Categories > Anime/Manga > .hack//Sign

becoming

by chrscvaldes 3 reviews

about a girl and a boy

Category: .hack//Sign - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-16 - Updated: 2007-09-16 - 1337 words

0Unrated
Chapter One
I sat calmly at my desk, listening to the familiar sound of the rain tapping on the roof. The road would be pretty much flooded, so going to see Jake would be hard, but, knowing Jake, he would barely even notice.
BANG BANG
Sure enough he was pounding on my door just seconds later. I turned the knob and looked out, a pair of big blue eyes draped with soaking wet blonde hair stared down at me. If I hadn’t known him all my life his beauty would shock me, I had forgotten how handsome he was over the three weeks he had been in Idaho visiting his grandma.
“Hey Jake!” I said, as I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug.
“Hey, Jess, long time, no see!” he answered hugging back.
“You’re all wet! Thanks a lot.” I said looking down to see my sweater damp where I had touched him. He smiled, and chuckled. “Well come in and dry off.”
He stepped through the door, and looked around the kitchen, “You painted,” he said, very monotone.
“Yeah, you like it?”
“It’s nice, good shade.” My kitchen walls were now orange, instead of the old purple, my mom had been going through a creative stage so everything was changing color.
A dripping sound interrupted my thoughts. I looked down to see Jake was creating a puddle on the floor.
“Oh!” I laughed, “Let me go get you a towel.” I jogged over to the linen closet and grabbed a bright green beach towel.
“Thanks” he flashed a big smile. His teeth shone a bright white, and sparkled in the old farmhouse lighting in our house. For a little while we stood there staring deeply into each others eyes. His eyes were the most beautiful eyes ever to be put on the face of a human being. Deep blue with soft hints of green placed very subtly around the edges, making a little circle around the blue-
“Okay I think I’m dry enough now” he said breaking the ‘would have been’ wonderful moment if we were anything more than friends since we were born.
“Super” I said almost sarcastically as he handed me the towel.
Jake’s parents had moved in down Conventry Rd, ready for a fresh start after Jake’s Father was fired in Tampa, for coming to work indredably drunk. Shortly after the Cunts had moved in Jake’s mother, Rose, was pregnant with her long awaited child.
A few months after this my mother decided that she was ready to have a child as well, and within weeks was pregnant. My mother and Rose had become close friends and even formed their own two person book club, as the only other women anywhere near here were an old kook who had millions and millions of cats.
The two women had automatically clicked and spent most of the free time they had together. When the time came that Rose had her baby, Jake, my mother was right there and being that I was still inside my mother I was there as well.
About three days before I was due to be born as well, my father ran off and with a woman from his work, leaving my mother alone and jobless. A week later, six days late, I came into the picture. The whole time my mother was in the hospital Rose was there holding my mother’s hand, Jake in his fathers arms right beside her.
After I was born my mother needed to get a job, so she left me with Rose during the day. As soon as we were old enough to talk Jake and I were the best of friends. Everywhere we went, we went together, never tiring of each other, and never angry at the other for more than ten minuets. We were, from the first moment we were both alive, inseparable.
I tossed the wet towel in my hamper and turned around to see Jake, still fairly damp, standing in my doorway.
“Can I have some dry clothes? I know you’ve stolen quite a few of them through the years.” This was true, a lot of my closet was full of things he had left at my house, I had clothes of his that hadn’t fit him for years.
“Yes,” I said as I handed him a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, that I had on more then one occasion worn for the magnificent pattern on the front. “but I know for a fact that you have a lot more of my things than I have of yours, as I have never come to your house dripping wet to retrieved them.”
He gave me a sarcastically mean look and then smiled knowing it was true we had so many of each others things we didn’t know what belonged where anymore.
“So, tell me about Idaho!” I said excited to hear about his grandma, whom I hadn’t seen in years.
“Eh, same old, same old. Grandma says ‘hi’ and wonders if we’re dating yet,” he chuckled at this as he pulled the t-shirt over his head.
I laughed, “She’s still tying to get us together then?” Jake’s grandma had been talking about our marriage longer than we’d known what it really meant.
“Yeah, that’s grams for you!” he said, turning around to change his jeans.
“Any other great excitement happen? I mean you were in Idaho, bring on the fun!” I smiled at my own lame joke.
Jake laughed, used to my sarcasm. “Eh, no real fun time, sorry to say. I got you this necklace, classic gift shop quality.” He held out a beautiful turquoise, pendent necklace, with a leather loop to go around the neck.
“Wow, Jake that’s gorgeous! I never knew you had such great taste!” he stepped in close to me and fiddled with the latch behind my neck. I breathed in deeply, inhaling the wonderful scent of Jake that I had missed so much during the three weeks we were apart.
“Aha! Got it!” he said and stepped back. I looked down at the lovely pendent, which dangled over my breast. It looked very nice with the brown fitted t-shirt I was wearing, and brought out the little blue flowers that speckle my top.
Jake gave an approving smile, “You look lovely Jess, as always.”
I gave him a smile, thanking him with my eyes. “So do we have any plans today?”
“Eh, not that I can think of, general catching up. The ussual ‘back from vacation’ ritual.”
“Ahh, fun.”
A few moments passed in a not so awkward silence. “So, TV?” I asked.
“Sounds good.”
I stepped cheerfully down each step making sure not to step on any of the random objects tossed across my stairs. Jake did the same.
We snuggled onto the couch, and I grabbed the remote, switching to a pleasantly mindless Wylie Coyote cartoon. I scooted in to Jake, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I gently rested my head on his chest, listening to the soft rhythmic tap of his heart. It was such a nice sound, pounding so softly in his chest, it sent a pleasant shiver down my spine, and made my cheeks warm. A little smile formed on my face, I couldn’t help it, I don’t know what was happening, we had done this same thing thousands of times before, but it had never had this effect on me. I could feel his eyes on me, I looked up at him. Our eyes locked. I moved my face closer to his, I could feel his breath on my face, it smelled so sweet. There was something here that I had never felt with Jake before, I wasn’t sure what it was, but I wanted it. I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled his face towards mine, our lips touched.
Sign up to rate and review this story