Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Don't Stop Watching Over Me

The Party's Just Getting Started

by RyanRossLuver 0 reviews

I Do NOT own "Nine In The Afternoon". Panic! At the Disco do.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-10-02 - Updated: 2007-10-04 - 1166 words - Complete

0Unrated
I parted from Ryan just before things got too heavy, and ran back into the main space, and set myself down, the audience side of the barrier, from Bren. He finally noticed that it was me greeting him earlier, and called me forwards, up onto the stage. How could I resist such an invitation? I mean, spending the whole show enjoying the music from the perspective of the musicians? Who could pass the opportunity up? I mean, seriously! Well, anyway, I clambered over the barriers, and made it down the other side, right before my inner klutz came out, and I tripped over the piano leads, which even though they were taped down to the floor, I still managed to get my foot under one. How I managed it, it’s still a mystery to me, but we’ll figure that one out later. Well, I started to fall down, and Brenny was quick on his feet, rushing over to me and catching me before I hit the ground. A sheet of paper fell out of my jacket pocket, and landed on his shoe. He bent down to pick it up before I could protest, and opened it, reading the scribbles and nonsense that it contained.

I was over exaggerating – it wasn’t scribbles and nonsense, it was actually lyrics and the music to be used with it. You see, in my spare time, I write lyrics and music, and practice it, making it perfect before I show anyone, and my work is really personal, based on events that have happened in my life and stuff, but back to the story.

I snatched the paper back off him, and stuttered in my most pleading voice, “I don’t want you, or anyone else for that matter, to see my work. It’s personal, and I want to keep it that way.” I left it at that, because if I delved any deeper into the speech, then I’d end up telling Bren some things I might regret later. By that time, Ry, Jon and Spence had made their way over to the ‘stage’, and had set up their instruments, and for those who needed them, mic stands.
“Uh, guys? You have four mic stands set up. Only three of you do backing vocals,” I pointed out, very confused.
“Well, we were hoping, since you were bloody fantastic back in the UK, that you would do us the honor of accompanying myself, Ry and Jon on vocals,” Bren asked, directly into the mic, without realizing, naturally. Suddenly, chants of ‘do it’ could be heard from the class, and I blushed scarlet. I nodded my head in reply, and went to the mic furthest stage right, furthest from the highest point of embarrassment – Ryan. I took the microphone out of the stand, and flexed my right hand around it, breathing heavily, trying to control and condense my growing nerves. Ryan walked over to me, where I was perched on the corner of Jon’s amp, and whispered “NITA” in my ear, and I automatically understood what he meant. He went back to his spot stage left, as Brendon introduced themselves, and me. He then went onto ma tiny monologue.
“We will be doing our normal set tonight, as well as mixing it up with a few covers, and new things. And maybe, if we can persuade her, Emmi will sing the song she has written for us! But first we are going to get the show rolling with a new ditty entitled ‘Nine in the Afternoon’.” Bren started playing on the piano, and the rest of the band kicked in. I didn’t know what parts I was supposed to be singing, so I started when the cue hit.
Back to the street where we began, feeling as good as lovers can, you know, that we’re feeling so good
I noticed Bren signaling to Ry and Jon, but I had no idea what he was telling them to do, so I continued to sing.
Back to the street where we began, feeling as good as love, you could, you can, feeling so good
Back to the street where we began, feeling as good as love, you could, you can
Into a place where thoughts can bloom
Into a room where it’s nine in the afternoon, now we’re feeling so good
Into a place where thoughts can bloom
Do you feel it too?
Where it nine in the afternoon
Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could, cause you can, so you do
Feeling so good, just the way that we do
Where it’s nine in the afternoon
Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could, cause you can, so you do
Feeling so good
Back to the street, down to our feet, losing the feeling of feeling unique, do you know what I mean?
Back to the place, where we used to say, man it feels good to feel this way, now you know what I mean
Back to the street, back to the place, back to the room where it all began
Back to the street, back to the place, back to the room where it all began
Jon and Ry were finally joining in on backing vocals.
Where it’s nine in the afternoon, your eyes are the size of the moon
You could, cause you can, so you do
Feeling so good, just the way that we do
Where it’s nine in the afternoon
Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could, cause you can, so you do
Feeling so good, just the way that we do
Where it’s nine in the afternoon
Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could, cause you can, so you do
Feeling so good, just the way that we do
Where it’s nine in the afternoon
I was shaking so badly by that point, but all my friends were cheering me on. They must have liked my performance, as many of them were screaming ‘encore’. It was a weird thing to hear. I walked over to Ryan, as he had made a motion to me, and just as I got there, my hand flew up to my head and I started to feel dizzy. Brendon took note of this, and handed me his bottle of water, which I gratefully took a long swig from. We briefly discussed the next song, and decided upon the obvious, “The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage”, as it was the one the guys always opened up with. For this, I begged with the boys to let me sing only when I felt like it, and they reluctantly agreed. We had just gotten to the many, many ‘swear to shake it up’s’, when I found myself falling. I didn’t know where, all I knew was that this time, no-one was there to catch me.
Sign up to rate and review this story