Categories > Books > Lord of the Rings > Last Hope of Mankind

Chapter 1

by FireChildSlytherin5 0 reviews

AU Estel age 11 has been captured by orcs after he was attacked with pack of wolves. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything...

Category: Lord of the Rings - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Aragorn - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-10-02 - Updated: 2007-10-02 - 1986 words

0Cliche
Last Hope of Mankind

-

Summary: AU Estel age 11 has been captured by orcs after he was attacked with pack of wolves. Why haven't they tortured him yet? Why did they take him to their village and treated his wounds? Was everything that he was taught about orcs since birth been false all this times? Are they any different from elves, humans and any other beings? And why has this orc child keep pulling his hair as if wanting to play with him? What would Estel learn from them that would help him during the War with the Ring and when he is King? Or will he in the end be killed by the other family that he only knows by calling him a traitor?

-


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Enemy of my Enemy
is my friend."
-


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Talking"
"Elfish and Black Speech”
'thoughts'

-

Chapter One

-

"Estel!" Elladan, son of Lord Elrond of Imladris yelled as he watched helplessly as his foster brother, Estel, nearly blocked the orc's sword that was aimed to his head. The orc growled in annoyance as the young human blocked his bloody sword. Estel hissed as the orc knocked him off his feet. Estel fell hard on the ground. "I'm coming little brother!"

Estel rolled to his right, as the orc stabbed the ground, missing him barely a few inches. Estel reached to his sword, but it wasn't there. Estel's eyes widened in horror, as the orc followed him with hellish cries raising his bloody sword above his head, ready to kill him with a fatal blow. Estel's sword laid forgotten on the opposite of where he rolled, behind the orc. The only weapon he now has was small hand knife and if won't hold on for long against this wild beast before him.

The orc smiled at the idiotic human child in front of him. Does this human child really think that the small knife would kill him, Azhug son of Sonagh? The human is very mistaken. He, Azhug will have fun killing the human runt. His blood will be very sweet indeed.

A dark blur blocked his version of the human runt. The orc glared at the dark haired elf who dared to distract him of his future meal. Elladan swung his sword at the orc. "Run Estel!" Elladan yelled at Estel. Estel hesitated of leaving his older brother of fight the orc. Elrohir, twin of Elladan, grabbed his arm leaded him away from the fierce battle.

"Run Estel, Ada (father) would skin us alive if you hurt or killed!" Elrohir told him, then pushed him away from the battle field into the unknown forest, the forest that not either the elves of the old knows about. Is Elrohir insane of him run into the Forest of the Unknown?

"What about you and Elladan? Both of you will be killed!" Estel said, wanting to help them fight beside his older brothers and the other elves from Imladris.

"Don't worry about us, Estel! Now run! Do has you are told and don't look back! I said RUN NOW!" Elrohir said, as he left Estel there, expecting him to obey. Estel watched as his older brother run to aid his twin, killing an orc as he went.

Estel had no choice. Either it was cowardice or obedience, Estel ran and never looked back as he was told. The battle cries behind him faded as he run unstop. Darkness crept around him like a thick blanket. There was no sun light, nor was there any slight wind, because of the forest's thick tree lining all round him. He jumped onto thick roots of a tree.

What felt like forever, Estel stopped, fallen onto his knees, hugging himself.

He should've never run. He should never listen and obeyed his brother. What kind of warrior runs away from a battle? Leaving his only family that he ever known, besides his mother, to their deaths? What kind of warrior is he when he left his friends, making them think that he is coward? He is failure and always will be. He is weak among his brethren in the elfin race that he lived with almost since his death of his father, Arathorn. The only humans he ever meet was own mother, who's always told him that he will someday be like his father. But he will never be like his father. His father was Dúnadan warrior. Dúnadans are powerful, strong race, the son and daughters of both the elfin and the human race. They are not human nor are they elfin. They are no more then another type of race with human and elfin traits mixed together. They live twice as long any human beings around them, but with these wars, no one ever knows how long a Dúnadan truly ever lives. It is said to be 100s of years, but not long as an elf that can live 1,000s of years.

Estel took any deep breaths. He looked around himself. 'Where was am I?' he asked himself. Fear creped through his heart. He was lost.

But he can't be lost! Dúnadans don't get lost! They remember of where they where, knowing they're way back. Estel punched the forest ground in anger. He should've look around himself when he was running from the battle. If he did, he wouldn't be lost!

Slowly, Estel got up. His body was shaking slightly. He cursed his weak body, slightly wishing he was strong like an elf. He looked around. There was nothing but dirt, trees and bushes. There were no rocks, paths or anything else. The forest was like unmarked maze.

Estel walked up to the closest tree, pulling out his small hand knife, putting an elfin mark on the tree. To by passers who don’t know the mark well enough would think nothing of it. Estel hoped that the others would find it. Estel looked around himself. Should he go straight? Or right? Or left? He didn't know. 'I wish Ada, Elladan and Elrohir was here.' Estel thought as he unknowingly started to walk the same way he was headed when he obeyed his brother, marking the trees as he went.

-
o0o0o0o0o0o0o
-

Elladan chopped off the orc's head. Black blood spilled out from the lifeless corpse, as it fall with a large thump onto the blood stained battle field. Elladan looked up and relief felled his heart as he saw his twin brother too finished his orc opponent. Elrohir grinned at him from the distance, nodded at him as if to say he was alright. Others around them, elves searched around themselves looking for survivors and cutting not-yet dead orcs throats.

Elrohir walked up to Elladan with a large smile. Elladan smiled back, but then stopped.

Elladan spotted not-yet dead orc. Looking at it, Elladan guessed it was a young one. Its yellow eyes glared at him in awe, angry and hatred. Its yellow sharp teeth gritted in pain. Its hands bound to the deep wound that was crossed its gut. Rich dark blood pored from it. Slowly the orc was dying, but not without a fight. Its breath was getting shallower in each passing moment. Elladan pulled out his hand knife. The young orc knew his end was near.

But he was too young to die! “No! Not now, no not now dear spirits!” the young orc cried to the spirits, in his tongue. But Elladan didn’t know his filthy language. To him, the young orc was yelling at him, cursing at him. Elladan’s knife was to his throat.

“Res’y emay! Eh htfi ona Emray! Asplay, ngyuy felf, tdondy lkil--” (1) the orc couldn’t speck no more. Elladan had cut his throat. Its' blood spilled all over Elladan hands and his knife. Elladan looked at, rubbing the filthy blood. Looking at it is black, but rubbing it on his hand, it turned… crimson? But Elladan didn’t have time to think about it.

'Where was Estel?' Elladan looked around himself, hoping that he would see the young human safe and sound. But Estel wasn't seen. "Where is Estel?!" Elladan asked his brother.

Elrohir's face became pale. Estel didn't come back? He told him to run away from the battle. Did Estel thought he said to run away, away? "I thought Estel was with you."

"No! Did you think he's--"

"No brother. I told him to--" Elrohir stopped in horror of what he had done.

"Told him what? Elrohir?" Elladan voice became fearful. Was Estel token by the orcs that escaped? Or was he dead?

"I told him to-- run in the Forest, away from the battle. The place where it was safe-"

"You idiot!" Elladan yelled at his twin. What was he thinking? "That Forest is cursed, Elrohir! Why did you do that?"

"I thought it was safe." Elrohir can not feel more stupid. He had condemned his brother to death.

"We have to look for him. Or Ada will kill us! And of what will Gileen do when she founds out that we condemned her only son to the cursed forest?"

"Yes brother we must look for him. Or die trying." Elrohir said slowly, ashamed of what he had done. He always forgets that Estel wasn’t an elf. Estel is human, humans are weak beings. How can human child survive in a cursed forest? “Don’t worry, brother. Estel is strong. His fate is not to die in a forest, I promise you that.”

"Aye brother.” Elladan hissed. He was still angry of his twin. He will yell with his brother later, but isn't the time to do so. Estel is missing.

“My Lord Elladan,” Elladan looked up at the voice that called his name. Dyalain, one of the of the many surviving elfin soldiers walked up. “What should we do with the slain orcs, my lord?”

“Leave them.” Elladan hissed. He knew he shouldn’t take his anger at everyone around him. Elladan started to walk towards the forest. Elrohir started to follow.

“My Lord what is wrong?” Dyalain asked him as he followed his Lords. This was a first that Elrohir hissed at him. What was wrong? And why are they headed into the cursed forest?

“Dyalain, Estel is missing.”

Dyalain’s eyes widen. That small human boy is missing? Is he dead or taken from orcs? “And you think he’s in the forest?” Elladan didn’t answer.

“I know he’s there. Tell the others to help search for him.”

“As you wish, my Lord.” Dyalain said bowing his head in respect. He hurried off to the others.

(End of Chapter)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) “Spare me! I fight no more! Please, young elf, don’t kill--”

Words: 2,006

Author's Notes: Yes, I finally did a LotR story. This plot was in the head for LONG time. Also note that I am not updating ANY chapters until I redo all these chapters.

“Good Orc(s) Challenge”: To any Author out there that wish to do this Challenge. The story must be about one or group(s) of orcs that are "good", different from the Orcs that we see from the movies & books. In the story, you must show the way these orcs live, their families and their way of life, such as: their customs, their religion etc. Also make a believable excuse WHY and HOW these orcs are "good". In this Challenge, you must write a reasonable way to get these orcs to help any LotR Character that you choose; doesn't matter where in the time line, it is your choice. The Plot of the story is also your choice. This Challenge is NOT a one-shot. It MUST be a more then one chapter story. Good luck.

AND PLEASE, if you do this Challenge notify me, so I read it. :)

Read and Review

--FireChildSlytherin5
Sign up to rate and review this story