Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts

Return to Darkness

by keyblader_twilight 0 reviews

Sora, Riku and Kairi are back home but Riku disappears into a dark portal only to come face to face the person he hates most. Will Riku give into the darkness to protect his friends or has Ansem ma...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Riku,Sora,Kairi,Ansem - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-09-23 - Updated: 2007-09-24 - 411 words

0Unrated
k_t: ok, this takes place right after Kingdom Hearts 2. Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts (As much as I want to)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nothing's changed, huh?"

"Nope. Nothing will."

The wind blew lightly as two boys leaned against a paupu tree. One had spikey brown hair and wore a black outfit with many pockets. The other had silver hair that fell to his shoulders and had blue pants with a white and yellow vest on. "Hey Riku. What do you think it was? The door to the light."

The silver-haired boy jumped down with a chuckle. "This." He said, pointing to Sora's chest.

Sora looked a little confused. "This?"

Riku smiled. "Yeah. It's always closer than you think."

Sora smiled too. "Sora! Riku!" They turned around t see a girl with medium length red hair come running towards them.

"Hey, what's up?" Sora asked, looking at her with concern.

Kairi held the bottle out. "Look."

Sora grabbed it at once. "From the King?" Riku stood at his left shoulder, Kairi at his other as Sora read the letter out loud.

"Sora, Riku, Kairi,

I hope you're enjoying relaxing but don't get too comfortable. We don't know what happened to Maleficent and Pete."

"Hopefully they died," Riku muttered to himself. Kairi gave him a look.

"Keep your eyes open and report to me if you notice anything strange.

Mickey"

Sora read the letter agian to himself as Riku paced and Kairi leaned agianst the tree. "So that's it? Just stay here. Be good. That's a whole lot of help," Riku snapped, anger rising. How could the king leave them in the dark like this? Hadn't they proven to be trusted? Even if Sora and Kairi hadn't, he, Riku, deserved Mickey's trust after all they went through.

"I'm sure he has his reasons, Riku," Kairi said calmly.

Sora nodded. "Yeah. Besides, things are eventually going to happen. Since when have our lives ever been normal?"

This got a smile out of Riku. "You're right. I'm sorry guys. I'm just so used to be constantly on the go that relaxing seems pretty hard."

Sora laughed. "Hey, we should practice! Now that Kairi's got a keyblade, we can really go at it!"

"You guys go ahead. I think I'll sit this one out," Riku said and sat on the paupu tree as Sora and Kairi ran down to the beach. What happened there? Usually I'm good with keeping my anger calm. Am I losing control?
Sign up to rate and review this story