Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Lipgloss Through My Veins

Chapter Eighteen

by missbatcountry

Gerard attempts to take Scarlet to the hospital.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-03 - Updated: 2007-09-03 - 2669 words

?Blocked
Chapter Eighteen
“Fuck fuck FUCK!” Gerard yelled as he sped down the street waiting for Bob to answer his phone. The stress was mounting and Gerard was becoming more and more frantic by the second. He had no idea what to do.

“Gee man! I told you no sex in my car.” A very drunken Bob slurred when he finally answered his phone.

“Bob, I’m in a bit of trouble and I don’t know what to do. Man, I’m so sorry, I know no one but you drives your car but I had to… it’s an emergency. Scarlet’s really fucked up!” Gerard said, words pouring out of his mouth like a running tap.

“Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. What wrong with Scarlet?” Bob asked locking his free ear, trying desperately to hear Gerard’s panicked voice over the dull roar of the nightclub music.

This statement immediately got the attention of the remainder of the group. Their drunkenness seemed to fade quickly as they listened in to Bob’s conversation.

“I don’t know. I came back out to the car and I found her passed out practically in a pile of her own puke. She won’t wake up, she’s looks really messed up. I don’t think it’s just the alcohol, I think she may have over dosed by accident. I don’t know man, I don’t fuckin know. I’m taking her to the hospital. I just don’t know what else to do. I’m sorry about taking your car man. I really am.” Gerard said as he drifted Bob’s car around a sharp corner, wheels sliding out from the wet road causing them to squeal when they once again gripped the surface of the street.

“Gee, dude. It’s okay, you need to calm down. I don’t care about my car right now, I’m worried about Scarlet. Look we’ll catch a cab down to the hospital and meet you there. Okay. Are you taking her to Saint Michael’s or Main Street?” Bob asked realising there were two hospitals both equal distance from the nightclub Gerard and Scarlet had previously been at.

Gerard took a few deep breaths and looked over at Scarlet before answering.

“Look bro, there’s no way you guys will be able to get a cab at this time of a night, you’ll be waiting for hours. And even if you did get a cab, you’re all too drunk. There’s no way they will let you in here in that state. I can handle this. I’ll call you if anything changes okay.” Gerard said finally gaining control of his emotions.

“Gerard, it’s cool, we’ll get there. Just tell me which hospital.” Bob said again.

“Bob, I said we’ll be fine. I’ll call you later bro. Promise,” Gerard said before hastily hanging up his cell. He was under enough stress as it was, he didn’t need an argument with Bob to top his night off.

“Hello? Gerard, hello?” Bob said before realising his friend had hung up on him. He closed his cell and turned to face his concerned looking friends.

“What’s going on? What’s wrong with Scarlet?” Frank asked clearly distressed.

“Gerard thinks she might have over dosed. He found her passed out in the parking lot, she won’t wake up. He’s taking her to the hospital.” Bob said, his mind running a mile a minute.

“What the fuck? Well what are we waiting for, let’s get a cab and get over there. Where are they going?” Mikey asked standing and collecting his things from the table.

“He wouldn’t say. He said we wouldn’t be able to get a cab and that we would be too drunk anyway.” Bob said clearly frustrated.
“What the fuck? Why does he always have to do this shit?” Mikey asked sitting back down.

“I don’t know bro, but he said he’d call us if anything changes, all we can do is sit and wait.” Bob said sadly as he took a sip of his beer.

Scarlet had begun to stir in her seat.

“Shhh Scarlet it’s okay. You’re safe.” Gerard said gently looking over at her.

“Where am I?” she mumbled still not opening her eyes.

“In Bob’s car with me, Gerard. I’m taking you to the hospital. Everything is going to be okay.” Gerard reassured her.

“What?” Scarlet yelled immediately sitting up right and opening her eyes wide.

“Please don’t take me to the hospital, I hate the hospital. Please Gerard, please don’t take me there.” Scarlet said frantically.

“Scarlet you’re fucked up, I have to. There might be something seriously wrong.” Gerard said firmly.

“No. Please Gerard, just take me home. Please, I can’t go to the hospital. If you don’t take me home I’m gonna jump out of the car while your driving. I swear I’ll do it. Take me home!” She screamed. Scarlet was totally freaking out over him taking her to the hospital. It was extremely odd.

“Scarlet, please, you’re sick.” Gerard said as he continued to drive towards Saint Michael’s hospital.

“No!” she screamed once more before attempting to open the car door and jump out.

Gerard slammed on the breaks and grabbed Scarlet by the arm preventing her from jumping out.

“Calm the fuck down Scar. Just chill okay. I’ll take you home, okay. I’ll take you home.” Gerard finally gave in.

“Promise?” Scarlet asked wearily looking over at Gerard intensely.

“I promise. Tell me your address and I’ll take you home.” Gerard sighed, not really sure he’d made the right decision.

“Here.” Scarlet said reaching down into her boot flopping around like a rag doll. She pulled out her license and passed it to Gerard.

Gerard examined it for a moment before pulling into a drive way and turning around.

“That’s right near Bob’s house, we’ll be there soon. Just close your eyes and try to sleep.” Gerard said as he passed her back her i.d.

“Thanks Gerard, I mean it. I’m feeling better already.” Scarlet lied still trying to avoid the trip to the hospital.

“Just sleep.” Gerard said softly before turning his full attention to the road ahead of him.

It wasn’t long before Gerard pulled up to what appeared to be Scarlet’s house. Scarlet lay in the passenger seat quietly with her eyes shut trying to surpress the need to vomit. She had told Gerard that she was feeling much better, which wasn’t a lie, she was definitely feeling better then she did when Gerard found her, but she still wasn’t feeling great.

“Ok Scar, we’re here. I’ll come round and get you k. Just wait a second.” Gerard said before getting out of the car and walking around to get Scarlet out of the car.

Scarlet got out of the car a little shaky. Her vision was still blurry and her ability to get her limbs to follow what her brain was telling them to do was more then impaired.

Gerard put Scarlet’s arm around his shoulder and pulled her out of the car, walking her to the front porch.

“Where’s your key?” Gerard asked setting Scarlet down on the edge of the porch.

“Uh, it’s right… FUCK!” Scarlet screamed holding her head in her hands.

“Are you ok?” A concerned Gerard asked.

“Yeah I’m fine, it’s just that Asha has the key to the house.” Scarlet said not looking up.

“Do you have a spare?’

“It’s inside on the kitchen bench, I locked myself out earlier today and forgot to put it back. Damn it!” Scarlet screamed. She had had just about enough of this night, it was all going well until she had those lines and now things were getting worse and worse.

“Look, we can just call Ash ok.” Gerard said pulling out his phone ready to get Ash’s number from Scarlet.

“Ouch, fuck!” Scarlet screamed doubling over and clutching her stomach.

“What, are you ok?” Gerard asked putting his hand on Scarlet’s back.

“Wait here!” Scarlet said before getting up, and stumbling over to the nearby garden. She tripped and fell onto her hands and knees just in front of the flowerbed and began to vomit. She couldn’t hold it down anymore. She didn’t want Gerard to see her like this. She hated it when people watched her throw up, it made her feel uncomfortable. She wasn’t one of those girls who needed someone to stand beside her to hold her hair and tell her everything would be ok. She just preferred to be left alone.

Gerard stayed put on the porch like Scarlet had told him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his smokes, lighting one and putting it to his lips. He looked over to the direction that Scarlet had stumbled. All he could see were the bottoms of her boots sticking out from the garden, which was accompanied by the sound of the contents of Scarlet’s stomach quietly hitting the black dirt in her flowerbed.

It wasn’t long before the noises stopped and soon enough Gerard had finished his cigarette. He was tempted to pull out another one but decided it would be best to check on Scarlet first, as he hadn’t heard a peep out of her in a while.

He walked over to Scarlet and found her yet again passed out. Unfortunately for her, this time she wasn’t as lucky as she had been in the parking lot, with Gerard finding her lying in her own vomit.

Gerard merely sighed and picked Scarlet up in his arms, wiping her face with his sleeve. This had gone on far enough. He contemplated taking her to the hospital but he had already agreed that he wouldn’t take her there. Gerard thought for a moment before finally deciding that the only safe place he could take her was his place.

It was a short drive to Gerard’s place, all because he had broken almost every road rule known to man, just so he could get Scarlet home to a warm bed. All of the lights were off in the house, which meant Gerard’s mom was asleep. He thanked god that she wasn’t up, he really wasn’t in the mood to explain to his mother why he was taking a semi-conscious girl down to his bedroom. Gerard was more concerned with making sure Scarlet would make it through the night.

Despite the great amount of difficulty, Gerard finally got a passed out Scarlet downstairs to his room. He pulled back the covers and carefully laid her on his bed. He removed her boots and moved to his drawers to find something for her to wear. Everything was going to be way too big. Before taking one more look at a sleeping Scarlet, Gerard went back upstairs to retrieve a big glass of water, a bucket and some of Mikey’s clothes so Scarlet could be more comfortable. Gerard was extra careful to be super quiet so he didn’t wake his mother and soon returned with the required items. He put the bucket next to the bed, as well as the glass of water and then moved to try and wake Scarlet up.

‘Scar, Scar, wake up babe. You need to get out of those clothes. I’m worried that your corset is going to restrict your breathing. Come on honey.” Gerard said softly, gently shaking Scarlet’s body.

Scarlet slowly but surely opened her eyes. They were blood shot and glazed over, it was as if all of the life and emotion had been zapped out of her eyes. She didn’t even look like Scarlet.

“Hmmm?” Scarlet asked stretching a little.

“Come on I’ve got you some clothes to change into. Just put these on for me and then you can go back to sleep k.” Gerard said quietly.

Scarlet slowly sat up and began trying to undo the back of her corset with no luck. Gerard smiled at her predicament before offering his more able hands.

“Here I’ll do it.”

“Thanks” Scarlet replied closing her eyes, enjoying Gerard’s touch.

He untied her top and then moved to his bathroom.

“Just give me a yell if you need any help, otherwise let me know when you’re done k.’ Gerard said before disappearing into his bathroom.

Gerard sat down and ventured into his bathroom cupboard to retrieve the one thing that would help calm him down after the night’s events. He pulled out his home made bong and his pre-chopped weed and packed himself a large cone which he pulled in one big toke. Gerard then decided it was best to send Bob a text. He wanted to call but didn’t mentally have the strength to deal with a conversation with his drunken friends. He couldn’t cope with being harassed by Mikey for not telling them where he was going. He pulled out his phone and began to type.

Hey Bro,
Scarlet woke up and freaked when I told her I was taking her to the hospital. Wanted to take her back to her place but she’s locked out. She passed out again so I’ve taken her back to my place. I’ll keep a close eye on her over night and let you know if anything changes.
Thanks for understanding,
Gee

It wasn’t long before Gerard got a text back from Bob.

Hey Dude,
I really hope things are as okay as you say they are. We’re all going back to my house for the night so give us a call if you need anything. We’re all so worried but we trust your judgement. If we don’t hear from you can I assume you’ll meet us at my place tomorrow afternoon for band practice?
Let me know.
Bob

Gerard read the text and quickly replied assuring Bob that things were fine and that he would be at band practice with bells on before packing himself another bong and slamming it down. He had been sitting in the bathroom for a while now, 7 bongs to be exact but had heard nothing from Scarlet. He decided that it was time to check on her. He slowly opened the door and peeked out, not wanting to walk in on Scarlet getting changed.

“Scar. Are you done?’

Nothing.

“Scarlet?”

Silence.

“Scar? I’m coming out ok.” Gerard called out slowly moving into his room.

He crept out of the bathroom and was soon in full view of his bed. Scarlet was curled up in a tiny ball fast asleep. She was so out of it she must have forgotten to call out to Gerard. He moved over to her pulling the blanket over her tiny frame before taking one last look at her. He smiled, she was beautiful and slept so peacefully considering what she had been through. She had been such a trooper in comparison to how most girls would have reacted to the situation she found herself in. If she could pull through the night, he would consider her to be nothing short of a hero. This gave Gerard an idea. He sat himself down at his desk before pulling out his sketchbook and pencils. He started to draw like there was no tomorrow, finally he had his idea for his art project. He spent the rest of the night drawing and occasionally making sure Scarlet was ok. It seemed strange to him how such great inspiration could come from such a horrendous evening, but rather then questioning it, he merely embraced it.
Sign up to rate and review this story