Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Of Truths and Lies

Chapter 6: Training and Sleepless Nights

by SongOfAFallenAngel 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-09-04 - Updated: 2007-09-04 - 724 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke'sSister.

Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of Truth & Lies

Chapter 6
Training and Sleepless Nights

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About a half an hour later, Jason and I are finally in the clearing where I fought the demon yesterday. I stand there for moment, looking around, when I suddenly feel something coming towards me. With out a second thought I pull my katana out of my sheath and whip around to face my attacker.

The clang of metal on metal fills the clearing as my blade narrowly stops another katana from beheading me. Forgetting about my attacker for a moment, I stare in shock at my own blade, not quite being able to believe what I just did.

Suddenly breaking out of my shock, my eyes travel up the other person's katana, up their arm and to their face. I am surprised to see the smirking face of my own brother there. My confusion quickly turns into anger as I push my brother off.

"What the hell was that for?!" I shout angrily.

"Just checking your reflexes," Jason answers, a grin still on his face. "And from what I just saw, you're going to be pretty good with that blade."

I blink at Jason's compliment and slowly nod. "O... kay..." I say.

Jason nods in a satisfied manner. "Now," he begins. "We'll start with how to hold your katana. You place you hands like this and-" For the next five hours Jason teaches me how block and some basic attacks and stances before he finally says that we will stop for the day and immediately collapse.

"Are you sure it's Bashere trying to kill me and not you?" I wheeze out.

Jason gives me dry look. "That wasn't even hard, just the basics, and need I remind you that Bashere is trying to kill both of us?" he says.

Ignoring the second part of his answer, I continue to whine. "What do you mean not hard?!" I say. "I can't even move! And besides, it's already 8 O'clock and I haven't had anything to eat since lunch!"

"Then let's head back," Jason says starts to head out of the clearing.

I glare at my brother's retreating back and mumble, "I would if I could stand."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night I lay in bed, thoroughly exhausted, but unable to fall asleep. I didn't know why, I mean it was really late - or early, whichever way you want to look at it - and my muscles were screaming for me to sleep so that they could truly rest. But still, I just couldn't sleep. Maybe it was the shock of everything that has happened to me just in the last two days or something? Well whatever it is, I don't know the answer.

I turn over several more times before I finally sit up in bed. Glancing toward my window I slowly - and tiredly - sing out of bed and tip toe over to my window seat. Sitting down with my head resting against the glass, I look out over the city. Not too far away I can even see the forest that Jason and I had been practicing today.

I close my eyes for a moment and then open them when I feel a warmth on my eyelids. Looking out the window for a second time I can see a full moon shining down on me, it's light like a beacon through the night.

I sigh contentedly and close my eyes again. Before I know it, I am already asleep.

--/Dream/--

Darkness. That's all there is for as far as the eye can see. But why am I floating in darkness? And why can I think unlike in a regular dream?

"That's because this is no ordinary dream" a voice booms around me.

"Who are you?" I ask as I look around wildly, trying to figure out where the voice came from. I am answered by a booming laugh. I shiver at the sound of it. It's so evil sounding, so hollow.

"You know my name" it says.

I furrow by brow in confusion for a moment before my eyes suddenly widen in realization and fear. "Bashere"


--/End Dream/--

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story