyways. So it all worked in my advantage.

Gerard kind of layed his head on top of mine as we sat there. Frankie was still gripping my hand, and Mikey was...god, what WAS he doing? It looked like he was singing, only there was no sound coming from his mouth. I was concentrating on his lips (ignore how wrong that sounded), trying to figure out what he was--or rather wasn't--saying, when the nurse came over and tapped me on the shoulder. I jumped slightly, and Gerard and I untangled our heads and looked up at her.

"The doctor is ready to see your--" she paused and gestured towards Frankie, "friend now."

Frankie gulped, but I stood up and pulled him up with me. "Thanks," I said. She turned and started walking down a corridor, so we followed her. When we got to a door, the nurse turned back around.

"I'm sorry, but..." she trailed off as she looked apologetically at me. "You can't go in with him."

"What?" I gasped. Frankie just stared at her.

"No minors, except for the patient, can enter the operating room," she said.

"But he's not getting an operation," I said. I could tell Frankie was on the verge of major wiggage.

"Yes, but the doctor's usual examination room is under maintenance, so he's using the operating theatre for now," she said. "So while he won't be performing an actual operation, I still can't let you in. State regulations."

"Then I'm not going in either," Frankie said resolutely.

"Frankie, you have to go," I told him. "We didn't come all this way for nothing. And I don't want your face to be ruined!"

"But you promised!" he said desperately. "You promised you'd hold my hand!" The nurse raised her eyebrows slightly. Bitch.

"I know I did," I said. "But I can't go in there. Sometimes people can't keep their promises...no matter how much they might want to." I knew it sounded incredibly corny, but if it would help keep Frankie calm, then I didn't care.

"But why?" he pleaded, turning to the nurse. "She won't do anything wrong! I need her there!"

The nurse looked hesitant for a second before shaking her head. "I'm sorry, I really wish I could, but it could mean my job."

Frankie looked around. I knew what he was thinking: there was no way out. I felt so bad for him. Finally he turned back to us.

"Okay," he said shakily. "I'll do it."

"Alright, just follow me, then," the nurse chirped.

I pulled Frankie towards me and hugged him--I couldn't help it, he looked so scared and forlorn.

"Just think happy thoughts," I whispered.

"Thanks," he whispered back. And then he was gone.

I slowly walked back to the waiting room. Gerard stood up when I came in.

"What happened?" he asked. "Where's Frankie?"

"With the doctor," I sighed, looking from him to Mikey. "The nurse wouldn't let me go in with him."

"Fuck," Gerard swore under his breath. "I hope he doesn't freak out or anything."

I nodded in agreement, slumping back down in my seat next to him. No-one talked. I wondered if Ray and Bob were having fun at the comic store. Honestly, I would rather be at some lame sale than sitting here worrying myself sick about Frankie. I couldn't explain why, but I felt really close to him, even though I'd only known him for about two days. I think I even felt closer to him than I did to Gerard--but that's because I didn't have to worry if Frankie was really being sincere or not. I knew he liked Dee, so he was pretty much safe ground for me.

This is fucked up, man. Gerard is pretty much the first guy who I've ever thought might actually like me. All those other times...well, I always knew it was just for fun, you know? But with Gerard...well, this is gonna come out as probably they lamest thing I've ever said, but I've never felt this way about a guy before. (Or girl, for that matter. Ha ha.)

Gerard sighed as he reached over and interlaced his fingers with mine. I could tell Mikey was only reading that crappy gossip mag to save us all the awkwardness of looking at each other, and for the thousandth time I asked myself whether or not either of them liked me. Damn it.

After what seemed like hours, we spotted the bitchy nurse, leading a harried-looking Frankie behind her, who had a white bandage on his nose. We all jumped up at the same instant, Mikey accidentally dropping his copy of People on the floor.

"Are you okay, Frankie?" Mikey asked, sounding frantic. Frankie just shrugged a little.

"He's fine," the nurse smiled, and I raised an eyebrow. Who asked HER? "He just needs to keep that bandage on his nose for another week or so, and it'll be right. No crooked nose!"

"Thanks," Gerard said. She smiled again and turned on her heel, practically marching back to the reception desk. We all stood there for a few seconds, unsure of what to do. But then Gerard reached out and pulled Frankie into a hug. They hugged for a little while, while Mikey stared at the floor. I was staring at Gerard and Frank, with my head tilted to the side and my mouth hanging open a little, thinking about how incredibly hot that was.

Gerard pulled back from Frank and suddenly it seemed all eyes were on me. Mikey started to snicker.

"Umm, Verity?" Gerard said. He kind of waved his hand in front of my face. "Are you there?"

"Uhh...yeahuh?" I closed my mouth, blinked a few times, and looked around. "What?" I asked Mikey, who was laughing.

"Oh, nothing...just that you were having some major mantasies about Frankie and Gerard just then," he laughed.

"I...what? No I wasn't," I lied, feeling myself blush.

Frankie started laughing, and then stopped abruptly.

"Augh, it hurts like fuck when I laugh," he groaned, although still smirking at me.

"Let's go," Mikey said, leading the way. Frankie followed him and Gerard slipped his arm around my waist as we started to walk.

"You WERE having mantasies, weren't you?" he accused with a mischievous grin. I blushed a little more.

"No. Well...kind of. Okay, a lot," I laughed, although quietly, so Mikey couldn't hear me.

"Well it's nothing to be ashamed of," he whispered. "I mean, we're both hot, so I can understand." I stifled a laugh.

"You...you...you are rude, uncouth, and a little more than average good-looking," I said, with my best attempt at an angry glare. Which was a pretty sad one, actually. Gerard burst out laughing really loudly, causing both Frankie and Mikey to look back at us.

"I got a confession!" Gerard yelled--we were in the parking lot now, so it was okay. Frankie's face lit up, and he waited for us to catch up before wrapping his arm around my waist as well.

"Well you know, Verity, if you ever feel like having a little, er...threesome..." he trailed off.

Holy fucking shit...were they ALL mind-readers!?

Note the sarcasm in my voice.
Sign up to rate and review this story