Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation

Jealous

by blinkie 0 reviews

This story is a collection of oneshots on the theme of jealousy in the Gravitation world. Chapter 1 up: Tohma x Mika.

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Mika,Tohma - Published: 2007-09-04 - Updated: 2007-09-04 - 788 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own nor claim to own Gravitation and/or any of its characters. They belong to Maki Murakami.

-----------

Jealous: Understand Me Too

Except for the dim glow of the hall lights, the house was dark when Tohma entered. He hung his coat and hat on the rack by the doorway and walked quietly up the stairs. As he approached the bedroom, he saw a figure standing in the doorway.

"Mika." He stated flatly. "You shouldn't have waited. Go back to sleep now." He stepped forward, but Mika blocked his way. She glared at him, and he stared calmly back.

"This is the fourth time in a row you've come home this late."

"Is it? No wonder my eyes are falling shut already." He smiled perfunctorily and tried to move around her. "Excuse me, please." But Mika stood her ground.

"Mika," he said sternly. "It's been a long day, and I want to sleep."

She took a step forward and sniffed, frowning.

"That's not your perfume, Tohma." She crossed her arms over her chest. "3 AM Tohma. Where have you been?"

His eyes flashed. "Probably I've been to the mall to buy myself a new bottle."

Hurt flashed on her face, but she pressed on.

"Isn't that..." She tried to swallow. "...Sakuma's perfume?"

Tohma nodded curtly. "So it is. And your point?"

Mika opened her mouth to reply, but nothing came out. Lowering her gaze, she finally stepped aside. Tohma entered the bedroom, taking off his tie and unbuttoning his shirt. Mika watched this in apathetic silence. Then, as if waking from sleep, she shook her head vigorously and stomped inside, planting herself directly in front of him.

"Why are you doing this to me, Tohma? What did I ever do to deserve this?" Her bloodshot eyes sparked with anger.

Tohma calmly met her glare. "Doing what, Mika?"

"Oh, don't play dumb with me! Keeping me up worrying about you, ignoring my phone calls, ignoring /me/, why are you doing this?!"

Tohma spread his hands elegantly. "I've been busy, that's all."

"Busy!" She exploded. "Busy doing what? Busy with your record label, your bands? Or busy messing with Sakuma Ryuichi?" Her lower lip began to quiver, and she bit down hard. "Too damn busy for your own wife?" She spat out.

Tohma turned away, running his hands through his hair. "Yes, I am busy with NG and ASK and a slew of other bands." He deliberately ignored the question on Ryuichi. "You should understand, Mika. You knew what you were getting into when you married me."

"Understand?" She repeated with wide-eyed incredulity. "Oh, you did not say that. You're telling me to understand?" Her hand, balled in a fist, slammed down on the dresser. Tohma winced at the sound, shutting his eyes in irritation.

"Are you so blind that you don't see how far I've 'understood' you! I know you married me just to get close to Eiri! Don't you fucking tell me to understand because I've been doing that since day one! I'm way over my head understanding you!" Tears brimmed in her eyes and she impatiently swiped at them.

"Mika, can you lower your voice? I'm getting a headache." He rubbed his forehead.

"It's time you opened your eyes and see me, Tohma," she continued relentlessly. "I'm your wife. I should be priority in everything you do. Not your bitches at NG, not your damn record company, not anything but me."

With a resigned sigh, Tohma shoved his hands in his pockets and began walking away. Mika's hand hit the dresser again.

"I'm not done Tohma! Come back here /now/."

"I suddenly remembered." His voice dripped with false cheer. "I'm needed at the office." He stopped at the valet and took out a fresh handkerchief. She stomped up to him and grabbed his sleeve angrily.

"Stop screwing with me Tohma!"

"There's an important record deal later, and I need to wash the windows and polish the tables," Tohma replied rudely.

"What?! Wash the -- are you /serious/?"

He gave a short mirthless chuckle. "That'll be the day. But in any case, I doubt I'll find any peaceful sleep here. Now excuse me." He tried to brush her hand off, but she gripped him tighter.

"Tohma..." A tear slid down her cheek.

"Yes?" He looked over his shoulder, green eyes flashing with anger. Eyes widening, Mika took a trembling step back. Nothing in his gaze suggested the presence of the sweet, angelic man she had married years ago.

"Nothing." She released him and turned away, hugging herself. "Go away, and leave, like you always do."

And even after the car's diabolic shriek died down, she continued to hold herself in the gloom.

- end -









Sign up to rate and review this story