Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Murder Mystery Space Station 13

Chapter 2 - Blood of Brothers

by Sensi 0 reviews

The plot thickens...I guess.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2007-09-08 - Updated: 2007-09-08 - 1477 words

0Unrated
Author's Note - Ah, yes. Email reviews to sensishadeslayer@gmail.com, forgot to say that...

...And nothing was there. Datario chuckled, he was paranoid. He glanced around, then looked down. The blood of Cerberius was running on his shoes. He shivered, the place was beginning to fill with blood. Panic rose up in his army-chilled heart. He had to leave, tell others. He kept a wary finger on his gun and took a step towards the door...There was a crash to the right! He turned quickly, firing three or four taser shots into the right area. He looked towards the side, glancing back there. No one was there. He looked around. Paranoia again...He laughed. There it was again. A shuffle from the right corner. He stepped there, aiming his gun forward. “Come out with your hands up! This is security officer Tuska!”

Karl Marx stirred and groaned. “Remind me never to sleep on benches again.” Farrell sighed and woke up. “Time for my shift again...? Eh?” Karl stood up and stretched. “Eh? There’s...a pond coming from food storage.” The two men stood up and looked at each other. They both moved in. Farrell shrieked and Marx threw up. The pool was blood. “This is disgusting...Farrell, go get the doctor...Oh God, that’s nasty.”

Alex Riggs came out of food storage, and tossed his blood soaked latex gloves aside. Captain Vortez glanced at him. “What’s happened in there, Riggs?” The doctor shook his head. “Well, Cerb’s been injected with a lot of rejuvs...in the heart.” The other three looked at each other. “Which means...?” “His heart exploded.“ The other two shivered. “And all that blood…” “Is not all his. Datario Tuska’s in there too, he was crushed by a few boxes...about fifteen. It was luck that I found him.” Vortez looked at each other. “Riggs, rejuvs are medical items, did you issue them to anyone?” The doctor shook his head. “Nope, I had a bottle on my table, plus you had enough in any ordinary medkit...no, anyone and everyone could have done this.” Vortez looked at Marx and Farrell with suspicion. “Riggs, you’re dismissed....change would you?” Riggs’s white jumpsuit was stained red. “Eh..I guess I’d better.” Alex left, and the captain turned to the other two. “Alright you two, start talking. Who, what, when, where, why, how?“ Farrell began to stammer first, then Marx began to interrupt him. After a couple of minutes of gibberish Vortez cracked their heads together. Farrell moaned, Karl still had his helmet on. “Marx first.’ Marx looked back and forth, if he was nervous. Or maybe guilty? “Well, it started like this…”

Vortez stormed onto the bridge and, in anger, hurled his helmet against the wall. He was furious, his head of research and a security officer killed and only two potential witnesses SLEEP through the crime! He had docked both their pays for laziness, but that wouldn’t help NOW! He slumped down at his desk. He was frightened, he would have killed not to admit it but James Vortez, war veteran, Captain of SS13, was afraid. A murderer was loose, and one clever enough not to get caught, yet crazy enough to leave his bodies mangled and torn to pieces. He touched his headset. “Attention SS13, this is your Captain, James Vortez speaking…” He cocked his head, someone was coming in. Someone that did not want to be seen. “...Please do not come onto the bridge, I have something confidential to attend to. Coming onto the bridge is now a criminal offense, thank you.” The Captain of Space Station 13 pulled a laser gun out of his backpack, and his taser gun out of his belt. The murderer had a gun now, Tuska didn’t have his on his body. But James was confident enough that he could win against any villain, much less a madman. A taser shot echoed through the bridge, missing Vortez by a good distance. He laughed aloud. “Come on little man, come and get me. I’ve got guns, and so do you. This should be good...let’s dance!”

John Dark walked slowly to bridge. Will Riker was ready to preform his experiment, and they needed Captain’s approval since the Late Cerberius Grey was no longer able to preform his duties. John walked unto bridge and giggled softly, the captain was slouched back in his chair, helmet over his eyes. He was asleep. Dark got over his amusement and went up to the captain. “Sir, we’re ready to go in toxins lab...and we…” The research tech blinked, Vortez wasn’t stirring at all. “SIR, WAKE UP!” Still no answer. Dark grumbled to himself and tipped back his helmet. “Sir I....Oh God…” James Vortez’s eyes were rolled up into his skull, which was shredded into bits by some weapon. Dark moved backwards, hands to his mouth. Everything got dizzy for the young technician, and the last thing he saw before losing consciousness was the ceiling.

“John! John Dark! Wake up!”

John Dark stirred and opened one eye, standing over him was the doctor, who’s name escaped him. “John, this is the doctor. You alright?” John sat up and looked around, surrounding him was Gonja Mcnail, Jayven Kuo, and the doctor, whose ID read Alex Riggs, was on the bridge. Kuo and Gonja both looked grim. Jayven spoke first. “Kid...you got a lot of explaining to do. What’s going on here?” John Dark looked around wildly. “Well...u...u...uh...yu..yu...you se…” Gonja grabbed him by the neck and shook him violently. “DON’T STAMMER TO ME, THE CAPTAIN IS DEAD, WHAT HAPPENED HERE KID, TELL US NOW OR THINGS GET UGLY!” Alex broke Mcnail’s hold on the young man. “John, we need to know what happened here. Please tell us.” John Dark looked at the ground. “Y’see...? he muttered, “I came to bridge because, y’know, Mr. Riker is ready to preform his experiment...and, y’know, we need captain’s permission and presence to start, y’know...and I came here and he looked like he was, y’know, asleep, so I went up and yelled in his ear, then I, y’know, tilted his helmet back and…” Dark started turning green. Alex supported him and took him to medbay. Jayven and Mcnail looked at each other. “Nervousness...shaky....sure-fire signs of guiltiness if you ask me.” Gonja looked up. “I don’t know...maybe he grabbed the wirecutters from that toolbox off the table...they’re bloody and covered in bits of skin...Cut the captain’s face into pieces, then realized what he’s done and faints dead away.” Jayven shrugged. “Possibly, let’s watch him closely...very closely…” Gonja looked back as an afterthought and looked through Vortez?s equipment. His face turned ashen. “His ID is gone...and his guns!”

Will Riker was nervous again, he sat in toxins lab. Waiting for that moment when John Dark would follow, with the Captain in tow, and then he would blow his experiment. Maybe even get commendation for it! Riker clapped his hands together and read over his papers. If he was correct, the mixture’s plasma, when placed under extreme heat, would ignite. That would blow the canister, then the oxygen would fuel the fires. It was a greatly effective fire-ignition bomb. He grinned, this was gonna be great. The toxins lab door open, and he looked toward it. “John! Captain! Welcome to my...wait, you aren’t the....what are you doing with that las.…“ Riker fell backward, a laser gun had been used to burn through his biosuit, into his face, and through his brain stem. His heartbeat quickly ceased to function, and Riker died.

Gonja Mcnail opened the toxins lab door, and he wasn’t surprised one bit to see Riker dead. “Yeah, Dark. Things are looking really bad for you right now…” He turned back and went to security.

Miranda Bluegear entered shuttle bay, nervously. She had come to the station a couple months ago, and she was nervous. It always took her a lot of time to get used to people. She entered shuttle bay and looked into space, it always amazed her. Space was infinite, it didn’t matter what the little humans did in it’s infinite majesty. The door behind her opened, and thoughts raced through her head. “Hello?” She said, timidly. “Anyone there..?” No answer came forth, and the sudden knowledge was in her head that she was about to die. She pulled the taser out of her belt, she would not die weakly, as she had lived. Thrill rushed through her, and she fired two shots behind her back. The storm had rolled in.
Sign up to rate and review this story