Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

Cupid's Chokehold

by killxsmile 3 reviews

Confession.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-09-12 - Updated: 2007-09-12 - 759 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: Travis McCoy + your reviews = inspiration.

This one goes out to:
kissbetweenstars
i_heart_cliches
pyrotechnist
ssketchator
dflip07
jewsicax

Thanks for all the kickass feedback!

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Cupid's Chokehold

It's been some time since we last spoke. This is gonna sound like a bad joke, but mama, I fell in love again.
-Gym Class Heroes

*
Pete's POV

"Fuck yeah!" Joe said as he stood up, dropping the PS3 controller to the floor. After a few minutes of his victory dance, he regained enough composure to say something other than "I won! I fucking WON!"

I can't believe this...

"You owe me ten bucks."

Rolling my eyes, I stood up and reached for my wallet. Damnit. How could I lose Mortal Kombat to Joe? All he did was press square...

Just as I was about to pay my debt, my fingers found themselves tracing over an old piece of paper.

Two years. That's how long I'd kept it in my wallet. The edges may have been worn and crinkled, but the images imprinted on its surface were as clear as the day they were taken.

Emi and I were wandering around Navy Pier, looking for a place to eat when we stumbled across a photo booth.

"C'mon," she said, opening the curtain. "It'll be fun."
"A photo booth? Isn't it a bit cliché for us to take pictures in there?"

Believe it or not, there was a time where Pete Wentz wasn't a photogenic camera whore.

"Please?" She looked up at me with her sparkling green eyes. I couldn't say no.

"Gah," I sighed. "You know I'm a sucker for those eyes." With that last comment, she smirked and pulled me into the closet-sized booth.

1 kiss and 3 ridiculous poses later, we each had a set of pictures.

Emi probably trashed them once she got to California, but I still hadn't found the heart to throw mine away.

"Do you have the money?" Joe asked, snapping me out of my reminiscent daze.
"Oh, um, yeah." I handed him 2 crumpled fives.

"Wait 'til Andy hears about this," were Joe's last words before running off the bus.

"Travis, you wanna try and beat me?"
"Nah, it was enough just watching you lose to Trohman."

I half-heartedly laughed, then turned off the console. Taking a seat next to the window, I sighed.

Why am I still thinking about her?

"Pete, you okay?" Travis asked, somewhat concerned. "You seem out of it..."
"Just a lot of things on my mind," I responded, knowing that my answer was really vague.
"Anything in particular?"
"There's this girl..." I trailed off as I directed my gaze toward the window.

And there she was. Half dancing, half walking across the parking lot with her hands in her sweater pockets while a puppy trailed behind her.

"You still love her, don't you?" he asked.
"Y--" I caught myself before actually answering, trying to disguise the premature 'yes' into a cough. "What are you talking about?"
"Emi," he casually said. "She's the girl, right?"
"I..."

Pausing, I considered my options. I had to choose my words carefully.

I could ____________.
A) tell the truth.
B) lie through my teeth.
C) change the subject.

You can trust Travis, but he's also one of Emi's best friends.
A was out

You're a shitty liar, Wentz.
B was out.

By process of elimination, C was my safest bet.

"How's the album coming along?"
"Nice try, Pete, but you're not getting out of this one."

Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not... Jesse Lacey knew what he was talking about.

I looked down at my shoes and hoped the conversation would magically come to an end. But when I lifted my head, Travis was still there, eyes questioning me.

Damn it.

"So, am I right? Are you still in love with Emi?"

No use in denying it now...

"Yeah," I said, defeated. "How did you figure it out?"
"You're not as ambiguous as you think, Pete."

I sat there silently, thinking about what would happen next.

"Are you going to tell her?" I asked.
"No," he said, shaking his head. "I'm leaving that part to you. I just wanted to give you some fair warning..."
"Warning about what?"

"Competition."

He pointed outside the window. Tyson was now walking alongside Emi, hand in hand.

"You're not the only starry-eyed bassist who has feelings for her."

-----

Are Pete's feelings unrequited?
Is Tyson interested in being more than just "friends with benefits"?
Does Emi know what she wants?

reviews/ratings = answers & updates.
DO IT, YO!
Sign up to rate and review this story