Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > When the Well Closed

Prologue

by Amara_Anon 0 reviews

Years after the last battle, Sesshomaru finds himself leading a quiet life away from the world of Men, until he discovers a final part he has to play. [Sess/Kag, Inu/Kag]

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Kagome,Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-10-08 - Updated: 2007-10-08 - 202 words - Complete

1Moving
Disclaimer: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi.

Spoiler Warning: manga ch. 518.

A/N: Written for Inuyasha_Fanfic's "Endings" Challenge on LiveJournal.

When the Well Closed

-

Prologue

-

The Lady of the West forever dwelt in a castle in the sky far above the world of Men where none save youkai-kind could reach her. One day she received a most unexpected guest, one who had not visited her in 50 years: Her son. He came to her with a single request, that she should cast his sword Bakusaiga into the Meidou, using her amulet the Meidou-seki. When she questioned this decision, he merely stated that he had no use for it anymore.

“So then, you mean to stay this time?” she asked.

“Yes,” was his reply.

The great and honorable lady did as he wished. Bakusaiga, symbol of her son’s strength and power, disappeared into the black, empty depths of the Meidou, and he never saw it again. But the lady noticed with a disapproving eye that her son would not relinquish the second sword he carried.

And so, Tenseiga, symbol of her son’s compassion, remained at his hip for centuries thereafter, dormant, waiting to be used yet for some unknown purpose…
Sign up to rate and review this story