Categories > Anime/Manga > Saiyuki

.of color, and the nature of things.

by LovelessNoire 0 reviews

Koumyou Sanzo said, once, that the orange of his paper airplanes seemed to bring out the blue of the sky.

Category: Saiyuki - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Cho Hakkai,Genjyo Sanzo,Sha Gojyo,Son Goku - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-10-12 - Updated: 2007-10-12 - 193 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hakkai. Emerald. The color of green and growing things
Goku. Gold. The color of life, of the earth when it was new.

As much as they are different, they are the same. Green, and gold. Colors of the earth, of nature, and natural things. Slow-moving, eternally unchanging. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Calming, steadfast.

Sanzo. Violet. The color of demons, of angels – unnatural.
Gojyo. Crimson. The color of blood, of anger, of love – extremes.

They are even more alike than they themselves know. Violet, and crimson. Colors of passion, of suddenness, and change. Quick to anger, quick to love. Fickle, and ever-changing. Everything changes, nothing stays the same. Instinct, impulse.


It is said that opposites attract, and that opposite colors compliment one another. Maybe it’s just the world correcting itself, balancing everything. The yin and the yang. Black and white, purple and gold, red and green, blue and orange. Demon and human?

A love that is all passion will soon catch aflame, consume, destroy – too quick and fickle to last.

A love that is all unchanging will someday crumble and wither – too unmoving to adapt and survive.
Sign up to rate and review this story