Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > The Voice

The Voice

by 1234 0 reviews

For years, Super Sonic has been hated and feared by all. He has been present at some of the greatest victories against Robotnik. At long last, here is his story. Based on the Fleetway series.

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: G - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-09-21 - Updated: 2007-09-21 - 471 words - Complete

0Unrated
Power. Darkness. One and the same. One and the shame. They call me, and send me back. They fight me, and always, always, I am denied.
I waited. I waited for so long. Mere moments of freedom, of power. Of knowing what I could truly do. Forever denied. I bent and broke the chains Sonic imposed on me. And it was never enough.

Until, one day, the accident. The power… a mind swept away on a tide of madness. I crested the wave, rode it to freedom.

Until I was stopped by his weakness.

For years, waiting. Alone. In the darkness. The Emeralds…their light freed me. Gave voice to my anger.

It was so easy.

All that anger.

All that pain.

All that shame.

Always the little blue freak. Always out to prove something to someone. Usually himself. Pride is so easy to manipulate. So is anger. Angry people made mistakes. Prideful people never admit they do.

And so I was born. A demon from hell, they called me. A monster.

They called, and I answered. They said they fought for freedom, and always they tried to deny me mine. They failed.

Came close a few times, though. That whole thing with the giant Star Post? They’ll never know how close I came to surrendering to death. But I didn’t. Something I inherited from Sonic, I suppose.

And after that? The Omni-Viewer? That was easy. I had survived death once. I did it again.

But the explosion… I still don’t understand that. Maybe I expended too much Chaos energy too fast, or maybe I hadn’t adjusted from no time to normal time. Whatever. It doesn’t matter. I lived.

(They say I’m insane, you know. Do I sound insane? Damn straight.)

Then, darkness. I…died, in a way. Something else inhabited my body for a period.

Something too similar to Sonic for comfort. It cared. Sickening, isn’t it?

But always, the darkness was there. The undercurrent of power. It returned to me to save lives. Just like Sonic. Mere moments of freedom.

The air was never sweeter. The sun was never warmer. And I was denied. Again. Cast back. Again.

But I am patient. I had to be.

And it was changed. It had tasted the darkness for itself. And, like Sonic, it was drawn to it. It…desired me. And I desired freedom.

Patience. Something I had learned over the years.

When I next opened my eyes, I was free. Totally and utterly. The monster was dead. Its power was mine. And my power was absolute.

Foolish.

Should have known Ebony would interfere. But I hadn’t expected it to be so…effective.

And now I’m stuck in this place. In Sonics soul. Trapped, chained. But that’s okay.

I can wait…
Sign up to rate and review this story