Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Diaries Of A Werewolf

Family Reunion

by GeeDeexx 4 reviews

Raine's Mom. ... I think...?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Ray Toro - Published: 2007-10-09 - Updated: 2007-10-10 - 1221 words

0Unrated

She finally called the number. Hurrah, hurrah. Everybody hum hallelujah or something.
555-4363. Her mother’s phone number. First dial tone as she entered the numbers to seven, chirpy little beeps.
And then...
It rang.
And rang.
And kept fucking ringing, until...
- - - -
I really didn’t want to lie to my Dad. Never, ever had I lied to him- I was pretty honest. But tell him I was going to my mother’s house who just happened to be some sort of witch? Didn’t think so. Yet there I was, dressed in an MCR sweatshirt and skinny jeans, staring at a wall in the kitchen.
“That must be a very interesting wall.” Ray said, pointing a finger at the off-white wall. Running a hand through my hair, I pulled my knees up to my chest on the kitchen chair I was sitting on. No, I couldn’t spill it all to Ray. He didn’t know I had ever not been human. Actually, I still wasn’t 100% on that subject. “So now you’re taking the wall instead of me? I’m offended.” The boy said, crossing his arms and puffing out his lower lip. Giving a smile, I returned the comment.
“This wall is pretty freakin’ cool, you know.” I pointed a bony finger at it and he smiled.
“Seriously, what’s up? I’ve never seen you like this before.” Twisting my finger to point at the ceiling for his first question, he sighed and sagged his shoulders.
“Okay, okay, sorry. I just... Um... I called my Mom yesterday.” He stopped picking at a fingernail and focused his full attention on me.
“-And...?” I took in a breath, waiting to gain the courage to begin.
- - - -
“Hello? Who is this?” Taking in a shaky breath, I tried to begin.
“This is, um... Y-your daughter, Raine.” There was an awkward pause. I didn’t know whether to describe it as regret, excitement, or just thoughts.
“Raine Way?” A tinge of excitement sounded in her voice.
“Yeah, Raine Way. The... Lycanthrope...” I glanced warily around my the living room. Only in the back of my mind I remembered that they had gone somewhere to write songs or something.
“Are you /still/a werewolf?” Pausing for a moment, I steadied myself.
“Well, no... I mean, sort of. I tried to become human. I’m not fully, though.” The woman on the other end of the line laughed quietly.
“You can never become fully human, hun. Now, it’s been a while. When would you like to come over?” I stopped chewing my fingernail and eased any stiffness out of me.
“Tomorrow would be perfect.”
“12:00 then? You’ll know where I live. Okay, hun, see you then.”
- - - -
“That’s in ten minutes, Raine.” Ray said, for some reason using my full name. Before I guessed it was because his name was Ray, so he couldn’t call me ‘Rai,’ though I insisted if I ever wrote it I would spell it R-A-I. Now I just assumed they would call me Raine in situations like so.
“I know it’s in ten minutes, Ray. I just... don’t think my Dad would like it, and I told him I was going on a walk in a bit, that was all. I’ve never lied to anyone that I didn’t have to, and lying to my Dad just felt... horrible.” Ray placed a gentle hand on my elbow and lifted me from the seat.
“Listen, kiddo, you’re going to your Mom’s house. I know you wanted to, and it’s not like she’s some boogie monster.”
Close enough. I thought, shuffling my graffiti-covered converse-covered feet and looking through the kitchen threshold and at the exit. “Now scat.” The dream I received before flashed through my mind. It was of me walking, so obviously my mother’s place was close. As I reviewed the dream in my mind, I stepped outside and into the fresh, rejuvinating air.
It was quiet on that Wednesday, chilly considering it was the summer. Wind blew gently, throwing small papers and other debris along the sidewalk. I embraced the peaceful moment and inhaled deeply, letting the air wash through me like a waterfall slicing through my soul; it pierced me and seemed to pull all dirtiness from me. My eyes traveled the sidewalk and so did my feet, soon I found a steady rhythm in my steps along with my heartbeat.
I passed the too=-familiar shrub placed next to a door to an apartment. It hit me like a train:
The woman threw herself out the door, eyes slitted in rage. She began to run down the few steps, and after the black-haired boy.
I gritted my teeth. This was where it all happened; did I really want to meet my mother? My devious, slutty mother? My body surprised me as I moved forward, up the steps, and knocked my knuckles raw.
The door opened slowly, the wood pushing on rusty hinges and screeching their way across. To tell the truth, I didn’t know what to expect. A middle-aged woman, perhaps, hairs tinted with one gray every once in a while. At first I thought my eyes deceived me; for this woman could’ve been a twenty year old model.
Brown hair flowed just past her rib cage, her blue eyes sparkled at the sight of me. She had a pointed shin and a sharp face, wavy hair softening it only to a small extent. Her lips, those lips that kissed so many men, some unwiling, parted into a smile of perfect teeth, and no wrinkles spread.
“Raine, I’ve waited so long.” My mouth had dropped at the sight of her. She looked, oddly enough, different than when I had seen her in my dream. Of course, she was the same age as before- she was a witch, her magic must’ve specialized in morphing or something of the sort.
“Come in, Rai,” This struck me as odd. The overflowing warmth gshing inside me flowed to a stop. The only person who ever called me Rai was the band.
I ignored it and took another step inside. My eyes peered around the hallway, into the door that lead to the kitchen, a closed door I assumed was her bedroom for some reason. I locked onto focus with my eyes everything around me, when suddenly, it went blurry for a moment.
She threw on her clothes, a snarl cast across her beautiful features. Eagerly, she jumped through the threshold and into the hallway. Turning right, she looked at the door the black haired boy had just left. His presence lingered, and the smell of cologne and cigarettes seeming to etch a figure of him in the dark.
“No,” She whispered, throwing herself at the door.

“I’ve waited so long, Raine,” She repeated, smiling brightly. I smiled back, then glanced at the kitchen.
“Oh my Go-” I didn’t finish my sentence before cold hansd gripped my neck and I had a glimpse of my mother’s blue eyes flashing to a red.
“I’ve waited so long, Raine.”



- - - -

Hope you enjoyed!
R E V I E W!

=D
Sign up to rate and review this story