Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Kissing Mirrors

Hang-overs make killer headaches

by x-PhotoProofKisses-x 0 reviews

Alyssa is sent to hospital and Rick thinks his life is coming undone. Starlet liked what she saw and offers the boys a contract. Will Falling Over Backwards tour or not?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-10-23 - Updated: 2007-10-28 - 1259 words

0Unrated
Joseph walked around the hospital trying to find Rick.
“Excuse me, but just where do you think you’re going?” he was questioned by a young nurse.
“Do you have any idea who I am?” he yelled at her.
“Well you’re not the queen and even if you were, with manners like that you still wouldn’t be getting any further to that theatre than you are now.” She said.
“So Nancy,” he said reading her badge. “do they pay you extra to be a bitch to your patient’s family members or did you fit that into the job description all by yourself?” He watched her face twist. “Open mouth, insert foot, right?” He said casually.
“So who are you looking for?” Nancy asked him. “Alyssa Spencer, blacked out in a local joint.” He said laughing at his own joke. The nurse stared at him icily and he took it that she was not amused.
“Right this way, and exactly of what relation are you to Miss Spencer?” She asked. “Would that be a second cousin twice removed? A doting ex boyfriend maybe, or are you coming to finish her off?”
“Don’t you know that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, or is that just you trying to sound intelligent?” He asked, narrowing his eyes at her. This was not a conversation he needed to be having right now, finding Rick was his main priority.
“I don’t have all day.” He told her. “Can we speed things up a little, you know skip the dinner and polite conversation, and go straight to her room?”
“Darn my stupid Homie ‘Fro.” He thought. “No one ever takes me seriously, do I really look like I’d strap bombs to myself. God Joey, don’t even answer that one.”

“Rick buddy!” Shanae looked up to see Joseph shutting a young nurse out of the room.
“Hey there Joey.” She said, smiling weakly. He saluted her and turned his attention back to Rick. Shanae looked at her watch but the hands blurred into one and as far as she could tell it was sometime past midnight.
“That means she’s been out atleast four hours” she said to no one in particular.
Rick and Joseph paused their conversation and looked up at her.
“Shanae, I think it’s almost time to go home, you need to rest, and they will ring you if she wakes up.” Rick told her softly, taking her hand in his and squeezing it.
“I can’t leave her Rick, I don’t want her to wake up alone, I know how scared she’ll be.”
“She won’t be alone, there will be nurses in here every ten minutes” he told her.
“But what if she wakes up inbetween their check ups?”
“We can leave her a note and put it in her hand, that way she’ll find it as soon as she’s conscious.” Shanae pulled her hand away from Rick’s, and took Alyssa’s in her own. She looked up at Rick.
“Okay, give it another half hour.”

………………………………………………………………………..

“No, you listen to me,” Starlet, shouted into her Sidekick, pouting. “I’m telling you, they could be the next best thing! Have you watched the clip I sent you?”
“Not yet, hun, I’ve been busy.”
“Well watch it!”
“What right now?”
“Yes, now. Argh Travis, cut the crap, okay?” She flicked her long blonde hair out of her face.
“Sit down and watch it.”
“Sit down, what am I? You’re puppy? You’re kidding me right?”
“No, I’m serious. You’re watching it?”
“Yes, I’m watching it.”
“Good. Now tell me, what do you think?” Starlet sighed.
“The lead guy, he jumps off stage, that’s not professional.”
“Yes, I know he jumped off the stage in the middle of a song, a girl fainted and he was helping her. But think about the music, listen to the words, the melody.”
“I guess it kinda makes my heart skip with the drums.”
“Your heart skips in time with the drum beat? Well okay Travis, so overall what do you think? Would they make a good investment?”
“I don’t know, a DVD is different from a real performance.”
“You of all people should know Travis….You are the one that listens to bands like them.”
“I’ll come round and we can discuss it.”
“What? Okay, see you soon. Don’t loose that clip, I may need it.”
“Okay, I love you.”
“Love you too hun.”
Starlet pushed the piles of paper from her desk to the floor and opened her laptop. In the search bar she typed; Falling Over Backwards. It was time for a little research.

Peter paced the hallway. He had just spoken to Starlet Young, founder of Starlight Records, she liked him, well, she liked his band. He wondered how she even knew who they were, let alone his phone number. Peter rubbed his eyes. It was always the same, corridor after lonely corridor; and none leading him anywhere he wanted to be. And now, finally he found the right turn. Possibilities were opening everywhere, but he didn’t have the courage to leave the only things he loved.
Peter gathered his doubts and pushed them as far as he could into the back of his mind.
“Gentlemen,” He called to his friends. “I have something to tell you, two things actually. My puppy Remy, well he tried his hand at sudoku, but what he didn’t realize was it wasn’t a martial art. And the second thing is; I’ve had a call from Starlet Young. Starlet of Starlight Records. She wants an interview.”
“Are you serious?” Drew asked him.
“Deadly.”
“And where to from there?”
“Well,” Peter drawled. “That all depends if she likes us in person or not, I guess. She wants to record with us, and she talked about some kind of schools tour just to get our name out. It wouldn’t be half bad, but we’d have to leave almost everything behind. Everything we’ve built ourselves on wont matter anymore. We’ll go wherever we’re needed I guess.”
“We can’t do that Peter! Not with Alyssa the way that she is, and Shanae? What will you tell her. And I’ve finally found a real job, things were just starting to look up. Why leave it all and start again?” Rick shouted, panic stricken.
“Calm down Rick, it’s not a definite thing, and it won’t be happening if we don’t all agree.”
Peter sighed and sat on the arm of Rick’s couch.
“Somehow, things will work out, they have to.”

Drew watched as Rick stormed out angrily,
“You could have let him down softer, there’s a long way to fall when you’re on cloud nine.”
“And what was I supposed to say, ‘Look Rick, what about I’m about to say will completely throw you off your nut so I hope you screwed your head on tight this morning. We’re gonna be stars! Here, cry on my shoulder. You can always send postcards to your family,’ somehow I don’t think he would’ve taken that well either.” Peter shot back.
“Hey I’m just saying, he doesn’t adapt to things well. This will turn all our lives upside down if we agree to take it, but for now, get your head out of the clouds and back down here, where it belongs.”
Sign up to rate and review this story