Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Back To The Future

How Do You Spell That

by GoogleGeek 3 reviews

Oh yeah, Joe's smooth alright. Smooth like a stone.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-10-18 - Updated: 2007-10-18 - 1025 words - Complete

0Unrated

"This is your last chance to scream your fucking lungs out." Pete said into the microphone. His voice was muffled out a little by the screams of the audience "You guys are mother fucking fantastic and we thank you all for being here tonight."

He gave the others a nod and stepped away from the microphone.Then with a burst of colored flashing lights they launched into Saturday, the final song of thee night. Patrick belted the words out into the mike as Joe did his swirls and kicks.

With the help of the security guard, Pete jumped into the older crowd. The youngest person he could see from his point of view was around twenty-two. As the song ended, he made his way back onto the stage and took his bass back from the crew member who was playing it. He followed the other guys backstage.

"I'm so glad we're playing shows again" Patrick sighed as he reached for his cell phone. He was excited to see one new message.

"Fuck, I know." Joe agreed, taking a swig of water. Her collapsed onto a near-boy couch, feeling like a tired lump.

Andy ran his fingers through his hair"Where's Cameron?" he asked, frowning.

Pete took a note that was sticky-taped to the dressing room door. "Says here, Mel took him back to the bus." he said before handing Andy the letter and then whipped off his sweaty shirt.

Joe's eyebrow's crossed together in confusion. "Who the hell is Mel?"

"You know the wardrobe assistant?" Pete asked. "That's Mel."

Joe shook his head and shrugged. He then stood up and cupped his ear to the door. "Hear that?" he smiled.

"Uhh, no." Pete walked over and rested his ear on the side of the door. He immediately began grinning. "Guy's come here."

Andy and Patrick gave them a strange look. Andy reluctantly joined Pete and Joe. Outside, on the other side of the door were chants of 'Fall Out Boy' being repeated over and over again.

"Should we go and see 'em?" Joe asked, excitedly. He hadn't had people chanting their name in a very long time. He had forgotten how good it had felt.

Andy and Pete nodded and then turned to Patrick. "Coming?"

"Wait..." Patrick called out as he replied to Amy's message with deep concentration. He flipped his phone closed before he stood by them. Together they opened the door and were taken back.

People cheered as they waked through them. They stopped to sign autographs along the way, but this crowd was a lot different. Well, Pete still got those creepy stalker girls saying things like 'I wanna' lick you' but he was cool with it.

**

Andy followed Patrick up the bus. Sitting on one of the corner booths Mel was reading a novel. Patrick waved to her as he walked straight for the bunks.

"Hi guys." she smiled, shutting her book. "Cameron's asleep." she explained.

Andy nodded. "Thank you." he said gratefully.

"Don't mention it." she said standing up, gathering her stuff.

"Are you going to be staying with us?"

She shrugged. "Not so sure. Well see-ya." she skipped outside of the bus as a knot formed in her stomach. Cameron had told her something quite puzzling.

Mel knocked on Joe and Pete's bus and walked in. She had never really met this Joe person but she still needed to talk to him.

"Oh, hey." Pete said, with his arm slung around Lana's shoulder. She seemed annoyed and irritated to see Pete greet another woman.

"Hey Pete." Mel greeted, ignoring Lana's evil eye stares. "How was your show?"

"Yeah, it was great. Thanks for asking. Playing again was..." his voice was trailed off from Joe who walked in.

He was holding a bottle of shampoo in his hands and was looking at it quite puzzled. "Pete, if I use this will it keep my fro bouncy?"

Joe looked up but instead of turning to Pete he noticed Mel. His heart pounded as he took in her caramel skin and golden hair. His eye's blinked many times before he actually said something.

"Hello." He mentally kicked himself. That was smooth, real smooth.

"I don't believe we've met." she said politely. She glanced at him up and down. She had seen him skipping around backstage before the show but she wasn't sure if he had seen her. "I'm Mel."

"And how do you spell that?" he blurted out. This time, he mentally thew a chair against his head. Pete gave him a 'raised eyebrow, what the hell' look. "Uhh, I mean, is that your, ummm, full name?" he thought up quickly.

"No, it's Melisa. But, I prefer Mel." she said. She couldn't help but giggle at how lame this guy was. Although, it was sort of cute.

Joe nodded, afraid if he opened his mouth he would say something stupid again.

"Can I see you outside for a minute, Joe?" Mel asked confidentially. She strolled outside into the night with Joe at her heels.

"What's up?" he said, resting one arm alongside the bus.

"Was that Pete's girlfriend in there?"

"Yes."

"Were you kissing her before the show?"

Joe gulped. "Why?"

"So you were...?"

"I never said that!"

"You never denied it either."

"She kissed me." he said, shaking his hands dismissively.

"Alright then." she gave him a last stare. "Be careful, Joe." she said before disappearing into the darkness.

Joe stood outside in the dark for a while. He had no idea what the hell had just happened. If that Mel woman told Pete it would just start all over again. He shook away his confusion as he swung open the bus door. He took one step and gulped. The sounds of Lana and Pete moaning for each other filled his ears as he stepped back outside. He faced the rocky bus from outside and sighed.

"Next time, don't trust the vegans kid." he murmured to himself as he fished his smokes out of his pocket.

__

A/N: This chapter is weak. I know it and I admit it. But, thank you for reading it, whoever you are. I LOVE YOU
Sign up to rate and review this story