Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Love lore of the Wind and Sea

Sea Maiden

by Neptunestears 0 reviews

The lore continues:

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Haruka (Uranus), Michiru (Neptune) - Published: 2006-01-06 - Updated: 2006-01-06 - 1694 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

Lost in its world of shadow, of blues, greens, silvers and teals, there lays a realm known to few except by the legends of sailors. A watery world where the light that filters through the surf plays tricks on the eyes and where many souls last laid their head in eternal sleep. Below the surf you can still hear their last whispers again in the background of the continuous churning of the waves above. It is a chaotic dance hidden from human eyes that could make a person go mad in the sheer insanity of it. Among the skeletal remains of ships and vessels over taken by underwater plant life, it was mere glimmers of what once was. Everything seemed to hold its breath below this glassy sheet of marine, oblivious of the slow crawling tick of time.

An elegant creature swam slowly through this thick world. On the contrary, this creature brought with it all the beauty that the sea possessed. It represented the lore of the sea that attracts all to it. Intentionally or not, this magnificent creature was the reason for the tales and lore's above the water. It was as an illusion, reflecting the gentleness of the slight waves of the coral beaches. It was the source of the musical laughter and promising lovely whispers that haunt you while you gaze at night to the waves with silver moonlight hazed eyes. It is the pull of the waves around your ankles when you stand just a little bit closer to see better what calls to you and how the water and sand tugs in-between your feet and you stumble forward powerless. How if you're not careful you can get swept away by the surf if you let it carry you away... If you let it love you.

The melodic sound of pebbles and small shells pushed gently along the coral and sea floor sounded like a bubbling brook. It was one of the only pleasant sounds left besides the songs of the whales at night, or the laughter of the dolphins. But regardless the ever present imprisoning roar of the sea was still loudest. As the magnificent creature listened, passing under a ray of diluted sunlight, a series of teal sliver tinted scales glittered like cut glass for just a moment before dimming in the shadows again.

The creature flicked its tail pushing forward faster as it picked up speed, senses alive and the atmosphere of the watery world changed for favor of blood.

"Not another.. Why must Father take more lives?!"

The youngest and beautiful sole surviving heir of Neptune swam under an opening of coral rocks and above a patch of sea plants, as fast as she could. The sea was roaring in her ears, enraged by the intrusion up ahead. Apprehension coursed through her veins. The blood that beat through her heart, was connected to the sea like others generations before. Just as the salty waters were her tears. Her teal hair was like the surf itself, falling down her back and across her breasts in soft waves.

Some of the sea life took notice of Neptune's fast course and followed calling excitedly to each other. A patch of dolphins soared along her side, swimming ahead to see. Suddenly she stopped, the water rushing around her form in swirls. She was transfixed at the surface of the water, breath held. Above the thin layer of the rippling glass like surface, there were colors of all kinds. Through the water and sea mist she could see glimpses of the sky, something she never saw before. It was the color of blood, as if the atmosphere was ripped apart. Thunder boomed and echoed slightly, muted by the water. It sounded like muted explosions, something she was told about that happened in the human world. She scanned the water looking for the shadow of a ship; looking for the heat and unnatural orange glow of fire above the surface and the rumbling explosion it caused as it went down, pulled by the waves. But there was none, this puzzled her.

"Let me not be too late..." She whispered tears pricking her eyes and slowly swam on.
The waves echoed and churned, crashing around the thrashing Uranian knight who had been swallowed and captured by the rage of the sea. Salt water filled Uranus's mouth and stung her eyes. It was as though she was being pulled down and fought hard to break for the surface again. She struggled with all her might, ripping off all her armor, anything that might help her float up and breath the air her lungs burned finally to the surface came to the surface sputtering and coughing, she was soon dunked under again by another unforgiving wave.

'I can't keep fighting this way for much longer. I'm going to die in this bitter angry sea.'

Her lungs burned, every part of her being screamed for air, but there was no relieve much longer then precious seconds. Her eye lids felt heavy and her vision speckled with colors and distortion, until she could no longer distinguish the surface from the sea floor. It was as if she was suspended in a thick smoldering blanket of icy aquamarine and foamy black velvet. In a way it was almost comforting. Maybe she had been wrong all along. If only she slept, if she just slept it all away.

She no longer felt her limbs. Suddenly relaxed, she stopped fighting as if to sleep. Uranus was not going to give the sea the satisfaction of her fear. She had seen death so many times before; it was nothing new for her; even if she was the person dying. She was dying for her cause and lost the battle.
As Neptune swam onward she continued to look around for any signs of thrashing bodies or figures clinging to ship wreckage. She scanned the water with adapted ocean colored eyes that could adjust to the darkened changing shadows. Finally she saw what had begun to attract the sharks, seeing sight of one sinking figure and cursed she dodged sinking pieces of metal as she made her way to the human. It was called Armor, she absentmindedly thought as she saw a breast plate fall beside her. Despite her fear of this new creature, as she had never seen a human this close before, she swam on and reached out wrapping her arms about its waist and began tugging upward towards the surface. It was then she noticed their wings and gasped.

'This is no human... what is another entity doing here? "

She reached the surface and tugged onward, glancing worriedly at the one in her arms, a tinge of blue on their lips. Death lingered dangerously near. A cold shiver crept along the mermaid's skin as she thought of the unspoken.

'What if I'm too late...?'

She struggled, thankfully the water provided some relieve from carrying and pulling along the extra weight of the unconscious entity.

The two bobbed along as the mermaid paddled with her free arm towards a large flat rock in the gentler part of the oceans surf. It was a warm sun lit cove that reached out and flattened above the waters surface, surrounded by vegetation and puddles of fresh water provided from the rain. It had a smooth surface easy for her to climb up on to. The hard part was pulling her burden up also. She lay back exhausted after managing to pull the sopping figure beside her and rolled it onto its back, careful of its beautiful wings.

Propped up on her arms, Neptune gasped when she finally got a better inspection of the winged entity. She titled their head to the side curiously and pushed golden wet bangs out of its eyes, touching their face admiringly. She let her hand trail along the cool cheek till she stopped, feeling a faint pulse. She froze seeing speckles of dried and fresh blood on its clothes and looked finally at the gapping wound on their shoulder.

From her past experience with humans she guessed that this one was a warrior of some kind, remembering the armor. But she did not see that type of metal before, nor the crest on the dark blue tunic. From its handsome face and boyish style clothes, she assumed it was a young man. She could tell he was wounded and the blue tinge on its skin and lips told her she had to do something right away.

With numbed and trembling fingers she pulled at and examined the worn garments. Desperately she tried to figure out how to undo the layers of material in order to lessen the pressure on the chest so that they could breathe better. Not having much experience with human clothes to begin with, the sea maiden sighed in irritation and searched for a cutting tool of some sort and found an empty sheath. From experience she trailed her hand along his leg and found a small dagger hidden in a sheath in his boot. Carefully, she cut away at the layers of soaked tangled material till she reached a layer of binding along the chest. Curiously Neptune began unraveling the layers of bandages until she could tug it away and gasped a bit.

"A woman... Since when were human women forced to wear men's clothes and had to bind their chest?" She wondered what other kinds of rules human had for their females and was thankful she could go with none. Tilting the woman knight's head up, Neptune reached over and grabbed a bit of a plant growing nearby and waved it under her nose. Almost at once the knight stirred and rolled onto her side weakly with the mermaids help, coughing up mouthfuls of sea water and gasping in air. She was too worn out and tired to notice however the pair of curiously fearful yet concerned ocean colored eyes watching her, as she was laid down again weakly. With a groan the warrior slipped off into a dream like state again, the world shifting before her eyes, of blue and green.
Sign up to rate and review this story