Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Good Enough

Chapter 2

by masquerade37 3 reviews

The strange girls name is revealed, and Odie is continuously doubting his exsistance.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2007-10-06 - Updated: 2007-10-07 - 1240 words - Complete

0Unrated
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Odie was pulled out of his trance when the bell rang for his lunch period. he packed up his books and trudged out of the room. He had been day dreaming about that girl from this morning.

He fell back into his trance but was rudely awakened when he was banged into and knocked over.

He gained his senses and looked to see who had knocked him down this time. To his immense surprise he saw the girl from this morning shaking her head and getting up.

She was about to run away when Odie called out,"Hey! Can... I uh, talk to you for a sec?"

She turned around looking flustered, but she grabbed his hand and pulled him up. She looked him in the eye.

"Now, really ain't a great time, maybe later?" she had a slight southern accent.

"Uh, ya..."

"Thanks." She spun around and ran.

Odd. Odie was happy she hadn't said flat out no to talking. That was a plus right?

He walked on to the lunch room.

*************

After he ate Odie was walking in the direction of the science lab when he passed the auditorium and heard sound comeing from it.

Couldn't be... he thought but cracked open the door just enough to peek through.

He saw on the stage, about fifty feet away, the girl belting another line from Lithium.

"IIIIIIIIIIIIIII, I'm gonna let it go!"

She had her hands in fists clenched to her chest and she sang the last notes of the song. She sounded like an angel. Odie came into the auditorium and stood at the top of the stairs watching her.

She started to look to the side so Odie ducked behind a chair. He peeked around the side of the row. His eyes suddenly got really wide.

Archie emerged from stage right and walked over to her. They started talking, but they were to quiet for Odie to hear. He was to dumbfounded to follow a converstation anyway. Archie had done it. He got there first. Odie loses again. Damnit. Odie realised that the girl was yelling at Archie now.

"You just can't handle the fact that you have competition now eh? You need to keep up your bad boy rep is that it?"

"No, no that's not it at all..."

"Oh ya? What is it then?" She had her arms streched out, taunting him.

Archie just sighed in frustration. Odie realised that she was turning him down.

"Come on, bad boy, give me your best shot..."

"Dani, it isn't that easy..." her name was Dani!

"Oh ya? You want not easy?"

"Can we discuss this later?" Odie turned and realised there were other people watching them argue.

"Fine. Just get outta my face!"

Archie stood there stunned as Dani jumped off the stage and ran up the stairs.

She passed Odie right by and ran out the door. He got up and followed her.

She stopped just outside the school doors and sat on the steps. She ran her fingers through her hair. Odie knew this wasn't right, so he looked away and headed for chemistry.

*******************

She was in his gym class. She was in HIS gym class. SHE was in HIS gym class.

Odie could barely consentrate on Mr Cronk. He was telling the class they had a day of endurance ahead of them.

"WHAT, IS THE FIRST WORD THAT COMES TO MIND WHEN I SAY ENDURANCE," he spun on his heel to face the row of girls standing at ease facing him now, "MISS CADE?"

"Handstand." Dani said.

"HANDSTANDS IT IS THEN. EVERYONE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ROOM. IN A CIRCLE NOW." He yelled very loudly in a gym that echoed.

The class formed a circle and got ready to get into a handstand.

"READY AND..." he blew his whistle loud and everyone was in a handstand.

Odie and several others fell over immendiatly. They all sat crosslegged where they fell and watched the rest. Dani hadn't even broken a sweat.

Nearly twenty minutes passed and only four people remained on their hands: Theresa, Jay, Herry, and Dani.

Dani still looked cool as a cucumber though her face had turned red and she awas sweating a bit. She still looked beautiful to Odie though.

Suddenly a blast echoed and Herry and Theresa fell over.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" Mr Cronk asked loudly.

"'Scuse me." Herry said wiping his nose and sniffing.

Theresa gave him a dirty look, she always wins these things.

Someone gasped loudly and every one looked at Dani and Jay who had only had two people in between them. Dani had gracefuly lifted one arm parallel from the floor. Jay fell over stunned.

"Well yank my chain... amazing Miss Cade please stand." Mr Cronk was equally stunned.

Dani put her hand back on the floor and slowly lowered her feet without bending her back.

Mr Cronk started clapping, and soon the whole class was applauding Dani's physical feat.

"CLASS," Mr Cronk yelled again "WE HAVE RUN OUT OF TIME THIS CLASS, SO GO GET CHANGED AND READY FOR NEXT PERIOD." He left it at that and turned to shake Dani's hand.

Odie heard him say, "That was amazing, good job Miss Cade." Dani smiled and headed to the change room.

*************

Odie was sitting the atrium behind the janitors room portal, waiting with the other six.

Ms Hera had just told them that they were aquiring an allie, and a powerful one at that, the eighth hero.

It was a girl apperantly, and she was a powerful indivdual, though Ms Hera hadn't mentioned what made her so.

Archie and Atlanta were quietly arguing, and Jay and Theresa were discussing some biology project that they had due. Neil was inspecting his forehead in the mirror, Herry had fallen asleep, and Odie was thinking about Dani.

'What makes her so special?' he wondered 'She is beautiful, ya, and shes a great musician. Heck, I could listen to her all day... but she seems to be getting on with guys real easy, why would she ever pick me, over all these other guys? What makes me special over them? I'm smart, heck I'm a genius, but she wouldn't care, she's a musician. I'm... ARGH! I'm short, scrawny, I have no musical or athletic talent to speak of, and I blend in. She'll never look at me twice, we'll never actually talk. I know it. Damn, I'm gonna be alone forever.'

Suddenly a blue glow filled the room. Ms Hera stood and the seven heroes followed. She watched intently as a pale hand slid through the barrier, followed by a jean clad leg and eventually a whole body. The person was facing the blue barrier looking at it intently, stupifyed, obviously.

When the person turned around, Odie felt his body freeze. It was Dani.

"Welcome Danielle..."

"Oh, Dani please..."

"Dani, then," Hera seemed slightly ticked at being interupted. "Welcome. These..." she gestured at the seven. "... are the original seven heroes. Jay, Theresa, Atlanta, Neil, Herry, Archie," Dani straightened up at his name, "and Odie."

Odie's mind went blank as Dani turned to look at him. Odie could have sworn he saw some colour flash through her cheeks.

"They will help you through your adjustment here." She turned to leave. "If you will wait with them here, Mr Ares will be by soon for your lesson."

Ms Hera left and Dani turned to face the group.
Sign up to rate and review this story