Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > It's Not Like It Hurts That Much Anyway

Chapter Thirty-Three

by ryanrossISsove 3 reviews

pete pops something. and it breaks.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-10-10 - Updated: 2007-10-11 - 1098 words

0Unrated
don’t fret guys, I think you’ll like this one.

William’s POV-

I walked through the halls of the venue, her annoying laugh ringing through my head.
I’m on in ten.
And she’s here, to visit.

She makes me want to cry. She makes me want to rip out my hair. She hogs him, when she’s here. I hate Ashlee.

“Hey Bill, whatcha doing?” I heard. I turned around, and saw Gabe, smiling.

I shrugged.

“Not much. Loitering. Possibly avoiding Pashlee.” I said.

Gabe nodded.

“Sorry bud. She really gets to all of us. No one knows what he sees in her.” Gabe said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I frowned, and sighed.

“I wish I could be her.” I mumbled.

Gabe raised an eyebrow.

“Ew. That’s nasty.” He said.

I looked up.

“I just…love him so much.” I said.

Gabe nodded.

“I know bud…” he said. I could tell he couldn’t think of anything to tell me. He couldn’t reassure me that my time would come, because it’ll never.

I looked up at a clock.

“I’m on soon. See you later.” I said, walking past him, and waving.

He waved, and walked in the other direction.

I walked down the hall, and passed Patrick. He smiled and waved.

“Hey Trick.” I said.

“Hey Bill. Getting ready to go on?” he asked.

I nodded.

“Yep.”

“Knock em’ dead.” he said.

“I will.” I said, with a smile, walking on, him doing the same.

I passed a room, where I could hear Pete and Ashlee talking. I rolled my eyes. They suck.

I saw Chizz at the end of the hallway.

“Aye mate, any idea where my hats at?” he asked.

I shrugged.

“No, sorry.” I said.

He sighed.

“I’ve really gotta find it. I can’t just bounce on stage with my mop showing.” he said, his accent making me giggle, every time.

“I’ll keep an eye out, buddy.” I said, walking into the dressing room, and grabbing my leather jacket, and throwing it on, then walking out towards the stage.

As I walked down the hallway, I saw Michael’s hat on a table, next to a plant. I picked it up, and put it on. I’d give it to him once we got out there. I continued to waltz out, and looked at the watch. One minute.

I passed Sisky, and took the hat off, and gave it to him.

“Give this to Mike.” I said.

He nodded, and smiled.

“See you later.” I said, going down the stairs, to under the stairs.

I stood on the platform, and tapped my foot, listening to dirty introduce us. I always got nervous before a show, and before popping out of the stage.

I heard the technician. “Five, four, three, two…one”

Soon, I was flying up, and the color went from dark to bright. I looked at all the cheering fans, and the colors of the shirts where always so vibrant they were almost blinding.

I took the mike, and looked left. I smiled at Chizz, seeing he got his hat, and in three seconds after that, I started to belt Neighbors.
==================================================
Pete’s POV-

“I’m gonna go get a drink. Be right back, babe.” Ashlee said.

Joe scoffed, seeming pleased she was leaving the room.

She left, and I turned my back to Joe, who was into a video game.

I pulled out the ring box, and looked at it for a bit. It was a cheap ring, but it was pretty. She’d say yes, for sure.

I put it back into my back pocket, and twiddled my feet, and hummed something unidentified.

Soon, she came back.

“Hey Pete, can I talk to you about something? In private” she asked, water bottle in hand. She glanced at Joe, and rolled her eyes.

I looked at Joe, and he looked up.

“I don’t care. Go.” He said.

I nodded.

“Be right back, Joe. Then I’ll play you in Cart.” I said, walking out with Ashlee.

“Yeah, I actually have to talk to you, too.” I said, following her into another room.

“Okay, you first.” she said, seeming a little weird.

I nodded.

“Okay…” I said, not even feeling nervous. I didn’t even really love her. I’m only doing this so I can forget about William.

I’m only doing this because the one I can’t have is the one I want. And the one I can have is going to have to be good enough.

I’m only doing this because it hurts.

I got down on one need, and presented the ring.

“Ash, baby…I love you. Will you marry me?” I asked.

Ashlee looked shocked. She gasped.

For a while, it was silent. We were both in deep though.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the shrieked ‘YES!’

“No.” she said, plainly.

I opened my eyes, and looked up. My heart sank.

“Huh?” I asked, still on my knee, trying to decipher what just happened.

“No. Pete, I don’t love you anymore. And I don’t think you love me either. There’s someone else, that you love more then me. I can tell. I can tell your in love…just not with me.” She said.

“No Ash, I do love you…” I started. She shook her head.

I got up, and held out the ring.

“Take it. Put it on. We’ll get married. I love you!” I said.

“No.” she said, turning her head.

I started to get angry.

“What the fuck!?” I said, in anger, stomping.

“I’m not stupid Pete.” she simply said, walking out.

“Wait! Where are you going?!” I asked.

“Home.” she simply said, walking out of the room, and walking out of my life.

And I just stood there for a while. Then, I started rubbing my arms. I looked at the spot she left from, and just rubbed them for a while, totally spaced out. I eventually let the box and ring slip out of my hand, and fall to the ground.

No girlfriend…no cover-up…no coping.

This is going to be rough…I can tell.

Uh oh…Pete’s going to be a super sad boy. If I had to estimate, I’d say there’s about four or five more chapters left till the last one. Oh, and Kill-Your-Own-Chorus, I‘m veg too! So, I totally appreciate even the thought of that! A meaty pizza…wow!

I love you guys. J
Sign up to rate and review this story