Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Hush

Hush

by LackOfColor 3 reviews

The prologue. I don't know what else to say.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: 0 - Published: 2007-09-19 - Updated: 2007-09-21 - 438 words

0Unrated
*So this is my first story on ficwad. Whoo! Okay, well I'm going to try and update a lot, but I am in High School, so I am very busy. Reviews help inspire me too. I'm not going to beg for them, but if you're an author, you know how nice it is to be appreciated once and a while. That's all I'm saying. Toodles!

p.s. okay, sorry if you had put one of the other ones in your bookmarks. Ficwad totally confuses me and I posted like, 8 of these. I don't even know what I did. But I got it now, so it's all good.*

“Ahh!”

A young woman’s scream was heard all the way down the hallway or the maternity ward. Doctors and nurses walked by without even glancing up. This was everyday work for them and the screams of soon to be mothers in labor were no new thing. This particular woman was, although not unusual, somewhat different in the sense that she had no caring husband or boyfriend standing by the bed with a worried look in his face. There was not even a concerned friend, or a distraught parent nearby. Instead, it was just her, left to face the brunt of the pain alone.

As a nurse wheeled her bed to the delivery room, she whimpered and clutched onto the blankets beneath her, sweat lining her forehead in beads. She cried out as another contraction hit her and the nurse sped up her walk. Entering the delivery room, the young women cried to herself, not sure if it was because of her pain or her emotions.

“You need to push on the next contraction,” a doctor calmly told her.

“No,” she shook her head.

The doctor was used to this and smiled patiently. “I know it’s going to hurt, but you need to do this for me, for your baby.”

As yet another contraction hit, she cried out and shouted expletives at the top of her lungs. She pushed with all her might as the doctor cried out “I can see the head! Fantastic job, now another push!” She pushed one more time and broke into tears as her newborn baby slid out of her. The doctors cleaned off some of the blood and wrapped her new baby in a blanket.

“Congratulations, you have a new baby boy,” one of the nurses said as she handed the young women her baby. “Have you thought of a name?”

As the woman stared at her perfect baby in her arms, tears filled her eyes.

“Peter,” the woman said. “His name is Peter.”
Sign up to rate and review this story