Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Love lore of the Wind and Sea

The end of the begining: Part II

by Neptunestears 0 reviews

The lore continues:

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Haruka (Uranus), Michiru (Neptune) - Published: 2006-01-06 - Updated: 2006-01-06 - 1780 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6: Part 2: The end of the beginning

The memorized knight broke the intense gaze and stumbled back startled by the depth of the woman's eyes, like ocean colored pools that churned so many emotions within at once with just one glance and the surprising shock at seeing the beautiful creature at once, without warning. She immediately felt sorry for grabbing such a delicate and seemingly fragile creature in such a way and startling her, for the sea maiden acted like it had been done before in the past and knew fear from it. But Uranus just needed to know just what it was she was dealing with and why.

"I..I'm sorry." The knight said shaking her head with a regretful ness Neptune never imagined seeing from her towards her.

"You..You're not afraid..." The voice whispered a little shocked; the apology seemed foreign to her ears.

"Afraid?"

The heir of the oceans nodded slightly and swam back away from the sheltering coral rocks she half hid behind, and into the more shallow part of the water. She was pretty sure the knight had seen and if not, it gave her the truth she deserved to know.

At once -as if by the mermaids wishes- the mists cleared away instantly and moved else where, finally allowing herself to be seen and the power which held her captive and made her a part of this (pardon da chibi pic)

From the waist up she was a woman, but replacing her legs there was a curiously beautiful slivery teal scaled fin, which bobbed slowly in the water as the gentle waves made their way around her body. She looked down wishing she could walk and stand and have legs, if only once. Like all the human women she saw claimed after ship wrecks by the angry vengefulness of her father and creator, the sea god of Neptune, who had upon death, became the spirit of the sea. She had cried over their bodies then. Admiring their smooth skin and legs and how beautiful those creatures were, but non like the one she had saved that fateful day. It was just something about the knight that made her breath quicken and her heart flutter in her chest just at the sight and in the presence of the strong woman warrior. But there was no chance -not before or ever- that this creature would stay with her, she who was a changeling. She who was a woman whose life was half dominated by the sea and prisoner to this shadowy wet world of Neptune and though she loved the sea dearly, she was so utterly alone and wished for just once someone to love.

'If only...' The mermaid thought sadly. 'If only those things I was told as a child were true...'

Uranus had followed the sad ocean eyes and saw the cause of her question, nearly gasping a loud. A merwoman, a maiden of the sea! She was of a race of creatures that were the most radiant of beauties and softest of voices. Who could lore even the most determined sailors off their navigated course with just the sigh of their breath and the melody of their sadden songs. Mermaids who called out to the ships curiously, watching with lust sadden eyes. Dragging their victims farther into the depths of the watery world shielded in sea mist. Leading them to their fate, and then to stay by their sides even in death. Till at last the sea maiden's move on just searching for another champion to break the curse of the sea. They were sultry sirens that danced with dolphins and saved the men who fell off their vesicles and brought them to shore with a choice in their hearts. And if they choose that world, underwater castles made of golden coral of magnificent heights and scales, chests of gold and jewels and the hand of the daughter of the sea king, was the reward, at least that's what the fables told.

It made Uranus remember the myths she read as a child. And the day she had to let go of all those fairy tales and become a warrior, pledged to something greater then her own life's worth. Forgetting her past memories and feelings in order to handle everything like a knight would; forgetting the complicated tangles of life like love, emotion, and dedication to something. Things like that could get one into trouble. She learned through painful times and hurt that if you cut away all the strings that try and bind you like a master to its puppet and just use the body as a shield inwardly and out, nothing could harm you. Sure, it was lonely at times but among men, steal, sweat and blood there was no reason for words, goodbyes or adieu's. There was only the language which took place in the form of a clang of armor and the hiss of blade cascading off another, battle cries and war tactics. That was all it was, and all that was needed. But Uranus saw something within the mermaid's eyes that stirred in the pit other stomach a strangely familiar feeling, a sense of need. Like a deep, prolonged cry to be set free, released, provoked and set to peace. Feelings of understanding, love, companionship, but most of all freedom, they both craved freedom. To be set free of the chains that held them to their worlds.

Neptune waited for the habitual echo of foot steps if this creature was to retreat or the burn of greedy ropes as a net would be thrown upon her to be captured for gold, fame or wealth. Both had been done before. And both times her internal tears stirred within the sea an angry roar and the water god -enraged by the trespassers who unsettled his daughter- would show them the consequences. And they were no more. Mere treasures slowly swallowed and settled to the sea floor hidden in the shadows and silence of their sudden fate. Treasures that was lost in the quiet solitude where all things were created. Returning to whence life began the womb and bosom of the sea.

The sea maiden waited and after a moment looked up just in time to see a pair of breath stealing sky colored wings burst open before her in a impressive rush of wind and motion, causing feathers to slowly descend and float on the clear teal surface of the ripples of the lagoon. She drew in a shallow breath and whispered in awe.

"You are truly an angel... Some type of Goddess of the

She looked down still awed, the power and strength the winged knight held was over powering. Neptune knew in the world she fell from, she must have held a high rank and took orders from no one. At last she knew she had met another entity like her. Only a few times when she was a Merchild did she ever hear about such winged creatures that lived up in the clouds, in castles in the sky. Bringing on the beautiful colors of sunsets and rainbows and stars at night. It was the sky realm where Pegasus's and unicorns dwelt and also gallant warriors. They were winged champions of the realm of the Heavens. Warriors who were loyally pledged to the crown and the sky king Uranus, fighting for the truth and the justice of men and woman alike on winged armored horses. They were the messengers of the sky and the voice of the wind which howled at night, they were the voice of the heavens. Or so the fables told.

Uranus half smiled and reached out tilting the sea maiden's chin upward to meet her eyes, with a strong yet gentle hand.

"M'lady, I have been called many things, but never an angel. And I am most certainly not a goddess..." She took a step back her expression unreadable and reached for her armor. Checking to see how much damage was done and what needed replacing. At last the stunned mermaid found her voice again and shook her head in protest. Teal waves flowed enthusiastically around her beautiful face as she did so, that which the knight had looked just in time to see and a slightly pinkish tint crossed her skin as she busily looked away again.

"But you came from the sky world. You have wings like angels and the mark of the holy kingdom across your heart."

And when Haruka blushed more and looked to her quizzically, Neptune swallowed and she smiled shyly.

"When I had undressed you I saw it, the royal symbol of the Heavens, of Uranus over your heart. You are the messenger, the winged one of the skies. As a child I heard stories of such angels, you've come to save me, haven't you?"

"I am no angel!" The winged entity scowled bitterly her eyes a treacherous gray icy blue like the skies in the dead of winter. She did however soften her voice considerably seeing the maiden flinch unexpectedly. After all this wasn't just another rough around the edges type of person she was used to in the royal guard, this was a soft voiced gentle maiden but Uranus had no idea how to be gentle anymore.

"An angel of death perhaps, but a fallen angel.. If anything..."

The winged warrior looked ironically at the sky which had only recently rejected her and closed her eyes allowing herself to remember her hardened memories and looked to the still blood tainted sky seeing something the mermaid could not. She sighed continuing in a distant voice, which was strangely calm.

"I am a born soldier. Raised and trained to fight and that is all. Forget me sea witch, chant some other lost soul. For I am as a living corpse cast out by the gods, on a mission with a lost cause." Not meeting the sea maidens regretful and stained eyes from tears that could not fall, the cast out knight bent to retrieve her sword out of the pile the maiden had brought forth from the sea, careful as to not touch any others for it was bad luck and all she needed was the angered spirits of men who owned those swords to taunt her soul yet.

"If not an angel... Then a winged warrior..." Neptune remarked carefully as she swam tentatively forward clutching on the rock Uranus was standing on and met the now off guard sky colored eyes with her own ocean colored ones.

"No, a winged warrior with gentle eyes." The mermaid then said softly. Haruka swallowed and slowly sheathed her sword.
Sign up to rate and review this story