Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Great Romances Of The 21st Century

This Is Why I Hate Biology

by sillyperson 3 reviews

First Period. First Time Hayley Gets Introduced To Everyone. But Its Not The First Time Elspeth Has Been In This Situation Before. Read And Review Please.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-09-16 - Updated: 2007-09-16 - 1431 words

0Unrated
Thanks for the reviews so far =] here we go



Brendon’s POV

I slammed my locker door hard against its frame as I pulled my books into my bag, it was first day back and I was already pissed off. I felt someone tap gently on the back of my shoulder, I quickly turned around and stood before me was none other than Izzie. Her brown hair curled slightly at the ends, and her sea green eyes hide behind her glasses.

“Hey Brendon, have you seen any of the others?” She asked shyly.

“Err…well Elspeth said she saw you,” I stuttered.

Izzie rolled her eyes and gave me that usual fed up look.

“Well if you see her tell her to meet me by the gym at break…there’s something she needs to know…” She sighed as she carried on walking down the hall towards her lessons.

I rolled my eyes and continued on my way to biology, I noticed that there was a queue already forming outside my classroom; the popularity chain had already started to take its shape. Something, someone caught my attention as I strolled to the end of the line. I stood next to her, she had red hair, there weren’t many kids at my school with hair like hers. She glanced at me with her big blue eyes and let a shy smile escape from her lips. I was about to say something…well if some idiot hadn’t of jumped on my back.

“Spencer fuck off!” I laughed as he hooked his legs around me.

He jumped off me and shook his head to let his hair regain its former messy self.

“Man I hate biology, and we’ve got that stupid Mrs Jones this year.” Spencer moaned, but unlucky for him he didn’t notice Mrs Jones walk past him and here every word he just said.

“So Mr Smith aren’t we going to have a fun year together,” She glared as she walked into our classroom.

Once she had closed the door behind her I noticed Spencer curse under his breath.

“Where is everyone anyway?” Spencer muttered while leaning up against the wall.

“I dunno I was about to ask you the same thing,” I said honestly.

I stared up the corridor and noticed Elspeth walking down the corridor, my heart started to quicken, I wasn’t sure if I was more worried about how awkward it would be or if she was still upset. I didn’t have a clue. The bells ringing echoed through my ears and yet I still stood in the hall waiting to see if I caught her eye.

I felt Spencer tug on my arm as the others were going into class, “Come on dude Ryan and the others are probably late.” He said while pulling me into class, I bit my bottom lip and followed him into the class room and we took our annual seats on the back row.

I noticed Mrs Jones give Spencer a funny look as he slumped in his chair and slyly put his headphone up his sleeve. We always sat at the back it was like a tradition, the teacher normally sunk her teeth into the people who were stupid enough to sit at the front. So we’d just sit there on our usually row listening to our ipod’s or more in mine and Ryan’s case writing music, for our band.

There were three empty seats on our row, Pete turned around and sniggered at us, “Looks like you’re the loner squad today Urie.” He laughed.

“Well at least I wasn’t so stupid I got held back a year,” Spencer said instantly.

Pete scowled at the two of us and I smugly gave Spencer a high five. Every guy needs a friend like him, he has witty come backs that always seem to come just when you need them, and unlike me he was responsible and knew when enough was enough.

“Now quieten down people!” Mrs Jones shouted the class soon came to a silence.

I noticed that red haired girl stood next to her, her cheeks were all rosey and her eyes were concentrating on the floor, it must have been so humiliating stood in front of everyone like that.

“Okay class, now we have a new pupil and since this is your last year at this school I would like you to make her feel at home, so Hayley tell us something about yourself.” Mrs Jones rambled.

I sat up in my seat as she gently
lifted her head and let her pearly whites gleam through her teeth as she spoke, “Well, my name is Hayley Williams, I’ve just moved here from Franklin it’s a small town but it’s nice, I sing and that’s about it.” She said quietly. I could sense the tone of ‘not wanting to be here’ in her voice…but I didn’t think anyone wanted to be in this class.

“Well that’s very nice Hayley,” Mrs Jones said in a patronising voice, “Now would you please go sit in between Mr Urie and Mr Smith in the back row.” She said while pointing over in my direction.

I moved over a seat so she could sit down, Pete slyly turned around and gave me the eyebrows and I gave him the finger…it was like the hate hand shake. She sat down next to us letting her red hair flow down to her shoulders.

“Mrs Jones does that to everyone,” Spencer whispered to her.

Hayley raised her eyebrow, “Does what?” She asked curiously.

“Talks to you in a demeaning way, it’s because she’s up herself since she got made head of biology,” I muttered.

“Oh,” She paused and gleamed a smirk at me, “Just ya average teacher then.” She grinned.

I smiled back and drew my attention back to the task of getting my headphone up my sleeve without the teacher seeing me.

Knock, knock

Everyone’s attention was drawn towards the door as Mrs Jones went and opened it, she rolled her eyes as Ryan and Elspeth popped into the classroom.

“Late as usual I see,” She muttered while giving the two of them a glare.

“Well…I lost my timetable,” Ryan murmured.

“Save the excuses…I’ve heard them all before, go and find your seats!” The teacher said while raising her voice a little towards the end of her sentence.

Elspeth gave Spencer a cold stare as she sat down next to me soon followed by Ryan on the end.

“And where have you two been?” I whispered while turning down my mp3 a little.

“Places…and Ryan did actually loose his timetable.” Elspeth said while getting all her equipment out of her bag.

“Oh…I see,” I murmured while slouching in my seat, I felt the stomach acid making me feel sick, Elspeth glanced at me as I stared into space.

I noticed her give me a nervous look as the girl sat in front of our row turned around…it was Eleanor Underwood. She was the ditsy blonde, the cheerleader, the rich girl; the girl guys like me had nothing to do with. She glared her blue eyes at Elspeth and it sent anxiety all the way through me. Eleanor quickly turned around, I glanced at Elspeth and slyly shifted my chair closer towards her this way I could talk to her and the noise was only in our range.

“Just ignore her…it happened a year ago.” I said softly. Her nervous eyes looked up at me, her lip started to quiver and I could see the graves of last year being dug up beneath my feet.

“I know…but this is Eleanor…what happened is something someone like her won’t forget.” She sighed sadly.

“Yeah but it was Pete’s fault for fucking kissing you,” I said angrily.

Elspeth’s eyes linked with mine again, I knew she would give anything to take back last year, it was horrible and what made my heart ache is this was one of the few things I couldn’t help her with. I knew as Eleanor turned around again with that eerie scowl on her face I was gonna be having someone crying on my shoulder after school.


Some of the secrtes of last year are starting to come out more will be revealed next chapter over certain conversations withe certain characters. Please review thanks for all the ones so far. X
Sign up to rate and review this story