Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Acts Of Betrayal

The Way We Were

by Clell65619 5 reviews

The Semiclassic 'everyone has been lying to Harry about everything' plot. Very AU. Bashing of pretty much everyone. Mind Control Sex. Language. Dumbledore decides the Old Families won't tolerate th...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] [?] - Published: 2007-10-20 - Updated: 2007-10-21 - 3970 words - Complete

5Original


A/N: I do not own Harry Potter. But you knew that.



A/N2: Yes, I am using Movie titles for Chapter titles. Idon't know how long I'm going to be able to keep it up, but it tickles me for now...



Harry Potter and The Acts of Betrayal



Chapter Two - The Way We Were



"Do you remember when you started noticing Ginny?"



"I don't know, not long after you and Ron got together, one day she was kissing Dean in the common room and then I felt like I was going to..."



"You were going to kill him." She saw the look in his eyes. "The same way I felt when I saw Ron and Lavender."



"I was so angry, at him, not her. I knew he wasn't good enough, I was just raging, you remember. Then she kissed me, and I calmed down. It's funny I've only kissed three girls. Cho was all salty and wet, you were just, well lovely, but Ginny, hers are everything; they take my whole mind and just stun it. Her kisses taste like"



"Strawberries."



He blinked. "How did you know? Have you..."



"No Harry, Ron's kisses taste like strawberries."



"They do? Is it a family thing?"



"No Harry, it's a potion thing."



...---===ooo000ooo===---...



Harry:

September 1st 1996.



I stared out the window of the Hogwarts express, depressed more than I could ever remember being. My attitude had kept the others away. Neville and Luna had come in for a while, but left when I wouldn't talk to them. Over the summer with the Dursleys I had made the decision to at least try and talk to her, but she was with Ron at the Prefect meeting.



With Ron. She was always with Ron. She spent the last part of the summer with Ron. The letters from Ron and from Hermione quickly became letters from Ron and Hermione. She would write the letters, full of news of the Burrow, her parents and of Ron. Ron would add his scrawl to the bottom with something about the Chudley Cannons.



Damn Ron Weasley anyway. He always had everything. Parents who loved him, brothers to help him, a sister to help. And now, Hermione. He had Hermione too. He always complained about not having money. Ron had no idea how rich he was. He had no idea how I envied him.



Hermione stormed into the compartment, slamming her self into the seat across from me, her brown eyes blazing.



"What's wrong Hermione?"



"Nothing, everything's just fine."



"If this is fine, "I said, reaching to take her hand. "I don't want to see you angry. Talk to me Hermione, what's wrong?"



"Ron."



"What did he do?"



"He pushed me into a corner, put his hand on my breast and kissed me. He said since I stayed with his family at the Burrow, I was his girlfriend now."



"Ron did that?"



She pulled her hand from my grasp and the look she gave me told me that questioning her was not the way to ensure living long enough for Voldemort to kill me. I started to feel very stupid. You get used to that hanging around with Hermione.



"I thought you were his girlfriend now. Your letters from the Burrow sounded like you were. I can't believe Ron would grope you like that. Want me to hex him?"



"I've taken care of that. He won't be sitting comfortably for quite a while."



I nodded. "Would you like to be alone? I can find somewhere else to sit."



"No Harry. I'm sorry. I can't believe Ron did that either."



"So he's not your boyfriend?"



That got me another filthy look. I ignored it and soldiered on. "Would you like one?"



"What?" she looked completely gobsmacked. A novel expression for the smartest witch of our age.



"Would you like a boyfriend?"



"That would depend on who this theoretical boyfriend might be. Who did you have in mind?"



"Me." I said almost silently. "I wouldn't touch you like that. Ever."



Again, she was startled. "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"



"Yes." I smiled. "You would have to make allowances for my general cluelessness and being emotionally stunted. But, yes I am."



"We're friends Harry." She explained. Evidently I'm an idiot.



"I thought that a friend would be the best choice for agirlfriend. Are you saying I should be asking out one of the Slytherin girls?" She looked a little startled at the idea. "Is the relationship better if you have to dodge getting a knife in the back while you're snogging?"



"No, I mean, why me? You could do better than me." Those big brown eyes bore into my soul.



"Better than you? You would have to point her out; I don't know the girl you're talking about."



"There are any number of rich purebloods who would welcome your attention Harry."



"I'm still waiting for you to tell me which one is better than you. I don't care about rich, my parents left me more money than I know what to do with, and Sirius made it worse. I don't give a good god damn about blood status. I know what girl I want to be with. I asked her when she told me that she didn't have a boy friend."



"But I'm not even pretty."



"No you're not." Her eyes burned into mine. "You are far beyond merely being pretty Hermione, you are beautiful."



I'd blown it. She didn't believe me. How could she look in a mirror and not see how beautiful she was?



"Yes"



"Yes? Yes what?"



"Yes, I'd like to be your girlfriend."



I couldn't believe my luck; I just sat there with my mouth open.



"Traditionally, my saying yes would mean we kiss."



Kiss? Oh hell. What I didn't know about relationships would fill several books. All I knew about kissing came from seeing what Aunt Petunia did with Uncle Vernon, and the wet mouth pressing Cho used on me. Suspecting that Hermione didn't want to be cried on, I moved over to her side, leaned forward and pressed my closed lips against hers.



"Honestly Harry, I think we can do better than that." Then, as in so many other subjects Hermione showed me what I was doing wrong. "Open your mouth Harry." Then she kissed me, our tongues touched, and suddenly Icouldn't stand up comfortably.



We sat side by side for the rest of the ride, hand in hand. Ron came by and gave me a filthy look, then left without saying a word.



...---===ooo000ooo===---...



Hermione:

September 1st 1996.



The beginning of term Prefects meeting was exactly what Iexpected. There was a short orientation of the responsibilities of a prefect by the Head Boy and Girl, specifically targeted at those who had yet to read the Prefect's Handbook. I had read it, committing the important parts to memory, but still took notes. It would be important to know the things that the Heads considered most important. Then the meeting was over, and Ron and Iwere assigned the first of the patrols.



We made the transit of the train. Stopping in on groups of first years to welcome them and let them know to speak to a prefect if they needed help. Stopping a few minor tussles between students, we were in the last carriage but one when Ron pulled me into the lavatory. He pushed me up against the door from the inside and covered my mouth with his, running his tongue around in my mouth. I was too shocked at this to react; he must have taken my inaction for permission and grabbed my breast, and ground his pelvis against mine. I felt his excitement against my thigh.



I recovered from the shock and drove my knee into his crotch, just the way Daddy taught me. I could still hear his instructions 'Ring his chimes, you'll have his attention. If he's just a kid who got carried away, that should be enough. If he's a bastard taking what you didn't offer, keep kicking until his testicles come out his nose.' I decided that Ron had just gotten carried away, and glared at him where he lay on the floor.



"What did you do that for?" he gasped, holding his damaged bits in obvious pain.



"No one gropes me. What the hell did you think you were doing?" I had never been so angry at him.



"We spent half the summer together at my house. You're my girlfriend."



"I WAS your friend Ron Weasley. I was never and never will be your Girlfriend."



I left him on the floor of the lav and went to the last compartment in the last carriage. Harry was there alone, looking lost. Ientered the cabin and sat on the seat across from him. His green eyes bore into me. He has such wonderful eyes; you could almost swim in them. I don't think he knew what those eyes did to women.



"What's wrong Hermione?" he asked.



"Nothing, everything's just fine." No sense worrying him about Ron.



"If this is fine, "He reached across the aisle and took my hand. "I don't want to see you angry. Talk to me Hermione, what's wrong?"



"Ron."



"What did he do?"



"He pushed me into a corner, put his hand on my breast and kissed me. He said since I stayed with his family at the Burrow, I was his girlfriend now." There, it was said.



"Ron did that?"



He doubted me? Did he really think I would lie about this?



"I thought you were his girlfriend now." He said, "Your letters from the Burrow sounded like you were. I can't believe Ron would grope you like that. Want me to hex him?"



"I've taken care of that. He won't be sitting comfortably for quite a while."



He nodded. "Would you like to be alone? I can find somewhere else to sit."



Don't leave me! I screamed inside my head "No Harry. I'm sorry. I can't believe Ron did that either."



"So he's not your boyfriend?"



I glared at him. He ignored it. "Would you like one?"



"What?"



"Would you like a boyfriend?"



"That would depend on who this theoretical boyfriend might be. Who did you have in mind?" Is he going to try and set me up with Neville?



"Me." He said quietly, as if he expected me to laugh at him. "I wouldn't touch you like that. Ever."



Was he asking me to..."Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"



"Yes." He smiled shyly. "You would have to make allowances for my general cluelessness and being emotionally stunted. But, yes I am."



"We're friends Harry." Did we dare risk what we had?



"I thought that a friend would be the best choice for agirlfriend. Are you saying I should be asking out one of the Slytherin girls?" He didn't understand what I was saying. "Is the relationship better if you have to dodge getting a knife in the back while you're snogging?"



"No, I mean, why me? You could do better than me." I knew he could, I'd thought this out before. I'd heard other girls talking about him.



"Better than you? You would have to point her out; I don't know the girl you're talking about."



"There are any number of rich purebloods who would welcome your attention Harry."



"I'm still waiting for you to tell me which one is better than you. I don't care about rich, my parents left me more money than I know what to do with, and Sirius made it worse. I don't give a good god damn about blood status. I know what girl I want to be with. I asked her when she told me that she didn't have a boy friend."



"But I'm not even pretty."



"No you're not." I knew it, but hadn't thought he would confirm it. "You are far beyond merely being pretty Hermione, you are beautiful."



Harry thought I was beautiful? He was just saying it; he couldn't possibly mean that, could he? If he meant it, then yes. I would accept his offer.



"Yes"



"Yes? Yes what?" Ah, now he was confused.



"Yes, I'd like to be your girlfriend."



He sat staring at me with his mouth open.



"Traditionally, my saying yes would mean we kiss."



He moved over to sit beside me, leaned forward and pressed his closed lips against mine. It was a kiss like my cousin gave me when I was nine. It was nothing like the kisses my parents exchanged regularly, and certainly nothing like what Viktor had given me after the Yule Ball. He really had no idea how. Damn his relatives anyway. Damn Cho too for leaving him this ignorant.



"Honestly Harry, I think we can do better than that." I gazed into those wonderful eyes, "Open your mouth Harry." We kissed again, our tongues touched, and a passion bloomed between us.



We sat holding hands for the rest of the trip. Ron came by and gave Harry the most horrible look, then left without saying a word.





...---===ooo000ooo===---...



Harry:

September 2nd 1996.



I had been asked to report to the Headmaster's office following dinner. The password was 'smarties', but I didn't need it because the gargoyle slid out of my way when I arrived and the door at the top of the stairs slid open before I could knock.



There was Dumbledore sitting behind his desk, projecting his patented serene look thing.



"You wanted to see me Professor?"



"Yes Harry. Lemon Drop?"



"No thank you sir."



"Straight to the point then Harry, I am concerned about some of your decisions recently."



"Excuse me Sir? What have I done?"



"Well placing yourself in the middle of the romance between Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger comes to mind.



"There's no romance between them Sir. Ron made an ass of himself and put his hands on Hermione without her permission. She told me they were not together, so I asked her to go out with me."



"That is not the story Mr. Weasley tells Harry."



"I've found that Hermione doesn't tell stories Professor, she makes factual reports. I am still at a loss to understand why any of this is your business sir. Since when does the Headmaster get involved with student romances?"



"The Weasleys are an important part of the Order Harry. It is important to keep them involved."



I blinked. "So you are going to offer up Hermione in payment for their services? Will you be dosing her with a love potion? When did you become a pimp?"



Dumbledore's eyes lost their twinkle. "Perhaps you need to be reminded of your place Mr. Potter."



"I believe my place is defending my friend from being manipulated sir. This entire discussion is none of you business. I would thank you to stay out of my personal life."



I left his office without being dismissed.





...---===ooo000ooo===---...



Hermione:

October 30th 1996.



Other than Harry's interview with the Headmaster, classes had settled down into the standard predictable pattern. Harry and I carried on with out budding relationship, neither of us in any hurry to push things. It was a time of sweet exploration of each other. We held hands in the common room, and kissed occasionally but nothing like the public displays of affection favored by others in our classes.



Which isn't to say holding hands was all we did. Harry rebuffed my suggestion of a broom closet for some 'alone time' telling me that I deserved better than that. One evening after dinner he led me to the Room of Requirements, which presented its self as an intimate study, with a large comfortable sofa, shelves of books, and a roaring fire.



"Wow, what did you ask the room to be?" I asked.



Harry blushed. "I asked for a room that only you and I could enter and where you and I could relax and spend time together."



We spent several evenings in our room, talking and kissing gently. We had the rest of our lives, we were in no hurry. If I known then what I know now I would have asked the room for a bed to take him too. It was too good to last.



The day before Halloween, classes were over, I was hurrying back to the tower to drop off my books and clean up for dinner. There in the common room was Ron with Lavender Brown. Their mouths were sealed together and his hands were inside her blouse. Hers were rubbing his thigh.



A blind unthinking rage consumed me.



How dare that slut be touching my Ron? Who the hell did she think she was? My fists balled I ran toward them, and Ginny intercepted me. She half wrestled half pushed me up the stairs of to the boy's dorm and into the 6th year boy's room. It was empty.



"Get in a fight with her and you'll lose your Prefect status. Then who will patrol with my brother?" she said. "Sit down; I'll get Ron to come talk to you."



I sat on Ron's bed and waited. It was almost 5 minutes before Ron appeared at the door and I flew to his arms, he held me and covered my mouth with his, I opened my mouth to taste him and suddenly...



Strawberries.



I knew I would do anything for Ron Weasley, anything at all, if he wanted me now on his bed; I was his for the taking.



Before we could get that far, we were interrupted.



"Oi, Ron. You up here mate? Have you seen Hermione anywh...'Harry quit speaking when he saw us.



"Hey Hermione, are you ok?"



That struck me as a ridiculous question. How could I not be ok when I was in Ron's arms? "Everything's wonderful Harry! Ron has taken me back after I was such a bitch to him on the train."



Ron extended his hand to Harry "Thanks for taking care of her for me until we could work out our misunderstanding."



Harry didn't take Ron's hand, his eyes visibly dimmed, and in a quiet voice he said, "Sure mate, what ever." He turned around and left without another word.



The part of my mind worried about Harry was quieted when Ron kissed me again.





...---===ooo000ooo===---...



Harry:

October 30th 1996.



Walking in on Hermione and Ron was the hardest thing I've ever done. Cedric being killed in front of me might have been a more horrifying sight, but it still doesn't have the emotional reaction that seeing them together did.



I was in a daze for most of a week. I couldn't talk to Hermione, and I just wanted to smack Ron in his smug face. I couldn't understand how she could throw me over like that. I wandered the halls of Hogwarts not caring what or who I saw, until I encountered Ginny and Dean atop the Astronomy Tower.



I completely lost my mind and attacked Dean. I actually did more damage to myself than him, flailing away at him, I actually hit a stone wall and broke my wrist and several knuckles, he scrambled away and Ginny put herself between us.



"Get out, we broke up and he's not taking it well."



"Merlin Harry, I didn't know."



I fought to get around her, she stepped up and kissed me.



Strawberries.



Why had I ever paid the slightest attention to Hermione?





...---===ooo000ooo===---...



Hermione:

November 10th 1996.



Ron and I had been dating exclusively for more than a week. We traveled throughout the castle finding places to be alone. He never took me to the Room of Requirements, he preferred broom cupboards. One night we had been kissing and he had been playing with my breasts, (my idea of course, Iloved the feeling of his hands and mouth on my breasts) when he mentioned that he had heard oral sex to be an ultimate expression of love. I wasn't sure Iwas ready for moving to that level. He kissed me again, and I begged him to allow me to taste him.



I was on my knees bobbing my head thankful for the opportunity. When he finished in my mouth he leaned down and said "I love that, it would be nice if you did that every day."



So I did.





...---===ooo000ooo===---...



Harry:

December 5th 1996.



Any time we weren't in class Ginny and I were inseparable. We never went beyond kissing, which was fine with me. My dreams became unbelievably vivid. Tom's projections and possessions from the past seemed to be minor day dreams in comparison. At least three times a week I would dream of Ginny coming to my bed, and we would make love, violently. Dream Ginny was passionate, demanding, and very vocal. But Dream Ginny's kisses didn't taste of strawberries...





...---===ooo000ooo===---...



Hermione:

June 15th 1997.



Our 6th year finished on a high note, no attacks by Voldemort or his followers. It was almost like he had forgotten about us. At Ron's suggestion I wrote my Parents telling them that I intended to spend the summer at the Burrow. At first they weren't too happy with it, but reconsidered with the next letter.



That night I went to Ron's bed and we made love. Starting with that night we made love every night.





...---===ooo000ooo===---...



Harry:

July 1st 1997



Summer at Privet Drive was pretty much the same it always was. Vernon hated me. Petunia hated me. Dudley hated me. I hated them.



The only real difference was my thoughts were always on Ginny. Real Ginny was no longer available, but Dream Ginny was in my bed at least 3 nights a week. Life was good.





...---===ooo000ooo===---...



Hermione:

July 30th 1997.



Ron had read somewhere about another method of having sex, involving the bum. I'd heard of it before and always rejected the idea as too gross to contemplate. Ron mentioned that he would like to try it, and it was suddenly all I could think about and I begged him to try it with me.



After my shower, I was in the room that Ginny and I shared when I noticed her diary. Curiosity got the better of me and I started to read it. It was fairly boring, full of her declarations of love for Harry. Then Ifound the entry for 25 October 1996.



Re: The plan to break up Harry and Herms. Dumbles gave Ron and me the potions. mancipiumdiligo for Harry and Herms and vincodiligo for Ron and me.



What the hell? I made note of the potions and hid the diary at the bottom of my trunk.



I dug through every potions book in the burrow and found nothing about either of them. I flued through to #12 Grimauld place to try the Black library, when I found it.



Mancipiumdiligo is the love slave potion, it inspires utter and total devotion to the keyed person.



Vincodiligo is the love command potion. It provides the keyed person with the method to reinforce the love slave potion via his/her bodily fluids, such as a kiss.



A kiss.



I was angry at Lavender, Ron kissed me. I was his. Ron kissed me any suggestion he made became my biggest ambition. He wanted oral sex, he kissed me I was on my knees. He wanted my virginity, he kissed me, Iwas on my back. He wanted my ass, he kissed me, and I guided him in.



Son of a bitch. They were doing this to Harry as well. Idecided then to kill them both. After dinner, I excused myself, avoiding letting Ron kiss me. I shrunk my trunk and stuffed the bed with pillows. Ithen disillusioned myself and snuck out of the burrow.



...---===ooo000ooo===---...

Sign up to rate and review this story