Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 17

by x_Charlie_x 3 reviews

Part 17. I was going to wait longer to give the cliffhangers longer to settle but i like updating in pairs too much....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-06 - Updated: 2007-09-06 - 996 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 17
Mikey’s POV- ‘Hold on to me and never let me go.’
We walk down the semi-familiar streets that lead to Charli’s house. We talk about silly things and make plans to meet up on Tuesday for a study date. Although just how I’m meant to revise while she’s sat across for me pulling her sexy concentrating face I’m not sure. We reach her road and my heart goes into overdrive.
“Earth to Mikey?”
“Huh?” I ask, turning back to where her voice came from to see that she’s stopped a few houses back. I walk back to her side and stop in front of her.
“I said you can come in for a while if you want to? It’s still quite early and if you’re here I won’t feel like I have to revise.”
“Yeah sure. Sounds good.” I reply, phew more time. She smiles and leads me up the path, she takes a key out of her pocket and we enter her house.
“Mum! I’m back!” She calls out. Heading down the hall towards a large room at the end of the hall. “I’ve got Mikey with me.” she says, poking her head around a door half way along the hall way.
“Who dear?” A woman’s voice asks.
“Mikey.” Without warning she grabs my arm and pulls me towards the doorway and into the view of her Mum.
“Oh hello.” She says cheerfully. She’s sat at a table with another woman in what looked like the kitchen with a table randomly stuck in the middle of it.
“You can go now.” Charli whispers in my ears and I quickly follow her to the large living room at the back of her house.
We settle on the sofa and flick the TV on. Hollyoaks comes on and I realise that it really isn’t that late at all. I’m suddenly aware that I sat down on the sofa a bit too close to Charli. She must have noticed, well now or never. “Charli?” I ask nervously. She turns her head to face me.
“Yeah.”
“Well, I know we haven’t seen each other much out of school and stuff yet but I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out with me… maybe.”
“Finally! Yes Mikey I will.” She beams and snuggles up to me.” I put my arm around her shoulders and smile to myself.
“What do you mean finally?”
“Well, it did take you the entire walk home and then a quarter of Hollyoaks to ask me.”
“How do girls know these things?” I ask with exasperation. “You could have put me out of my misery.”
“Where’s the fun in that?” she asks me. I kiss the top of her head and hold her tight.
F*ck Katie, this was heaven.

Amy’s POV- ‘Shallow it seems but I need you here.’
I jump up and open the living room door that I had automatically shut behind me and Frank. My Dad’s lying on the floor of the hall moaning quietly to himself and two men and stood in the doorway looking apprehensive.
“What the hell?” Frank asks, he was at my side but I didn’t want him to be. This is a family thing. No-one else knows, no-one else is meant to know. I can feel my cheeks burning in embarrassment and anger.
“He got a bit too drunk.” One of the men says awkwardly, I not and thank them for bringing them back on autopilot. As soon as the door closes the slumped figure of my Father in the hall vomits then full out passes out. I look at Frank’s shocked and disgusted face, step over my passed out ‘role model’ as gracefully as possible and run upstairs feeling sick with embarrassment and angry tears burning the back of my eyes. I run into my room, slam the door, grab handfuls of clothes, books, ornaments, random possessions and throw them around my room. Frank enters the room in time to see me crumble into a sobbing wreck amongst a pile of exercise books, shoes and underwear.
I let him comfort me for a while, leaning against his chest as he rubs my back and tells me it will be ok. I hope and wish and pray that my Dad will choke on his own vomit. I hate him for ruining that moment. For ruining everything. For being so cr*p at being there for me. Bob was more of a Dad to me than he was. I let Frank tell me it’ll all be Ok but we both know he’s lying.
I pick my head up and wipe my eyes. “Maybe I should go?” Frank says. I wasn’t about to stop hi, though I wish he’d asked to stay. The passed out man in the hall was harmless, but my thoughts and feelings weren’t. I needed him here to protect me from myself. This wasn’t the first time something like this has happened and I’m well aware of how I’ll feel later. Still I stand up and give Frank one last hug goodbye and walk him downstairs to the door where we both try to ignore the moaning drunk on the floor.
“You’ll be Ok?”
“Yeah, I’ll be fine. Don’t… say anything will you?” I ask hesitantly. Not wanting to hurt him by the implications of having to ask but also having to ask for peace of mind.
“Of course not.” He hugs me once more and looks down at me. I think for a minute he’s going to kiss me again. I want him to kiss me again but he doesn’t, he just gives me a sad smile and leaves.
Turning his back on a world he could never understand and doesn’t want to get involved in.
Sign up to rate and review this story