Categories > Original > Romance

Can I Love You, Please?

by princesslari 0 reviews

Chapter Summary: Meet Meredith O'Hara. Meredith enjoys hanging out with her friends, working at her after school (not so convenient job) at the supermarket, bothering her little sister, and crammi...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-09-12 - Updated: 2007-09-13 - 775 words

0Unrated
Can I Love You, Please?

By: Snowfish


Disclaimer/All characters belong to me as well as the fictional area that they all live in. The tiny plot is also a conjured thought of mine. Anyone who reproduces this in any way without my consent will be penalized. Anyway, let's get on with the dramas and the woes of teenage life, shall we!


Happy Reading! - Snowfish

Summary/ Poor Meredith, eh? She's lost her heart to an honest young man who's too old to care for teenage cult movies and who's too young to start thinking about taking Viagra (like he needs it!)Oh yeah, here's her intro to the story.


01 Meeting You


I'd met you in April or May, but honestly, I can't remember anymore. But I do know that I had met you sometime in Spring, when I couldn't smell the perennials blooming in our backyard since I'd started suffering from my terrible allergies that season. You had struck me as a unique character even then, with your video-game avatar, and your sincere approach to harmless conversations. It was harmless. It was innocent because I was innocent and lonely and I was thinking about ex-beaus and Easter celebrations. I wasn't too concerned about you until I logged on to my most cherished forum and started "thread-hopping".

I had been browsing through different topics, picking up snippets of info from that page and that member, and then I stumbled on, "Phobia". "Phobia" was pretty self-explanatory: Tell what you were most fearful of and someone else will reply to it. I had already listed my own fears and I was just lingering there, since nobody else I really cared to talk to was on yet. A few seconds passed by and I was rendered idle until you came. When you came, I couldn't help but feel all of the inquisitiveness sinking into my mind. Just who were you? How come you spoke so eloquently? How old were you? Where were you from? My mind was racing with inquiries that I was dying to ask you.

Yeah, okay so I pried a little into your personal life too early, but you can't really stop me from being curious, can you?

Don't answer that.

Anyway, as time went on, we started talking more often. I always got the feeling (since you started off the conversations whenever you spotted me online) that you liked me. You had always tried to help me through my problems whenever I prattled on about my overly dramatic life. Like, you remember that time when I told you about Darren, my ex, who almost got in my pants in the Gym room? Boy, wasn't I a stupid and lovesick pup back then? Thankfully my friends had literally slapped some common sense back into my head. I'm thankful for my being able to talk to you. But I can't help but notice how strange this is, no matter how marginal the feeling is. You know, you're like ten years older than I and you live like five states away from me. You're practically married (not legally yet, but you will be, right?).

This is wrong.

This is inevitable since I sort of brought myself into this. Goodness, my sister can't find out about this, no one can, or else I'm dead. But of course, only some of my most loyal and my most secretive of friends know about it.

Only three of them. They don't know everything about you. They don't know the exact extent of my feelings for you. Am I supposed to wake up and worry about you so much? Heck, am I supposed to just smile and nod to the fact that you're over there and I'm over here and that's how it'll always be?

I need help.

Help me forget about you, please.

I don't want to love you like this.

I just don't ...

Just not when there's all of these circumstances against us.

Just not when my own circumstances have not and will not be met.

Author's Notes/Ha, angst-filled isn't it? Well, it's angst-filled towards the end at least. So this is Meredith or Merry O' Hara who has issues as we can see, she's suffering from unrequited love. Or what everyone else refers to as "infatuation". The style of this is different, it's almost like she's speaking to the person she loves so much. My narrators don't normally take on that sort of voice. Anyway, I hope you liked this. I wanted to try something different. More chapters will be coming along as soon as I figure out how I'm going to introduce her love interest.

- Snowfish
Sign up to rate and review this story